XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2258)
-   -   How hard is Legendary? (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=344468)

relauby 11-21-2011 07:28 PM

How hard is Legendary?

Me and a friend were planning to do a playthrough on Legendary, but I was just wondering how hard it is before we went out and got it. We breezed through ODST together but had trouble with Reach. So how does it compare to them?

Guilty Trace 11-21-2011 07:35 PM

Legendary is a challenge, but I remember plowing through it solo way back in the ol' days. The skulls make things A LOT easier. Load up Pillar of Autumn with Grunt Funeral, Birthday Party, Bandana and Boom: one headshot to a Grunt in the middle of a group will clear a room pretty quick - and it is so much fun.

andami 11-21-2011 07:36 PM

Not very hard in the least with multiple people. A bit harder than Reach, but overall not that bad. Playing solo might be a bit of a challenge though.

I mak3 big boom 11-21-2011 07:39 PM

Its hard unless you put on grunt funeral bandanna and boom. If you do that it makes it a cakewalk

Nevander 11-21-2011 07:49 PM

Easiest Legendary ever, IF you do this:
  • Co-op with another person OR split-screen with another profile.
  • Bandanna, Grunt Funeral, and Boom skulls ON.
  • Make one controller sit back for respawns when you die.
These three things makes it incredibly easy. Did it all using this method.

relauby 11-21-2011 11:22 PM

Wasn't Grunt Funeral the pre-order bonus? Is there another way to get it, if so? Also, will it work if only one of us have the skull?

funkimchi 11-21-2011 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by relauby (Post 4704932)
Wasn't Grunt Funeral the pre-order bonus? Is there another way to get it, if so? Also, will it work if only one of us have the skull?

Halo Nation website sites Halo Waypoint website in stating the following: "This skull will only be available to those who pre-order the game." Here is the url: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Halo:_Com...versary_skulls.

Yes, you must have pre-ordered CEA to get this skull.

Nutmeg 11-22-2011 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkimchi (Post 4704993)
Halo Nation website sites Halo Waypoint website in stating the following: "This skull will only be available to those who pre-order the game." Here is the url: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Halo:_Com...versary_skulls.

Yes, you must have pre-ordered CEA to get this skull.

I have this skull without pre-order. My disk contained a code for it along with Anniversary map pack for Reach, 48-hour gold xbox live trial, male and female Master Chief armor.

funkimchi 11-22-2011 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nutmeg (Post 4705029)
I have this skull without pre-order. My disk contained a code for it along with Anniversary map pack for Reach, 48-hour gold xbox live trial, male and female Master Chief armor.

Somebody should tell Halo Nation website or Halo Waypoint!!

Titch! 11-22-2011 01:59 AM

Grunt Funeral makes it miles easier, but I would say its still pretty tough. Just past Truth/Recon on Legendary Solo, and... well it took me awhile to get past the first bridge area but then with some patience & GF strategy it gets easier. I was doing the Sniper Achievement at the same time, which was made it alot harder imo.

DarkReign2021 11-22-2011 02:12 AM

Halo's Legendary is hard in a different sense than one would say Reach's Legendary is hard. Reach had obnoxiously powerful enemies with super weapons and created entirely unfair scenarios. Halo eliminates the super health and weapons in favor of a large number of enemies. The encounters in this game are the largest in the series in terms of enemy count. The later levels with the Flood are particularly hard because they do what they're actually designed to do. They FLOOD you with massive numbers. Think H3's level Cortana, but even more obnoxious.

Myself, I'm better with large numbers than unfair scenarios, so I found Reach's Campaign to be harder than Halo: CE (and Halo 2 is by far the hardest campaign hands down.)

Nutmeg 11-22-2011 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jentoni (Post 4705225)
could you still happen to have the 48hr trial?

could you please offer it to me?

Nah, sorry. Already gave it to my friend.

Kaiyo 11-22-2011 03:11 AM

The Grunt Funeral Skull was Pre-order bonus or Day 1 content, simple as that.

SGT J1ngles 11-22-2011 04:28 AM

i found this halo the hardest legendary solo i dont know why tho its easy when you have some of the skulls

andami 11-22-2011 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiyo (Post 4705488)
The Grunt Funeral Skull was Pre-order bonus or Day 1 content, simple as that.

More accurately, the Grunt Funeral Skull was included in the first print copies of the game.

Annihil88torr 11-22-2011 05:22 AM

Piece of cake

NoEffects6 11-22-2011 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andami (Post 4705641)
More accurately, the Grunt Funeral Skull was included in the first print copies of the game.

Yep, buy the game tomorrow and the skull is yours. I just got the game and the skull code was in the box.

Int3rnalF3ar 11-22-2011 08:16 AM

I think Reach was relatively easy (beat it solo legendary first). I beat Halo 3 legendary solo, which wasnt very hard. ODST I also beat solo, except for the last level cause I need the 4 player achievement. This one, currently running solo, isn't too much of a hassle. Actually easier than I remembered. It's a challenge, simple cause enemy weapons are ridiculously overpowered. I still believe Halo 2 was the hardest one on legendary hands down

Lord 11-22-2011 11:37 AM

If you get stuck on legendary then these excellent walkthroughs will help on youtube

smjenkins77 11-22-2011 12:56 PM

It should say on the outer sleeve whether it contains the bonus content or not.

KeiXAnima 11-22-2011 08:38 PM

Id say it would be harder then reach if you haven't played the original before. But skulls do make it a cake walk as everyone has said, so I suggest playing it without skulls first for funsies. Also just a word of advice.. be careful about just running room to room in the later levels like Keyes and The Libary... there are some nasty checkpoint breaks and you may not notice it and wipe out say 3-4 rooms of Flood and then die to have to do it all again..and again...and again.. like the one that frustrated me the most was on "Keyes" right at the end in the room with the banshee surrounded by 4 elites no shields on 1 health bar and while running for cover then checkpoint. Needless to say... quite a few quick 3 second deaths for a while...

combustible lemon 01-03-2012 07:31 PM

in co op its easier than reach cos in reach enemy AI scales with number of players in solo its harder than reach but bandana and grunt funeral skulls (if u have it) + boom on open levels helps alot.

theirishmagnum 01-04-2012 10:03 AM

Most people can't beat this game without skulls...which is sad because it's not that hard at all. I beat game on single play in one sitting, then I got skulls, my achievement order can tell you the truth about this lol I can help you co-op any level in under 1 hour without grunt F skull :woop: GT - Lucky Irish man

Darth Swifty 01-10-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andami (Post 4705641)

Just picked this game up New last week. It came with the Grunt Funeral Skull Code. Good Times.

SuperSkyline89 01-10-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Swifty (Post 4817376)
Just picked this game up New last week. It came with the Grunt Funeral Skull Code. Good Times.

Ya, I think they've truly proved that whatever they said about Grunt Funeral being a limited numbers item was total BS.

And honestly I think it's better that way, everyone should be able to get it.

MixMaker1 01-10-2012 05:35 PM

That's good they're still selling it.

Did your copies come with the MC armor as well? :)

GamesBond 01-10-2012 06:08 PM

if you had already played the original Halo CE then i think the legendary is a breeze on solo. make sure to use Boom and Bandana skulls. in the initial levels, use needler and the pistol. later levels with the flood, you are better off with shotgun and rocket launcher.

also play it on heroic or normal and remember the small tricks and you are good to go.

SuperSkyline89 01-10-2012 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GamesBond (Post 4817538)
if you had already played the original Halo CE then i think the legendary is a breeze on solo. make sure to use Boom and Bandana skulls. in the initial levels, use needler and the pistol. later levels with the flood, you are better off with shotgun and rocket launcher.

also play it on heroic or normal and remember the small tricks and you are good to go.

The shotgun is a must with the Flood but you have to be really careful with the rocket launcher if you have Boom on. All the grenades that the Flood drop set off some crazy chain reactions if you use rockets. It's bad enough without Boom on, it's a nightmare with it on.

I recently finished Heroic and the Flood never once killed me, it was always the grenade chain reactions.

Pointblank25 01-30-2012 11:42 PM

Legendary can be a challenge but with your friend along, it should not be too difficult.

HalfEVILmonkey 02-09-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pointblank25 (Post 4858199)
Legendary can be a challenge but with your friend along, it should not be too difficult.

Agreed. This was tough in solo but pretty with a friend and skulls.