XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1413)
-   -   How difficult are the Chaos DLC achievements? (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=349624)

MulticronX 12-21-2011 02:24 AM

How difficult are the Chaos DLC achievements?

Considering I've never managed to survive an entire Exterminatus session, these achievements are looking pretty difficult.

I would be up for grouping up with others who would like to tackle these achievements. GT: MulticronX .

91GSX 12-21-2011 04:33 AM

I'm on wave 21 now with some randoms. It's pretty intense!

Dead End Kyo 12-21-2011 05:39 AM

I wouldn't say that they're THAT difficult but some will require a bit of effort to get.

I made it to wave 21 as well tonight but everyone started leaving after failing it lol beating the bonus wave is going to be the hardest one in my opinion especially when you're trying to go for the achievement that requires you to complete it in a public match.

This is reminding me of DoW2's The Last Stand...

Anyway I'll be up for playing Chaos Unleashed with anyone, there is a major lack of players with this DLC at the moment.

Miles Prower F6 12-21-2011 06:20 AM

The Last Stand in DOW2 is like insane on the end waves. I haven't tried the Chaos expansion yet, but I'm hoping it's more intense than the first exterminatus.

Mr Stoat 12-21-2011 09:50 AM

I have a question for the guys who got to/past wave 21. What tactics did you use to get past wave 19? For me and my friends it was a round that had 2 control points and we could just not survive to hold either one of them due to the vast amount of badguys thrown against us.

Rich77 12-21-2011 10:28 AM

@Mr Stoat After numerous attempts last night the group I was with finally got to the final wave. Regarding Wave 19 the load out that aced it for us was 3 Assaults & 1 Tac - 2 assaults with Thunderhammers, 1 with Chain Axe and the Tac sporting dual wield storm bolter & melta gun. Get as many people on 1 of the points & cap that don't try splitting your forces between the two. Use the Assaults to pick out shootaz and grenade the hell out of the large groups as they converge on the capture point. Hit & run with the Assaults, ground pounding large groups but making sure you've got enough fuel to leap out almost straight away.

From my perspective as an Assault the loadout that worked really well was Chain Axe, Axemans Zeal and Sure Strike. I normally go for Death From Above, but the radius and additional stuns of the Sure Strike (it takes 2 Y button presses to launch the massive ground slam) really ties up the hordes of Orks and Imperial Guard. It also stuns groups of Space Marines allowing your team mates to whittle them down.

How on Earth you get past the bonus wave is something I'll need to read up on, it's mental! :)

Dead End Kyo 12-21-2011 06:30 PM

I always find wave 19 pretty easy, when I played with randoms, 2-3 of them would cap the center control point while I go for the other one which rarely gets attacked.
My team sometimes consist of 2 assaults & 2 tacticals.

@Rich77: yeah, the bonus wave is pretty insane, I ended up running out of ammo & had to use my combat knife on the Ork Dreadnoughts which is pretty lolful.

harryscarr 12-22-2011 12:02 PM

Is anyone up for playing this me? Im getting some points in a couple of days, and none of my friends have this. Please add me, SARG3NT SCARR

H0p3sfalL 12-22-2011 12:24 PM

I DL this last night but couldn't find it in the menues. Does anyone know where I can find it?

The Duke of Darkness 12-22-2011 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H0p3sfalL (Post 4780902)
I DL this last night but couldn't find it in the menues. Does anyone know where I can find it?

Just go on exterminatus then when you search for a game it asks you to select classic or choas invasion. Good luck finding a game because I can't.

H0p3sfalL 12-22-2011 02:54 PM

ohhhh okay..... DUH ! Should have known that lol.

d00gler 12-27-2011 01:33 AM

Not considering achievement difficulty or time to complete the additional DLC achievements, is this worth getting? I saw in a couple lower posts that it may be difficult to find worthwhile allies to play this DLC online, but is it fun? I love this game, it's some great fun tearing through hordes of green guys, especially with real life friends.

sillyjordo 02-20-2012 07:43 AM

I tried ALOT of times to beat the bonus wave before doing so. It's wildly challenging. Squigs. :mad:

Wurrzappa 03-06-2012 11:38 PM

This is deffenitly one of the most fun parts of the online play for me, just so much carnage, so much more than in the regular exterminatus :') The ideal combo that worked for me was 1 assault, 2 tacticals and 1 devastator (me :D ). You just make good use of cover in the bonus round, take out them boyz first and focus on the kans last. I've beaten it and it isn't that hard if everyone sticks together. If anyone is up for it my gt: Wurrzappa