XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Amy (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2312)
-   -   First review...... (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352155)

JohnnyBoosh 01-09-2012 09:19 PM

First review......

Ouch.......

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...ws/amy-review/

Joseph0714 01-09-2012 09:51 PM

Ouch indeed! I was hoping this was going to be a good XBLA, or atleast a decent one, but that score is way too low :S

Still, gotta wait for more Reviews and also will try the demo.

:(

JohnnyBoosh 01-10-2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph0714 (Post 4815868)
Ouch indeed! I was hoping this was going to be a good XBLA, or atleast a decent one, but that score is way too low :S

Still, gotta wait for more Reviews and also will try the demo.

:(

Was hoping the same myself.....Will see the next few reviews and give the demo a try before I buy....

Joseph0714 01-10-2012 12:09 AM

I don't trust reviews so I still got hope for it lol
Also I was so confident that this was gonna be great that I even bought the points :p

Annalie 01-10-2012 01:59 AM

Ill decide for myself, im still buying this. its only 800 points so no biggie. even if its bad.. it still looks like a decent 200:gsicon:.

Filter x360a 01-10-2012 08:28 AM

Yeah...You can't always trust reviews. Its good to be aware of those points before going in, but I'll probably still pick it up. Like the above poster put, I'd rather decide for myself.

i got squeezed 01-10-2012 04:27 PM

Wow, so the game sounds pretty lame. I'll see for myself tomorrow

DeanBriggz 01-10-2012 11:37 PM

I'll still be picking it up tomorrow :).

I had a quick read of the review and, to me, it looks like the reviewer was expecting far too much for an 800MSP XBLA game. He didn't even point out any of the games good points, only the negatives.

master tasos 01-11-2012 09:25 AM

i will buy it too

Off The WaLL 01-11-2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyBoosh (Post 4815787)

oh shit!

I'll wait for IGN review and maybe ....well idk this arcade looks bad to me

geoneo123 01-11-2012 01:50 PM

So has anyone tried the game yet?

Care too share your views?

master tasos 01-11-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geoneo123 (Post 4819245)
So has anyone tried the game yet?

Care too share your views?

i have.i play it for 1 hour its ok the controls arent good and the combat its difficult i play it on hard and 2 punches from the enemies and your dead

geoneo123 01-11-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by master tasos (Post 4819262)
i have.i play it for 1 hour its ok the controls arent good and the combat its difficult i play it on hard and 2 punches from the enemies and your dead

Oh right, so do you think it was worth 800MSP?

master tasos 01-11-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geoneo123 (Post 4819265)
Oh right, so do you think it was worth 800MSP?

yes it worth it.

n1hMrDeath 01-11-2012 03:34 PM

was thinking about picking it up too,ether this or chopper lift hd,hmm from what i hear may wait on a few more reviews to come in,i know i may not get it for 800ms but if ,,,It it does go on sale for 400ms(no idea how long that will be ,not normally a cheap,but there is a lot coming out,got to budget right) ill 100% snap it up.had high hopes for this one.

Jellybean468 01-11-2012 04:00 PM

Just downloaded this, I'm not really fussed about reviews, I make my own opinions aha. This is the first arcade game for a damn good time that has interested me so why not :)

i got squeezed 01-11-2012 04:27 PM

Well I can say the review is right coming from me. Played it, liked it first 5 minutes and quit.

Annalie 01-11-2012 04:46 PM

So far im liking this game. the controls aren't perfect probably because this was developed for the ps3 first, but that's ok. i enjoy taking a break from the same old crap.

n1hMrDeath 01-11-2012 07:12 PM

whats the difficulty like Annalie ? how hard is hard for example ?,still cn't decide myself may get it later tonight :P

Annalie 01-11-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n1hMrDeath (Post 4819839)
whats the difficulty like Annalie ? how hard is hard for example ?,still cn't decide myself may get it later tonight :P

There are 3 difficulties, i tried on hard first. but i keep dying after 3 hits(got annoyed lol). so i switched to easy. and from what ive noticed you cant really die on easy if you're careful. but yea hard will be a challenge, for me at least.

Inebriated Jedi 01-11-2012 07:36 PM

Destructoid has posted a PSA warning people to stay far, far away from the game since it's so terrible:

http://www.destructoid.com/psa-do-no...y-219488.phtml

I think I'll pass.

jeremyh120 01-11-2012 07:44 PM

I really like the game judging from the demo, the controls are awkward but I'm a big fan of the original RE games so I don't mind. Besides... awkward controls and survival horror go together like pb&j.

supadryz 01-11-2012 09:24 PM

It's a shame this has been slated I was looking forward to this, I've downloaded the demo so I'll have to judge it for myself.

The reviews so far on metacritic Have not been good to Amy on PS3 anyway.

XARCTICXMONKEYX 01-12-2012 12:58 AM

So I just competed the demo. Thought I would give some thoughts seeing as it's getting mixed reviews. I can see how people can criticise it as the controls are abit off but the game does have a nice tense old school feeling about it. If you enjoyed the old Resident Evils and Silent Hills on PS1 you will get a kick out of this. Feels quite outdated but if you take it for what it is, at only 800 Ms points I think it's a cool little game. Probs a 7/10 but I would say unless you enjoyed and played alot of old survival horror games you won't like this. Nice for old school fans to relive old memories on a new game.

Ayx 01-12-2012 01:32 AM

If you played the Demo, don't give a review based on it. That's exactly what it is, an introduction Chapter. The game starts in Chapter Two pretty much, it's some of the basic patterns (Hiding, shoving Amy down holes, sending her to hack 240 times like she's some wizard.) and you get Amy's abilities which is suppose to be really good but so far it's not proving too useful as you might as well bash the heads of the Zombies because you can't stealth them 80% of the time.

The game is beautiful, ignore the Screen Tearing and it's actually very well designed. The game is dark, gives a chilling feeling and has a few scares if you're using Turtle Beaches or a loud volume.

The thing that single handedly kills this game is the Checkpoint System, due to it the game's difficulty spikes intensely and not in a difficult way since it's trial and error, it's the time that it takes to get from Point A to Point B without messing up. It's about a 15 minute session if you don't run through it and it has to be pretty flawless (A little forgiveness if you failed Stealth on a Zombie since you can kill them, not a soldier or a big monster.) or you're done, back 15 minutes. Times this about 60 times and you finished one chapter of Amy. There's 6.

Once Outinthedark can confirm these achievements are Stackable the X/10 rating will be significantly lower and it will get a bonus with Video Walkthroughs. Without it, you're looking at an easy 8/10 simply in tediousness and the difficulty of the game later on.

Great game, the few flaws really can put the debate on the purchase or not.

Bunglist 01-12-2012 01:33 AM

IGN have just given it 2/10 calling it the worst game in recent memory.

Not looking promising...

Ayx 01-12-2012 01:37 AM

It's promising if your hopes was a little PS1/2 esque Horror game. Clunky controls, High Difficulty etc. Decent horror value, for $10 of course. Something you'd find on a bargain bin and say "Aww why the hell not." but the only saving grace is that you paid $10. (Which for XBLAs, that's not good.)

I do love supporting developers in stuff like this, but hopefully they will take the Reviews to heart and clean up a lot of the messes they made. Maybe some patches will make Screen Tearing a bit easier on the eyes.

MabusScarab 01-12-2012 03:20 AM

Ayx, much appreciated for your in depth non-demo review, that's more what I was looking for when searching for opinions on this game. People need to understand two things when it comes to arcade titles like this, number one it's not a $60 game in a $10 package, so it needs to be treated like a ten dollar experience. Number two NEVER judge a game by it's demo, regardless of arcade or full version. I've had friends that didn't like the original Bioshock demo and wrote off the series entirely. 99 times out of 100 the demo will never give you an accurate example of the game as a whole, sometimes the demos are made before the game is even finished or polished and isn't how the final game is gonna play or look. Too many good games are overlooked because of bad demos.

Holiday9357 01-12-2012 07:39 AM

What needs to be realized is that even though an Arcade game is and should be realized as an Arcade game, that doesn't automatically mean that one should lower his expectations for said title.

Plenty of arcade titles in recent memory have been admirable, or even perfect (Bastion, Limbo) within the creative and budgetary constraints allowed by an Arcade game. We judge an Arcade game, and any game for that matter, by how well it performs within these constraints.

When a kid from the slums of Chicago applies to attend an ivy-league institution, his test scores aren't judged against the standards held by a prep school in Cambridge, Massachusetts, but judged against those of his classmates.

We cannot let off Amy for failing by saying "Oh, it's only 10 dollars" or "It's supposed to be artificially hard" because its developers simply failed at providing a quality experience. Plenty of other Arcade developers have created wonderful works within these same constraints, and we must criticize Amy because it is not a quality video game.

MabusScarab 01-12-2012 08:09 AM

I really didn't mean it along the lines of not being critical because it's only a ten dollar game, it was more about the expectations and comparisons. A lot of people are going to compare it to Resident Evil or Silent Hill but that's not entirely fair to do considering the differences in effort and budgets.

It's like when 007 Bloodstone came out, was I going to pay $60 for the game? Heck no, but did I buy it when I saw it for $9 in Gamestop's bargain bin? Sure, I knew what I was getting into was probably going to be a miserable experience but for the price I was willing to take the plunge, milk it for some achievements and attempt to struggle and finish the game. Thereafter trade it back in for fifty cents. Was it fun? No it pretty much sucked, but I got about 400 points out of it and didn't feel like I wasted my money playing through it once.

I also tend to be fairly tolerant to terrible games lol. After all that said as i'm typing this i'm playing the Amy demo. It kinda sucks. I'm gonna buy it anyway so i'm not a hypocrite.