XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fenix Rising (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2495)
-   -   Fenix Rising Achievement Guide + ALL 132 Combat Ribbons Guide (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=353287)

madmanRAB 01-18-2012 10:49 AM

Fenix Rising Achievement Guide + ALL 132 Combat Ribbons Guide
 
Hey guys, here is video guide on how to get all the achievements in the third DLC instalment of Gears of War 3. This even includes how to get ALL the 132 Combat Ribbons necessary to get one of the achievements. Thanks for watching and please subscribe for more. If you like my videos please do thumbs up I really appreciate it, madmanRAB





Fenix Rising Achievements:

Now They Begin to Understand (20 GS) – Complete 12 waves of Beast on all Fenix Rising Maps.

Defending the Past (25 GS) – Complete all 50 waves of Horde on any of the Fenix Rising Maps.

Come to Poppa (15 GS) – Win a Versus multiplayer match as a team of five Recruit Claytons (any mode).

Locust, Forever (15 GS) – Win a Versus multiplayer match as a team of five Savage Marauders (any mode).

Time to Re-up (50 GS) – Achieve level 100 and choose to re-up for another tour of duty.

Again! (50 GS) – Achieve level 100 a second time and choose to re-up for another tour of duty.

I’ve Done it All! (75 GS) – Earn at least one of each of the original 132 combat ribbons.


New Informatin has come to my attention:

1) 'Come To Poppa' and 'Locust, Forever' can be done in private match which makes them alot easier

2) If you are close to Seriously 3.0 DO NOT re-up until you get your achievement. When you re-up you will lose your Level 100 status and will have to earn your rank again before the game gives you your achievement. Thats very bad programming on Epics behalf so just be careful guys. All the best, madmanRAB

Omni CEO 01-18-2012 11:02 AM

damn 45 mins.
also found out im missing more ribbons then i thought thanks to the ingame stats...

will use this after im done with wingman

madmanRAB 01-18-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omni CEO (Post 4833534)
damn 45 mins.
also found out im missing more ribbons then i thought thanks to the ingame stats...

will use this after im done with wingman

Thanks man hope its useful to you :woop:

yeah 45 minutes but 40 of those minutes are going though the ribbons one by one so you can really just skip through it to find what you want lol :p

Vladdd309 01-18-2012 11:46 AM

Thanks for the effort bud, picked up how to get a few ribbons from this.

madmanRAB 01-18-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vladdd309 (Post 4833593)
Thanks for the effort bud, picked up how to get a few ribbons from this.

Thanks you, I'm glad to have helped you out :)

sirios2389it 01-18-2012 12:30 PM

wow, thx so much for the 132 ribbons video guide :)

xRaW CaRNage x 01-18-2012 03:08 PM

Good guide madman! Your on top of these video guides!

shin-akuma 01-18-2012 08:00 PM

For the ole! ribbon, you don't need frags you can use smoke grenades. It counts if you do it any part of the animation for the retro charge, so you can actually stand behind them and hit them in the back with it the instant they start charging.

For trick shot, shooting a meatshield in the head will also kill the person holding them, so that gets you the medal also, a bit easier if you want to get it legit.

Frazerz1990 01-18-2012 08:17 PM

Thanks for the guide, I multitasked through the whole video pausing and then doing them and then returning back to the video. Very enlightened on how to do the 13 I have left to do now.
Although being able to do them is a different story, attempting to find and swollow a grenade before being shot to death with a wild ticker isn't the easiest task to do! :(

Stand Free 01-18-2012 08:36 PM

Racking vid, I'll be using this when I go for the cheevo.

Valter 01-18-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madmanRAB (Post 4833524)
2) If you are close to Seriously 3.0 DO NOT re-up until you get your achievement. When you re-up you will lose your Level 100 status and will have to earn your rank again before the game gives you your achievement. Thats very bad programming on Epics behalf so just be careful guys. All the best, madmanRAB

Rod Fagison's idea no doubt.

papoose 01-18-2012 09:22 PM

Not a very good guide imo, you really coulda saved yourself 40 minutes and just said "boost for the hard ones since i don't know a good strategy"

madmanRAB 01-18-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papoose (Post 4834638)
Not a very good guide imo, you really coulda saved yourself 40 minutes and just said "boost for the hard ones since i don't know a good strategy"

Your entitled to your opinion, i respect that. I disagree though saying i dont know good strategy. For most people they are only missing like 6 or 7 ribbons (like no smoking, special delivery etc) so i made a video for them. For the ribbons in general i point people in the right direction of gametype, campaign chapter, wave of beast etc. I know this will help a fair few people (i see no other combat ribbon guide on youtube?). If this hasnt helped you i'm afraid thats too bad, not everyone knows how to get all the ribbons like yourself. All the best, madmanRAB

Robbo1991 01-18-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazerz1990 (Post 4834495)
Thanks for the guide, I multitasked through the whole video pausing and then doing them and then returning back to the video. Very enlightened on how to do the 13 I have left to do now.
Although being able to do them is a different story, attempting to find and swollow a grenade before being shot to death with a wild ticker isn't the easiest task to do! :(

easiest way to do that is to preferably do it with 3 of you one person gets to unlock the grenadier then as he's throwing the grenade (pressing LT) you can go up next to him and press X then just get the other two to distract the COG and kill the ones on a turret because there stood still and cant jump out the way, thats how i did it :)

papoose 01-19-2012 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madmanRAB (Post 4834714)
Your entitled to your opinion, i respect that. I disagree though saying i dont know good strategy. For most people they are only missing like 6 or 7 ribbons (like no smoking, special delivery etc) so i made a video for them. For the ribbons in general i point people in the right direction of gametype, campaign chapter, wave of beast etc. I know this will help a fair few people (i see no other combat ribbon guide on youtube?). If this hasnt helped you i'm afraid thats too bad, not everyone knows how to get all the ribbons like yourself. All the best, madmanRAB

No i don't know the best strategies to get all the ribbons (reason i looked at this thread) i just dislike it when so called guides use the boosting method as a crutch when they lack a real strategy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robbo1991 (Post 4834777)
easiest way to do that is to preferably do it with 3 of you one person gets to unlock the grenadier then as he's throwing the grenade (pressing LT) you can go up next to him and press X then just get the other two to distract the COG and kill the ones on a turret because there stood still and cant jump out the way, thats how i did it :)

I disagree, having someone just plant a nade for you is much easier. For me i used a second controller and leveled the guest up till he could use the grenadier and planted a frag, then i went on my main and gobbled it up with the wild ticker then sat next to a regular cog.

darkside2699 01-19-2012 05:26 AM

Good guide. Thanks.

KashThePriest 01-19-2012 04:08 PM

I didn't need to use this guide as all I'm missing is the kantus revive ribbon, but I still have to say great job!

I have used your guides for the previous dlcs and I feel like I don't say thanks enough. You're guides are great and keep up the good work brother :)

madmanRAB 01-19-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papoose (Post 4835352)
i just dislike it when so called guides use the boosting method as a crutch when they lack a real strategy.

I understand your point entirely but in all fairness, without boosting, how can i give you a reliable strategy to do something when you are 100% relying on an enemy to for example, stand next to the grenade they planted to kill them ?

I got my level 100, played about 600 matches, and then i got that legit.. bit of a long time to get a single ribbon without boosting ? Thats the only reason i tell people to boost them.. to save you lots of time :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by KashThePriest (Post 4836187)
I didn't need to use this guide as all I'm missing is the kantus revive ribbon, but I still have to say great job!

I have used your guides for the previous dlcs and I feel like I don't say thanks enough. You're guides are great and keep up the good work brother :)

Thank you, I dont expect people to watch all the ribbon guide but just skip to the part they need lol ;) I appreciate you using all my guides i'm glad you find them useful. I will of course have a DLC4 guide when its out :p and theres more things on my channel if your interested. All the best, madmanRAB

TK Chillin 01-20-2012 12:03 AM

I would add that one Kantus ribbon is for Healing 4 teammates at once. The other is for Reviving 3 teammates. Not the same thing. The first one, your teammate is just damaged the other your teammate is dead.

Good job on the Guides, I have used several.

madmanRAB 01-20-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TK Chillin (Post 4837093)
I would add that one Kantus ribbon is for Healing 4 teammates at once. The other is for Reviving 3 teammates. Not the same thing. The first one, your teammate is just damaged the other your teammate is dead.

Good job on the Guides, I have used several.

Regarding the kantus ones i dont know how i overlooked the actual description of revive, heal :eek: when i got those ribbons however, i done the same thing for both to get them.. I got 4 friends down and revived them (even though it says heal ie damaged not down) i still got the ribbon. then next round i got a friend not spawn, got the other 3 down and revived them for the other ribbon :woop:

darthgriever 02-04-2012 07:54 AM

can some one give me some hints on how to get the super it is 1 of 3 i am missing the other 2 are easy i just dont like playing with others

Akanea 02-06-2012 09:33 PM

So Close
 
No matter how many times I try, I can't get the So Close ribbon lol I've tried using 2 controllers and it just won't unlock. What am I doing wrong? I wait until right as the crouch + Tap A disappears and fire and I still can't get it. Hmm.

XoNiNjAlEoNoX 02-09-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akanea (Post 4871933)
No matter how many times I try, I can't get the So Close ribbon lol I've tried using 2 controllers and it just won't unlock. What am I doing wrong? I wait until right as the crouch + Tap A disappears and fire and I still can't get it. Hmm.

have you been in a match full of bots?

ChiefBurner_3_SE 02-23-2012 09:27 AM

I'm at 17 out of 65 onyx medals and I'm at level 77. Did you think I should re-up whenever I reach level 100?

jak d ripr 02-23-2012 05:20 PM

lol, yea ill pass on getting all these achievements, some of these things are just ludicrous. But I guess at this point its to expected from epic.

GonePostal77 02-28-2012 06:00 PM

Thanks for the Ribbon Guide. Some of these had been driving me up the wall.

Omni CEO 03-29-2012 05:56 PM

Thanks again for the guide op : )

just helped me to get the last 4 ribbons for the "I've done it all" cheevo.

Now i can get back to 3.0

15 more onyx's to go.

PenderPowguin 03-31-2012 04:28 AM

Yeah, I'm having difficulty aquiring my final ribbon, Dewormer. I understand the concept, and have even found the perfect spot via campaign to get it (Ch1 Act3). However, the game isn't recognizing my mad skills and is denying the pleasure of the 75GS achievement. I have killed as many as 7 headsnakes without a single ribbon to show for it.

Worse yet, tonight on Horde, I actually killed 4 headsnakes in one round and once again, I am without the ribbon and achievement.

My initial though... I'm glitched in some shape or form.

Any thoughts of how to remedy my little dilemma?

AlphaHirogen 04-04-2012 12:29 PM

Thanks MadmanRab great Guide only one left is Team Savior on Beast Trying to get party together

Nightjar 04-17-2012 06:29 PM

I finally got all the ribbons but the chevo did not pop???

Cancel that, I just played again and it popped.... weird


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.