XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Batman: Arkham City (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1570)
-   -   Calander Man (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=354149)

count23 01-25-2012 08:56 AM

Calander Man

I want to get Calander Man but I also want to get it online (and not wait until the next available date!!) I saw on X360a i think, instructions on how to pull this off. Does anyone remember where they were? something about signing into XBL just as you talk to Cman on the last date in question or something?

Qonok 01-25-2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by count23 (Post 4847945)
I want to get Calander Man but I also want to get it online (and not wait until the next available date!!) I saw on X360a i think, instructions on how to pull this off. Does anyone remember where they were? something about signing into XBL just as you talk to Cman on the last date in question or something?

Only way to get a date stamp is to do it online. From what I read you need to go offline and change all of the dates to get them except the next actual holiday that is needed. Which right now would be Valentines day, Feb 14. On that day do it online and you will get a date stamp for the achievement.

It's less than 3 weeks away so isn't too bad.

bigskinner 01-25-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qonok (Post 4848003)
Only way to get a date stamp is to do it online. From what I read you need to go offline and change all of the dates to get them except the next actual holiday that is needed. Which right now would be Valentines day, Feb 14. On that day do it online and you will get a date stamp for the achievement.

It's less than 3 weeks away so isn't too bad.

thanks for the tip that is a very good way to do it, think i might set this up later, ready for valentines day, thanks for the post!!

The Pants Party 01-25-2012 12:33 PM

All you have to do is hit the guide button directly after talking to him for the last time and then connect to XBL. It will unlock during his speech and you'll have a time stamp. But, it won't be on one of the holidays if you care about that specifically.

SpyTip 01-25-2012 03:00 PM

Im sorry but why are ppl making such a big deal over a time stamp for something worth only 10G and u have to wait an entire yr to do it?Get the shit offline move on

bigskinner 01-25-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyTip (Post 4848350)
Im sorry but why are ppl making such a big deal over a time stamp for something worth only 10G and u have to wait an entire yr to do it?Get the shit offline move on

i agree fuck the timestamp and move on lol

Preykousis 02-02-2012 09:31 PM

How would you do this on the GFWL version?

DarthSoth 02-03-2012 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyTip (Post 4848350)

Yeah I don't understand the significance of an online time stamp myself. It's not like anyone has a 100% reliable Internet connection anyway. And I sure as hell am not going to stop playing a game if I loose my connection in the middle of a game.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that anyone who has calendar man before Halloween 2012 obviously duped it.

oozero 02-03-2012 02:11 AM

kind of off topic but If you are working on Perfect Knight you need to be doing calendar man on both new game and new game + right?

If this is true then I hope everyone thats trying to do this legit has been doing it this way.

DarthSoth 02-03-2012 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oozero (Post 4864468)
kind of off topic but If you are working on Perfect Knight you need to be doing calendar man on both new game and new game + right?

If this is true then I hope everyone thats trying to do this legit has been doing it this way.

Well son of a bitch. I just checked up on that and you do need to do all the side missions 2x including calendar man. Fuck it. I will never get all golds on the riddler's revenge combat levels so I won't be getting perfect knight as it is. Good to know though.

STOMACHofSTEEL 02-03-2012 10:44 AM

Why should you need to do Calender Man twice? Talking to Calender Man is just needed for the Storyteller achievement. He is NOT the subject of a side mission.

cjdavies 02-03-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthSoth (Post 4864528)
Well son of a bitch. I just checked up on that and you do need to do all the side missions 2x including calendar man. Fuck it. I will never get all golds on the riddler's revenge combat levels so I won't be getting perfect knight as it is. Good to know though.

Calender Man is not a side mission, but like you I won't be able to get Gold either, struggling to complete Extreme.

Just curious what does it matter with a timestamp anyway as long as you have the achievement? I will be getting this offline now simply because I'm finished with the game and want to trade it in.

DarthSoth 02-03-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjdavies (Post 4865115)
Calender Man is not a side mission, but like you I won't be able to get Gold either, struggling to complete Extreme.

Just curious what does it matter with a timestamp anyway as long as you have the achievement? I will be getting this offline now simply because I'm finished with the game and want to trade it in.

I really don't know. Maybe some people think that if you have an achievement offline without the time stamp then MS might think you got it with a modded console? For online [multiplayer] achievements then yeah something like that would be the case but for SP achievements then I really don't think it matters too much.

cjdavies 02-03-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthSoth (Post 4865619)
I really don't know. Maybe some people think that if you have an achievement offline without the time stamp then MS might think you got it with a modded console? For online [multiplayer] achievements then yeah something like that would be the case but for SP achievements then I really don't think it matters too much.

I know there are loads of achievements I have got for SP and I haven't bothered to connect to Live.

jung4ever 02-05-2012 05:27 PM

This may be a dumb question, but how can I sign in to my profile offline? Ever since the new dashboard, when I sign in I automatically get connected to xbl. I have two other profiles on my xbox (who do not have xbl accts). When I start Arkham City without signing in-I have no game save data and wouldnt get the achievement for my profile anyway so...? I'm stumped here! I've tried signing in automatically on start up-NOT signing in automatically on start up, but I cant figure this out! Any help would be appreciated. -Also, the only time I'm not on xbl is when I lose my connection. Whenever I go back to the dashboard, it automatically signs me back in! wtf? (and I dont keep my settings to auto-sign in)

edit: okay. is the ONLY way to disconnect from the network in "settings"? (facepalm) ...I feel like this was different with the old dashboard.

HTX9 02-05-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jung4ever (Post 4869302)
This may be a dumb question, but how can I sign in to my profile offline? Ever since the new dashboard, when I sign in I automatically get connected to xbl. I have two other profiles on my xbox (who do not have xbl accts). When I start Arkham City without signing in-I have no game save data and wouldnt get the achievement for my profile anyway so...? I'm stumped here! I've tried signing in automatically on start up-NOT signing in automatically on start up, but I cant figure this out! Any help would be appreciated. -Also, the only time I'm not on xbl is when I lose my connection. Whenever I go back to the dashboard, it automatically signs me back in! wtf? (and I dont keep my settings to auto-sign in)

edit: okay. is the ONLY way to disconnect from the network in "settings"? (facepalm) ...I feel like this was different with the old dashboard.

Or just unplug your ethernet cord and you can play offline.

herms429 02-05-2012 06:04 PM

Yeah just unplug your xbox from the internet and change the date to one of the holidays required.

oozero 02-14-2012 05:22 PM

For those of you doing this legit - don't forget today is V-day so go talk to that serial killer!!!

k3nny 02-17-2012 05:19 AM

to late im afraid

cjdavies 02-17-2012 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oozero (Post 4889944)
For those of you doing this legit - don't forget today is V-day so go talk to that serial killer!!!

Done, next is St Patricks's Day - can't remember the exact date though right now.

STOMACHofSTEEL 02-17-2012 01:26 PM

March 17th

DarthSoth 02-17-2012 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjdavies (Post 4895812)
Done, next is St Patricks's Day - can't remember the exact date though right now.

The dates are all marked on the calendar next to Calendar Man's cell. That is also where they get marked off after you've visited on the date so you know what you have left.

OneWingMasamune 02-21-2012 01:00 PM

I was planning to do this, but I forgot on valentines day and now I just can't be bothered ^^; I've got an awful memory and I imagine I would keep forgetting each time.

Tha Mantis 02-21-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneWingMasamune (Post 4903900)
I was planning to do this, but I forgot on valentines day and now I just can't be bothered ^^; I've got an awful memory and I imagine I would keep forgetting each time.

Just do it offline. It's much quicker.

DragonsGoMOO 02-21-2012 04:14 PM

It's not hard to set a reminder on your cellphone, iTouch, iPad, or even write a post-it note and put it somewhere you will see everyday.
If someone is making a big fuss over a day, then it's probably time to ditch that person and play Batman.

SpyTip 02-22-2012 01:39 PM

If the points was worth 100G or 50G even id say worth doing online. But here it is u have to wait an entire yr for 10G lame pts just to get a time stamp and if u miss a day u screwed yourself? Do it offline move on. Game already traded for ME3

mikeymud 03-05-2012 10:36 PM

I only started Arkham City about a week ago, so have yet to visit Calendar Man on a holiday date. I'm going to try to get this "legitimately" and visit him on the holidays. However, I can't guarantee that I'll be near my Xbox around the major holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's). I was considering the offline method, however my savegame is in the Cloud - guess this won't be possible unless I move the game over to my hard drive, right?

Joel78 03-06-2012 12:47 AM

Correct....

Dawgmuffin 03-06-2012 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeymud (Post 4931099)
I only started Arkham City about a week ago, so have yet to visit Calendar Man on a holiday date. I'm going to try to get this "legitimately" and visit him on the holidays. However, I can't guarantee that I'll be near my Xbox around the major holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's). I was considering the offline method, however my savegame is in the Cloud - guess this won't be possible unless I move the game over to my hard drive, right?

Using cloud storage still keeps the saves on your hard drive, it just syncs with the actual cloud every once in a while (I think just when you turn the console off), but it's still under "Cloud Storage" or whatever they call it, on the storage options. So you should still be able to use cloud storage offline. If for whatever reason that doesn't work, you can move or copy your save to any other storage device.

mikeymud 03-06-2012 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawgmuffin (Post 4931350)
Using cloud storage still keeps the saves on your hard drive, it just syncs with the actual cloud every once in a while (I think just when you turn the console off), but it's still under "Cloud Storage" or whatever they call it, on the storage options. So you should still be able to use cloud storage offline. If for whatever reason that doesn't work, you can move or copy your save to any other storage device.

Interesting. I might try it later - if I can still access my save without the ethernet cable, it could possibly work.

Thanks