XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   UFC Undisputed 3 (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2275)
-   -   Best Methods & Techniques For Maximising A Created Fighters Attributes In Career Mode (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=357389)

Tactical Tom 02-16-2012 08:21 AM

Best Methods & Techniques For Maximising A Created Fighters Attributes In Career Mode
 
Best Methods & Techniques For Maximising A Created Fighters Attributes In Career Mode

I thought it would be useful to create a Thread where Players could share their knowledge of Methods & Techniques of how to Create the very best Fighter possible in UFC Undisputed 3's Career Mode.

Please post your thoughts on this subject below:

i fist brown i 02-16-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tactical Tom (Post 4893663)
Best Methods & Techniques For Maximising A Created Fighters Attributes In Career Mode

I thought it would be useful to create a Thread where Players could share their knowledge of Methods & Techniques of how to Create the very best Fighter possible in UFC Undisputed 3's Career Mode.

Please post your thoughts on this subject below:

I wanna knw if you can spam booster packs to get all 100s.
Or at least use booster pack on a fight and then rum through career and top off the stats, but that seems to be an answer nobody knows.

Mr Magic 02-16-2012 04:57 PM

Best Tactic: Put the difficulty on easy.

Vulx 02-16-2012 06:02 PM

Do the Training Sessions manually... if you don't get 4 stars exit out of the game mode then reload and try again.

Only tip I've got so far.

I King Pin 0 02-17-2012 06:44 AM

Can you stockpile points to spend on your CAF and use them right before your very last fight so your stats don't degrade like you could in previous games?

bryson 06 02-17-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I King Pin 0 (Post 4895776)
Can you stockpile points to spend on your CAF and use them right before your very last fight so your stats don't degrade like you could in previous games?



Stats dont degrade in this game.

i fist brown i 02-17-2012 07:13 PM

Answer for booster pack,

You get 2400 attributes, 8800 skill, 14000 technique

I King Pin 0 02-17-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryson 06 (Post 4896538)
Stats dont degrade in this game.

Oh great! That's a relief, haven't started my career mode yet.

DJ SMILEY 02-17-2012 08:58 PM

i just finished career last night i did it on easy i did auto on all training games only got 1 move from fight camps and never did game plan and i finish with a 89 overall rating strength was 92 speed was 89 cardio was 89 all techniques like standing striking,kick striking,ground transitions and submissions were high 80s the lowest out of all was a 77 and i ran through it very fast!!!!! I hope this helps for any one that wants to go through it fast and have a decent guy. Stats dont degrade but they will go down if you dont do good on training games thats why i autoed all most all of them but if u dont do good dashboard or just reload save point to redo.

I King Pin 0 02-17-2012 09:09 PM

Are there any skill modifiers that allow you to earn more points by fighting on a higher difficulty level? If so, are they worth it?

nightwing187 02-17-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Magic (Post 4894254)
Best Tactic: Put the difficulty on easy.

That's what I did went 48-0 with an overall 75 CAF. Then beat him on expert to get another achievement.:woop: Just throwing it out there to help others. That's if they want the easy way.

crow74 02-18-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightwing187 (Post 4897205)
That's what I did went 48-0 with an overall 75 CAF. Then beat him on expert to get another achievement.:woop: Just throwing it out there to help others. That's if they want the easy way.

You get less points for doing it on easy, ive only just entered the UFC from stepping up from WFA and already a level 78 with all wins no loss's on advanced mode.
So if its points/xp your after then doing it on a harder setting is the best option.:woop:

Tactical Tom 02-19-2012 11:17 AM

Is it just me or are most of the 14 Training Games almost impossible to get to 4 Stars on?

It's really frustrating, especially the Tyre Flip Training!

Do most people just select Auto for the Training Games?

Zorravin 02-19-2012 02:21 PM

I have completed the career twice in two different divisions to try to get the best results (I'm working on my third one now). My first career char finished 91 overall, but I used a boost pack and raised him to 94, with a lot of the things at 100. My second career fighter finished at 94 overall and after the caf boost, got up to 105 overall!

I am working on a third one now, I hope to have this one maxed out on all offensive areas, and most defensive areas at 90 or so.

My tips:

- Play on Beginner (why not)

- Do the heavy bag striking (first mini game) on second action to keep speed up

- Some easier mini games to help max out most areas:
Heavy Bag Striking (Huge speed, footwork, and standing punches/kicks)
Clinch Spar (take downs, grappling, clinch striking, clinch grappling, hurts ground and pound)
Ground and Pound (takedowns, top grappling, ground and pound, doesn't hurt clinch) Try and do this one after you max clinch areas.
Tire Flipping - Get good at this, it takes a little practice, but the big strength bonuses are worth it. To help get the four stars, go for the closest one near to you. (Huge strength, cardio, takedowns, grappling) I use this mainly when I need to increase my strength.

- Try to make sure you're never being capped by the stats, focus more on those than the attributes, you can always increase those later, but if you run into a wall trying to build up that 300k credit for the last stat boost, it wastes time and stats.

- Do not get any techniques (trust me, the 14k the boost pack gives is more than enough to make a very diverse fighter)

- GET THE BOOST PACK!!!! *You can only use it after you either complete career or retire* It's only 240 points, too.

So basically, what I do is work on two areas at once; I spend most of the career trying to get the striking up to 100, it takes a while because it only goes up by 1 after about 83 or so. Clinch is a little more easier as it keeps going up by 2 until about 95. I am still working on finding a mini game for bottom clinch grappling, the most obvious one takes a lot of the other stats down.

Sorry if this looks like a mess, I've been up all night and thought I would share some of this stuff I've picked up.

nightwing187 02-19-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crow74 (Post 4898106)
You get less points for doing it on easy, ive only just entered the UFC from stepping up from WFA and already a level 78 with all wins no loss's on advanced mode.
So if its points/xp your after then doing it on a harder setting is the best option.:woop:

I wasn't really going for xp/points/creds I just wanted to finish career mode fast. I didn't even plan on making my CAF really strong.

Tactical Tom 02-19-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorravin (Post 4900030)
I have completed the career twice in two different divisions to try to get the best results (I'm working on my third one now). My first career char finished 91 overall, but I used a boost pack and raised him to 94, with a lot of the things at 100. My second career fighter finished at 94 overall and after the caf boost, got up to 105 overall!

I am working on a third one now, I hope to have this one maxed out on all offensive areas, and most defensive areas at 90 or so.

My tips:

- Play on Beginner (why not)

- Do the heavy bag striking (first mini game) on second action to keep speed up

- Some easier mini games to help max out most areas:
Heavy Bag Striking (Huge speed, footwork, and standing punches/kicks)
Clinch Spar (take downs, grappling, clinch striking, clinch grappling, hurts ground and pound)
Ground and Pound (takedowns, top grappling, ground and pound, doesn't hurt clinch) Try and do this one after you max clinch areas.
Tire Flipping - Get good at this, it takes a little practice, but the big strength bonuses are worth it. To help get the four stars, go for the closest one near to you. (Huge strength, cardio, takedowns, grappling) I use this mainly when I need to increase my strength.

- Try to make sure you're never being capped by the stats, focus more on those than the attributes, you can always increase those later, but if you run into a wall trying to build up that 300k credit for the last stat boost, it wastes time and stats.

- Do not get any techniques (trust me, the 14k the boost pack gives is more than enough to make a very diverse fighter)

- GET THE BOOST PACK!!!! *You can only use it after you either complete career or retire* It's only 240 points, too.

So basically, what I do is work on two areas at once; I spend most of the career trying to get the striking up to 100, it takes a while because it only goes up by 1 after about 83 or so. Clinch is a little more easier as it keeps going up by 2 until about 95. I am still working on finding a mini game for bottom clinch grappling, the most obvious one takes a lot of the other stats down.

Sorry if this looks like a mess, I've been up all night and thought I would share some of this stuff I've picked up.

Thanks for Posting, I'm sure a lot of people will appreciate the time & effort you've put into helping everyone make a better Created Fighter.

I have a couple of questions, when you said do not get any techniques did you mean the Learning & Upgrading New Moves Section?

It's just that in UFC 2010 I upgraded a few moves to Level 3 proficiency and they were extremely effective. I remember Mike Goldberg saying in the Career Mode Tutorial in this Years Game that "Learning & Leveling Up new moves makes them faster and more powerful, so Upgrade the moves you use most often to Level 3 to improve your fighters effectiveness".

Therefore during my Fighters Career I was planning on levelling up common moves like the Right & Left Hooks to make each of them 3 times more effective.

Also, what do you think about using the "Game Plan" option? Did you use it regularly or did the Attribute degradation in certain areas put you off?

Any further help would be much appreciated.

:)

Ypuh 02-19-2012 09:53 PM

What will be the maximum overall rating? And do the skills you learn in camp also count towards the overall rating?

Zorravin 02-19-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tactical Tom (Post 4900650)
Thanks for Posting, I'm sure a lot of people will appreciate the time & effort you've put into helping everyone make a better Created Fighter.

I have a couple of questions, when you said do not get any techniques did you mean the Learning & Upgrading New Moves Section?

It's just that in UFC 2010 I upgraded a few moves to Level 3 proficiency and they were extremely effective. I remember Mike Goldberg saying in the Career Mode Tutorial in this Years Game that "Learning & Leveling Up new moves makes them faster and more powerful, so Upgrade the moves you use most often to Level 3 to improve your fighters effectiveness".

Therefore during my Fighters Career I was planning on levelling up common moves like the Right & Left Hooks to make each of them 3 times more effective.

Also, what do you think about using the "Game Plan" option? Did you use it regularly or did the Attribute degradation in certain areas put you off?

Any further help would be much appreciated.

:)

Yeah I was referring to leveling up moves and stuff. Now this is assuming you get the caf boost pack after career, but you get 14000 technique points, every move you level to level 3 costs only 300 points, this gives you about 45 moves you can raise to level 3. My caf, for example, has every a very diverse range of attacks in his arsenal, I can reverse to side control in every position pretty much in the game, on the feet I have a wide arrange of attacks, and in the clinch I have some effective attacks.

In the career mode, I play on beginner so I don't really need to have anything leveled up, I just go out there and spam hooks to the head until the cpu is knocked out.

For your second question, I never used the game plan mechanic seeing how I never really needed it on beginner.

One thing I should of said about the cafs I make, I make them geared towards online play, having the best fighter I can. If you just want to complete career, all this isn't really necessary.

Ypuh 02-19-2012 10:47 PM

Can you only use the technique points to learn skill moves? Or can you also use them to maximize your strength, takedown offense, punch defense etc?

This will be extremely useful in online play, if you can use an 105 overall rated CAF against the regular guys, including the moves you like instead of the pre-assigned moves.

Zorravin 02-20-2012 12:39 AM

Well, the boost pack gives points in three different areas: attributes (strength, speed, cardio, footwork), skill points (standing strikes, grappling, etc), and technique (different moves and such). You can't use the different points in different areas unfortunately.

And yeah that's what I've been doing, I've been destroying people in online play with my 105 and 96 overall. So far my third career is looking even brighter than my 105 overall, I hope to max everything with this play through.

Tactical Tom 02-20-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorravin (Post 4900807)
Yeah I was referring to leveling up moves and stuff. Now this is assuming you get the caf boost pack after career, but you get 14000 technique points, every move you level to level 3 costs only 300 points, this gives you about 45 moves you can raise to level 3. My caf, for example, has every a very diverse range of attacks in his arsenal, I can reverse to side control in every position pretty much in the game, on the feet I have a wide arrange of attacks, and in the clinch I have some effective attacks.

In the career mode, I play on beginner so I don't really need to have anything leveled up, I just go out there and spam hooks to the head until the cpu is knocked out.

For your second question, I never used the game plan mechanic seeing how I never really needed it on beginner.

One thing I should of said about the cafs I make, I make them geared towards online play, having the best fighter I can. If you just want to complete career, all this isn't really necessary.

Thanks for all your help. :)

josephsmeadows 02-25-2013 11:53 AM

Hi

It difficult to get 4star, reload and try again.

Thank you
job descriptions

iHappySlapped 07-10-2013 10:42 AM

Was the booster pack spam thing ever confirmed to work?

Pmoney2184 09-28-2013 05:20 PM

So after playing on beginner and restarting if I didn't get 4 stars on a training session AND playing career mode over 10 times, here are my tips and tricks:

Training sessions:
Tire Flip, Heavy Bag, Transition, Stand Up, Ground & Pound, Clinch, Take down, Ground Top, Ground Bottom & Submission are all VERY important sessions if you want your fighter to be well rounded. What's the point of having 90's for striking if you play the computer on advanced or expert and get tapped out in the first round because you didn't at least get your bottom grappling or submission defense in the 70's?!... Honestly!

Technique:
Your fighter can have crazier stats/ratings than Bones or The Spider but if you don't have a well rounded arsenal of technique strikes, take downs, ground & pound strikes and different escapes/transitions or submissions from the bottom, then you might as well always play the CPU on beginner because once you play the harder difficulty settings you will absolutely get stomped even if you have a 105 rated CAF.

I've found the perfect balance to be about 20-25 different techniques. This will still allow you to still have a 92-93 rated CAF that can hold his own against the harder CPU difficulty settings. I can't stress enough how important it is to learn escape techniques from the bottom to which the best ones are located in Black House, Wolfslair & Sidyodtong. Literally the first thing I do after starting a new CAF is make sure I get his bottom grappling to 70 and fast so that I can learn the different bottom escape techniques from those camps for multiple bottom situations.

Once I've got those taken care of I move on to learning striking/takedown/ground n pound techniques from the different camps that I know I WON'T be attending once I've finished my 15th fight and have to choose my main camp.

Also just for fun here are some of my favorite & effective camp techniques:

AKA:
Santos's straight
Forest's front kick
Side kick
Rolling Sabat
Single collar tie uppercut
Pummel to double underhooks
Side slam to side control (single leg against cage)

ATT:
Over hook
Brazilian head kick
Transition to side control, top
BOTH transitions to mount, top
Elbow strike, bottom guard
Transition to double leg takedown
Sweep transition to open guard

Black House:
Lyotos straight
Lyotos head kick
Karate back kick
Shoguns stepping hook
Lyotos stepping straight
Judo Osoto Gari to side control
Strong Muay Thai whip
Any ground n pound elbow
Any sweeps from a bottom position

Wolfslair:
Chuck's straight
Ducking uppercut
Napao's head kick
Lunging left/right hook to body
Suplex to side control
Double chop
Strike catch to armbar from bottom
Any transition from bottom

Sidyodtong:
Jones backfist
Hendo's straight (love the H-bomb)
Back spinning heel hook
Chopping hook
Pummel to Muay Thai clinch
Judo Ahsi Barai to half guard
Any transition from bottom

Greg Jacksons:
Quick superman punch (camp loyalty)
GSP's head kick (camp loyalty)
Karate back kick
Karate spin kick
Jumping double leg take down
Armlock throw to side control
Any transition from bottom

Hope this helps someone!


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.