XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Soul Calibur V (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2232)
-   -   The absolute fastest way to Lvl 99 (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=357649)

BThumme 02-17-2012 11:11 PM

The absolute fastest way to Lvl 99
 
Quick battle, search for c5 Siegfried name Ozanius

Pick nightmare

Go all the way left, Ozanius will chase you. Press b+g and you'll throw him out. He never blocks the grab, and nightmare has a long reach. One you get in a groove you will be on fire.
Average ring out is with :55 left. That's about 140 xp/ 30 seconds. No way you can beat this.

No complicated combos here.

EDIT: I've beaten him 63 times in one hour. 138 point/ win. That's 8694 xp/hr.

B3nJam1n89 02-18-2012 01:12 PM

Thank you very much for the tip :)

Mr Shabba Dabba 02-18-2012 01:21 PM

Gonna try this later, thanks for the tip!

TealPavelski 02-22-2012 06:37 PM

This works every time. I rented the game from RedBox, so I plan to only have the game a few days. Anyone know how much XP is needed for a lvl 99?

Delmaru 02-22-2012 08:41 PM

It's quite a lot. I can't remember the exact number though. You're going to need the game longer than a few days to get all the achievements though.

E10phoenix 02-22-2012 08:49 PM

nice tip, ill give this a try later on!

TealPavelski 02-23-2012 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delmaru (Post 4906767)
...You're going to need the game longer than a few days to get all the achievements though.

Ya. I wasn't really planning to get all the Achievements, just the easier ones. I might keep the game an extra day to get the lvl. 50 and 99 Achievements.

PAC0 IS ME 03-03-2012 04:51 AM

if i decide to back out after killing him, can i still vs him again by searching for him?

Spanish Assault 03-03-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BThumme (Post 4897288)
Quick battle, search for c5 Siegfried name Ozanius

Pick nightmare

Go all the way left, Ozanius will chase you. Press b+g and you'll throw him out. He never blocks the grab, and nightmare has a long reach. One you get in a groove you will be on fire.
Average ring out is with :55 left. That's about 140 xp/ 30 seconds. No way you can beat this.

No complicated combos here.

EDIT: I've beaten him 63 times in one hour. 138 point/ win. That's 8694 xp/hr.

nice job fellow Michigander....I'll have to try this.

Filter x360a 03-12-2012 12:58 AM

Did this today. Started out @ 60 and after about 8 hrs (off and on) I'm at 84. That's enough for one day, but thanks for the tip. Definitely the fastest way to rank up.

supadryz 03-15-2012 10:14 PM

Ok have a few achievements left. Anyone tried a turbo pad for this? As you get points everytime you fight even if you do lose.

Use Raphael change a few buttons & the turbo pad will do the rest.

MrZombieChicken 03-19-2012 01:08 AM

To speedup your search look for intermediate opponents in the "other" area.

BThumme 03-19-2012 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAC0 IS ME (Post 4925928)
if i decide to back out after killing him, can i still vs him again by searching for him?

yes


i have to type at least 10 characters.

Never Final 03-19-2012 08:14 PM

If you have a fight stick with a turbo option. Just set your 'A' button to B (not the B button but the move type) in the control options.

Go to quick play. Choose Mitsurugi. Find a D level opponent. Tape your 'A' button down. Mitsurugi will slash down and then back up. Over and over and beats the AI pretty easily. When the current match is over it will auto select Rematch. Not sure how long it took but I did it for 2 nights starting at level 1. At level 99 I had won about 1000 fights on Mitsurugi. Probably didnt take that long though.

If you do it over 2 nights. One night find a male opponent and the next find a female opponent to get those achievements along the way.

Sprites7 03-20-2012 08:45 AM

Or , if you have turbo , map your B attack to button A , pick Raphael , and choose arcade /easy difficulty. He takes ~4 minutes to finish it.

Aluminum Cook 03-28-2012 04:58 PM

Hmm... I have just been playing through arcade on easy mode. I think it takes me about 5 mins total (fight time is right about 4 minutes and loading screens take the rest of the time) and nets around 800 pts. That translates to ~ 9600 pts per hour.

So if you can go fast (focus on quick ring outs), I think that the easy mode arcade is actually a better route to go.

Just my opinion though... your method does sound like a good alternative. Both methods would get kind of annoying / tedious, so pick your poison.

Lord Omega 04-17-2012 12:17 AM

Thanks man! It really works! Fastest way to LV99!

Kratos 1400 05-02-2012 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BThumme (Post 4897288)
Quick battle, search for c5 Siegfried name Ozanius

Pick nightmare

Go all the way left, Ozanius will chase you. Press b+g and you'll throw him out. He never blocks the grab, and nightmare has a long reach. One you get in a groove you will be on fire.
Average ring out is with :55 left. That's about 140 xp/ 30 seconds. No way you can beat this.

No complicated combos here.

EDIT: I've beaten him 63 times in one hour. 138 point/ win. That's 8694 xp/hr.

In using BThumme's strategy I have found a quicker way to get to lv 99. You still are searching for Ozanius but select Hilde as your character. When the match starts go all the way to the left until you are at the black line, then wait for Ozanius to catch up to you when he does press LT and you will roll him off the stage. I averaged 4 seconds a match, so thats 56 second remaining, and managed to beat him 100 times in one hour (138 points times 100 = 13,800 exp/hr ). Thank you BThumme for putting up this method otherwise I would have never thought of using this myself and I hope this information will help at least one person.

guillermo316 05-02-2012 11:28 PM

how does that happen/?

Kratos 1400 05-03-2012 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guillermo316 (Post 5047822)
how does that happen/?

I'm sorry, what are you referring to?

Thy Entertainer 05-03-2012 08:53 AM

cheers for the tip, wasn't looking forward to levelling up that far.

bentiancai 07-05-2012 03:27 AM

I will leave this achievement for my last one, does anyone know how many EXP roughly do u need to level up after LV50 ?

T4TTEDUP 07-06-2012 05:42 AM

Think imma give this a try im currently at level 63 so shouldn't take to long to get to 99 i hope.

Schdawn 07-26-2012 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KalscensioN (Post 4960935)
If you have a fight stick with a turbo option. Just set your 'A' button to B (not the B button but the move type) in the control options.

Go to quick play. Choose Mitsurugi. Find a D level opponent. Tape your 'A' button down. Mitsurugi will slash down and then back up. Over and over and beats the AI pretty easily. When the current match is over it will auto select Rematch. Not sure how long it took but I did it for 2 nights starting at level 1. At level 99 I had won about 1000 fights on Mitsurugi. Probably didnt take that long though.

If you do it over 2 nights. One night find a male opponent and the next find a female opponent to get those achievements along the way.

Sweet!

I need to try this.

PyreBall 08-16-2012 01:44 AM

Eh, I don't mind just going through arcade. Keeps me me sharp and it's kinda cool seeing my creations interact with SC characters.

Jakez123 11-26-2012 07:33 PM

Pretty sure you get less exp with you rematch constantly?

MarVell of Kree 12-13-2012 09:45 AM

or find "red right hand" sigfried. Just run towads him and slide tackle him of the edge. 4 second rounds.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.