XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1180)
-   -   Take a break from MW3? (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=360204)

Spade. 03-06-2012 09:58 PM

Take a break from MW3?

Anyone else stopped/taking a break from MW3 and began playing this again?

iBuzz7S 03-06-2012 10:26 PM

I did this last night after having a bit of a successful run with stopping MW3 and playing Black Ops. But I chose to continue the campaign, as I am yet to complete it on this profile.

Spanish Assault 03-07-2012 11:47 PM

I rebought this a month ago for $10. It's only fun when i play with a gorup of friends...otherwise it's unbearable.

Nitroglencerin 03-07-2012 11:50 PM

I just went and rebought the game because I had previously beaten it on PC. I'm going to have to force some friends into playing it in order to get the Spec Ops done.

Ice Car 03-08-2012 12:01 AM

Yes, and no. I took a break from MW3 to play MW1. I am so god damn depressed that I didn't start playing COD4 when it was first out, and when everyone was playing it...

Nitroglencerin 03-08-2012 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Car (Post 4935998)
Yes, and no. I took a break from MW3 to play MW1. I am so god damn depressed that I didn't start playing COD4 when it was first out, and when everyone was playing it...

Believe me, you didn't want to deal with the stress. If you think MW2 and 3 have bad MP, COD4 had leans... Horrible. Just horrible. I find it hilarious though, that fixing the problem meant taking out the leaning.

Spanish Assault 03-08-2012 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitroglencerin (Post 4936004)
Believe me, you didn't want to deal with the stress. If you think MW2 and 3 have bad MP, COD4 had leans... Horrible. Just horrible. I find it hilarious though, that fixing the problem meant taking out the leaning.

I don't know what you mean by lean, but COD was by far the best of them all.

Spade. 03-08-2012 02:42 AM

[QUOTE=Carmona25;4935966]I rebought this a month ago for $10. It's only fun when i play with a gorup of friends...otherwise it's unbearable.[/QUOTE]

Perfect case. this is the best COD with friends and the worst by yourself.

Nitroglencerin 03-08-2012 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carmona25 (Post 4936240)
I don't know what you mean by lean, but COD was by far the best of them all.

Corner leaning. People shooting out of the top of their heads around the corner without ever coming round it.

I played on PC, btw. Not sure you had that on 360.

Ice Car 03-08-2012 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitroglencerin (Post 4936580)
Corner leaning. People shooting out of the top of their heads around the corner without ever coming round it.

That's it? Something like this makes the game bad? It's a great game regardless. The maps are all pretty damn good, I don't particularly hate any of them besides Bloc, and there actually seems to be balance in this game. Tier 2 Perks are pretty much perfect and certain attachments removing Perk 1 makes sense.

Nitroglencerin 03-08-2012 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Car (Post 4936584)
That's it? Something like this makes the game bad? It's a great game regardless. The maps are all pretty damn good, I don't particularly hate any of them besides Bloc, and there actually seems to be balance in this game. Tier 2 Perks are pretty much perfect and certain attachments removing Perk 1 makes sense.

I like the maps in that game more than any of the rest, actually. Crossfire is my all-time favorite map and I think the single player storyline was the best thus far.

Just believe me, it was frustrating beyond belief. At least all the quickscopers, campers, boosters, and other various annoying players in MW2 and 3 are all actually kill-able, not behind a impenetrable corner. They've come a long way in making different walls not bulletproof, and making the game a lot more playable in that regard.

Spanish Assault 03-09-2012 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xWhitespade100x (Post 4936324)

I don't mind playing MW3 by myself, but I need my noob tubers in my group for MW2....it makes it easier for me to run and gun.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitroglencerin (Post 4936580)

I have issues with lag (getting shot when I run around a corner, but nothing like that on xbox 360)

Nitroglencerin 03-09-2012 08:52 AM

Yeah, this was an actual function of the game. Q and E for lean left and lean right. It was more realistic (besides the shooting out of the top of the head part) and I was surprised they took it out of MW2.

Spade. 03-12-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carmona25 (Post 4938176)
I don't mind playing MW3 by myself, but I need my noob tubers in my group for MW2....it makes it easier for me to run and gun.

Need noob tubers? Ouch. :p

Majica8 03-14-2012 02:38 AM

Jump on it sometimes if MW3 is pissing me off too much. It's pretty fun most the time cause everyone is either trying to quickscope (and failing) or running around with MLC, so I can hear them coming a mile off. It's almost too easy. I'm also trying to finish off some weapons, 8 headshots from getting the Tar-21 done :woop:

MC B0B x360a 03-14-2012 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xWhitespade100x (Post 4936324)

I couldnt have said it better myself. It is my most hated game when playing by myself and my favorite game with a squad of 6. Every once in a while I see a friend playing TDM by themselves. They must be a glutton for punishment.

Spanish Assault 03-14-2012 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MC B0B x360a (Post 4950924)
I couldnt have said it better myself. It is my most hated game when playing by myself and my favorite game with a squad of 6. Every once in a while I see a friend playing TDM by themselves. They must be a glutton for punishment.

Yes Rocker is an idiot....

Spade. 03-18-2012 02:00 PM

I just need one friend to communicate with and the game is a blast.

Spanish Assault 03-18-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xWhitespade100x (Post 4957954)
I just need one friend to communicate with and the game is a blast.

LOL....so true....last night I play with 5 other friends and we got into a match with a clan (RAPE) so we won...by a lot. All of the (RAPE) clan went negative. I asked them "did you guys just rape us?" and I heard a barrage of 12 year olds telling me to get out of their lobby...then they said the were going to equip nukes and rape us....again we won by a lot....then they all back out of the lobby. That is one of the few encounters with 12 year olds that was funny....but only cause I played with friends....otherwise it would of been horrible.

Spade. 03-18-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carmona25 (Post 4958042)
LOL....so true....last night I play with 5 other friends and we got into a match with a clan (RAPE) so we won...by a lot. All of the (RAPE) clan went negative. I asked them "did you guys just rape us?" and I heard a barrage of 12 year olds telling me to get out of their lobby...then they said the were going to equip nukes and rape us....again we won by a lot....then they all back out of the lobby. That is one of the few encounters with 12 year olds that was funny....but only cause I played with friends....otherwise it would of been horrible.

Was that a SnD lobby, because I swear SnD on MW2 has the most >12 years olds anywhere.

koopakiller64 03-20-2012 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carmona25 (Post 4958042)

Oh God, I'm still shaking on what they did to me... *shudders*. I mean three whole deaths. I've never felt so violated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xWhitespade100x (Post 4958476)
Was that a SnD lobby, because I swear SnD on MW2 has the most >12 years olds anywhere.

Nope, just regular TDM.

Veosoco 04-13-2012 12:22 PM

Im having a break and playing world at war, and from what I've seen over past 2 days or so is that its no longer hacked, apart from the occasional rainbow names, but not ran into anyone with god mode etc

mott1993 04-16-2012 07:28 PM

Started playing it again the other week

Think I'll have more fun playing it when my friends are back from uni as half of the people that were on my team(s) tonight were f***ing dimwits

Snoop QC 05-02-2012 06:27 PM

No! When I complete a COD game I never come back!