XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2433)
-   -   Is this game worth it? (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=366714)

Sarcasm 04-18-2012 02:53 PM

Is this game worth it?

The last Dragon Ball game I played was for the PS2, I believe it was Budokai 3.

I loved the game as well as the TV show. Vegeta is boss. Obviously.

I was just wondering about a few things:

1) Is the Campaign/Hero mode super repetitive and boring?

2) Is the Online Multiplayer good, and can I play against friends?

3) Is the Character Creation mode good (lots of options/not stupid looking)?

Cheers! Kamehameha, and whatnot!

MoshFish 04-20-2012 03:09 PM

I'm a huge Dragonball fan, in any of it's forms.

I'll answer in order:

1) As with any DB game, the campaign is just fighting. If you loved the plot of Dragonball Z/GT you'll enjoy this. The fights themselves are all very samey, but enjoyable.

2) The online multiplayer is, from my experiences, laggy as hell, and these days not very active at all. it is just standard fights (ranked or unranked) or a World Tournament mode. If you organise games with friends it is fine.

3) Short answer: no. Basically just picking a costume and hairstyle, as well as changing some colours. No matter what, your character will end up looking like someone that already exists, in a different pallet. Make of that what you will, but it was not enough for me.

MAST3R K3NOS285 05-04-2012 10:00 AM

As an avid Dragonball Z fan, and a employee at Gamestop, i can personally fill you in on this particular game.

1. We all know nothing will beat DBZ BT3 for the PS2, what does come close to it is Raging Blast 2 on the 360 and PS3

2. Comparing it to Raging Blast 2, i would suggest RB2. In ultimate TenkaichiThe story mode only lasts up until the buu saga, but thats beside the point. What i didnt like was i felt it regressed back to the original budokai series. At first it starts off in a 3D fighting aspect, but when you rush to your opponent, or using your ki energy to blast your opponent, you disappear behind your opponent and can easily strike them. The punching system is just the X button, you then the screen pauses and you can press either x or y and your opponent has to guess which button you press in order to counter it. Guess right and he can counter your attack. Guess wrong and he gets sent flying. The countering system is also a hassle in this game. Youre only allowed to counter after taking a lot of damage.

3. Dont get me started on the different blasts and ultimate finishers. you have a meter that you have to fill in order to use (for example the kamehameha), which isnt your ki meter.

I will suggest it has a create a character mode based of the new DBZ series going on in japan as well as a mode especially for your create a character.

This is just my opinion, everyone is entitled to one, and i hope you like it.

Sarcasm 06-02-2012 09:47 PM

I have to say that I did find Budokai 3 for the PS2 (if that is what you meant) better than this one. I did buy it. I am not thrilled but not really disappointed. It was an okay game. I'd give it between a 70 and an 80.

Your answers (yes, this is a late reply on my part) were pretty accurate too. Lol.

greedo911 10-27-2012 05:21 AM

I wish they had the roster used in #2. Choa-tzu, Yajirobi, and Master Roshi were my favorites. I'm old school.

Asturgis 09-04-2013 03:45 PM

I'm old school too. Tao Pai Pai forever, he scared the shit out of me when I was little. Guy was unbreakable.