XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Episode Pack: Part IV (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2607)
-   -   Achievement Guide and Road Map (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=367669)

TheLankyguy 04-25-2012 03:22 PM

Achievement Guide and Road Map
 
Overview:
-Estimated achievement difficulty: 2/10
-Offline: 6(165:gsicon:)
-Online: 0
-Approximate amount of time to 1000:gsicon:: 2 And 1/2 hours
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1
-Number of missable achievements: 0
-Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No
-Does difficulty affect achievements?: Yes
-Glitchy achievements: None
-Unobtainable achievements: None
-Extra equipment needed?: None

Introduction/ Review

After a month's wait, it's finally here. Following after one of the most bizarre endings to a videogame ever, players have been waiting for this epilogue pack to finally see how one of the most creative plotline wraps up. The question is, was this wait worth it?

With full confidence, yes. The last four episodes have some of the most imaginative fights this game has to offer. Some fights of the DLC are recycled from the original content, but this isn't a bad thing, for two reasons:
-These fights have been modified so they aren't completely the same as before
-There are few of these moments where data is recycled
What keeps this fresh and entertaining is that there are new gameplay features added as the story progresses, pushing Asura's wrath beyond its potential, leaving players wanting more. The four episodes consist of boss fights only (excluding one episode) and all of it will keep you hooked from the opening revelations, to the shocking heartbreaking conclusion.

My only complaint would be the story additions. The new villain is so quickly introduced and gives a rapid explanation of his backstory. But this is so quickly explained it's hard to feel whether this person is truly evil, what his ultimate purpose is or where he came from. Sadly these answers are never fully answered, leaving many questions (Not as many as the Mass effect 3 ending plotholes though). The twists in the story change our view on it all together, and you feel that this should've been included on the disk itself, rather than DLC. Also, there is a hint of a sequel, but its too ludicrous to believe if its either legit, or a joke.

Either way, its money well spent, and nicely wraps up this insane game. So now moving onto the achievements.It's not to hard to get the 6 Dlc achievements, as most of them are gained just by a playthrough on any difficulty, "Gaea's champion" is the only real challenge, and only if you haven't got a certain gauge. I'd recommend to start on normal and work your way through it, to get an understanding of what you're up against, then go through on hard for the "Gaea's champion" achievement. Or you could skip the hassle and start on hard from the get go, your choice. So, at long last, lets end the wrath.

TheLankyguy 04-25-2012 03:42 PM

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/ln/Qk/1I...fn5-sLdIo=.jpg Daddy's Angry-15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png
Defy the supreme being in Episode 19.

Story related and can't be missed.

Once you activate burst as Mantra Asura in the second part of episode 19, this achievement will unlock


http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/BY/zE/1Y...fn5-rrjBk=.jpg A Friend in Need 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png
Protect your brother-in-law in Episode 20.

Story related and can't be missed.

Once you activate burst as Yasha against the Gohma turtle in the second part of episode 20, this achievement will unlock


http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/-G/dm/0I...fn5-9JZ+A=.jpg How Do Ya Like Me Now? 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png
Receive a parting gift in Episode 21.

Story related and can't be missed.

Once Asuras chest opens (revealing the reactor) after the fight in the second part of episode 21, this achievement will unlock

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/b5/+G/0Y...fn5-6pn3M=.jpg Blaze of Glory 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png
Put an end to your wrath once and for all.

Story related and can't be missed.

Once you activate burst against Chakravartin's final form (Demonic-looking) in the second part of episode 22, this achievement will unlock


http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/2p/an/04...fn5-yIlsY=.jpg Nirvana 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png
Complete Part IV: Nirvana.

Story related and can't be missed.

This achievement will unlock in the result screen of episode 22, and will be the last story related achievement you unlock

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/xG/5R/1I...fn5-t+btg=.jpg Gaea's Champion 90 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png
Complete all episodes in Part IV with an S rank on Hard.As recommended in my previous guide, the best way to gain S ranks are with the obliterator gauge (see my other guide on details on how to unlock this gauge).This is much easier than the "Deity" achievement, and there are only four episodes to do to get this. That said, these episodes are still tricky, so go with caution. See "Deity" on my previous guide for more info on the best way to get S ranks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So that's it for Asuras wrath achievements (unless they release some for the street fighter crossover DLC's, which I highly doubt) So its been fun from start to end, and I hope something like this style of gameplay is made in the future. Till then, ciao!

DOPE BOI 04-26-2012 10:47 AM

I love this game. I rarely buy DLC, it has to be good and for a game I like. I wont just buy DLC for achievements or completion. With that said, the DLC started off with a bang already.

I do have a slight problem. I 1k'ed this about 2 months ago and have lost some mojo. I'm starting on hard and on the first episode (19) I'm having a hard time beating the boss faster than 4:30, everything else is a S but for time I'm getting a B.

Any tips to help me remember some strata to finish this boss quicker. I refuse to move on till I S rank this episode first that way the QTE parts are fresh on my mind. At this time I only played this twice and bout to go in for the 3rd run.

Edit: I got it.

Time 4:28 - A

Battle Points 3233 - S

Sync 99 - S

TheLankyguy 04-26-2012 05:11 PM

If you find that you haven't obtained a S rank, dont worry.

Sync is really just being alert at every cutscene, and being able to get excellents at near every occasion. So you should S this one easily

Time and points can be tricky, if you complete a chapter and at the results screen, hit Y and you will see how points are got and which ones give the most. The problem is if you rush too quickly, your battle points will be too low. And if you spend ages upping your points, your time will be too low.

My advice, obliterator gauge as you know will help out majorly. Since most of these are boss fights, what you are aiming for is to unleash as many heavy attacks as possible on the enemy, and to use special attacks alot (when the enemy is down and a Y prompt appears) Also once the burst is full, try some more heavy/ special attacks. And make sure you try to get all the boss counterattack sequences done too.

If you aim for an S in time and sync, and an A in points, you will get your S's in no time.

TheLankyguy 04-26-2012 05:16 PM

For time, just know your enemies attack patterns, as some can stop you from hitting them. Get in close at all times, and with the obliterator gauge, keep using heavy attacks to distrupt thier attacks. Pound them quick but not too quick that you could miss out on valuable points. Remember, even if burst is full, keep attacking a little more to boost your ratings.

Its a great DLC from start to end, so just go for it and have fun.

CrazyDoginOZ 04-27-2012 01:11 AM

So does anyone know if the streetfighter DLC is going to get released? Iam sought of thinking if its not out by now we prob wont get it.
But i would love to get the RYU fight.

DOPE BOI 04-27-2012 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLankyguy (Post 5037146)
If you find that you haven't obtained a S rank, dont worry.

Sync is really just being alert at every cutscene, and being able to get excellents at near every occasion. So you should S this one easily

Time and points can be tricky, if you complete a chapter and at the results screen, hit Y and you will see how points are got and which ones give the most. The problem is if you rush too quickly, your battle points will be too low. And if you spend ages upping your points, your time will be too low.

My advice, obliterator gauge as you know will help out majorly. Since most of these are boss fights, what you are aiming for is to unleash as many heavy attacks as possible on the enemy, and to use special attacks alot (when the enemy is down and a Y prompt appears) Also once the burst is full, try some more heavy/ special attacks. And make sure you try to get all the boss counterattack sequences done too.

If you aim for an S in time and sync, and an A in points, you will get your S's in no time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLankyguy (Post 5037154)
For time, just know your enemies attack patterns, as some can stop you from hitting them. Get in close at all times, and with the obliterator gauge, keep using heavy attacks to distrupt thier attacks. Pound them quick but not too quick that you could miss out on valuable points. Remember, even if burst is full, keep attacking a little more to boost your ratings.

Its a great DLC from start to end, so just go for it and have fun.

Thanks for the catch up. Just seen it but by the time you posted I am feeling more like my old self and got 2 S ranks down.

I'm having so much fun playing this game again and I'm loving the DLC. Its one of those rare games that even though I beat it like 5 times; it didn't feel like I was grinding achievements.

Now on episode 21. At the end you have the slow-mo (Y) When do I press it? I'm waiting for it to close and it never does. Ill prov have these done by the time you respond but thanks all the same.

TheLankyguy 04-27-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyDoginOZ (Post 5037984)
So does anyone know if the streetfighter DLC is going to get released? Iam sought of thinking if its not out by now we prob wont get it.
But i would love to get the RYU fight.


Not to worry, the ryu fight dlc releases on the 8th may, and the akuma one on the 15th may. So not long to wait now!

TheLankyguy 04-27-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DOPE BOI (Post 5038240)
Thanks for the catch up. Just seen it but by the time you posted I am feeling more like my old self and got 2 S ranks down.

I'm having so much fun playing this game again and I'm loving the DLC. Its one of those rare games that even though I beat it like 5 times; it didn't feel like I was grinding achievements.

Now on episode 21. At the end you have the slow-mo (Y) When do I press it? I'm waiting for it to close and it never does. Ill prov have these done by the time you respond but thanks all the same.


You most likely have discovered this by now, but the slow mo prompt is really for effect and awesomeness. You dont ever press Y, and even if you do nothing happens, its just one to watch. Still a sad scene though

By now you should be on episode 22 "A life well lived"
It took 3 tries to get my S, so if you need help just let me know.

Devil Sora 05-02-2012 11:00 PM

SPOILER DO NO READ UNTILL YOU HAVE FINISHED PART IV

I feel that Chakravartin was placed in the story at the perfect time. There isn't much to know about him he knew Asura had potential so he coached him throughout his time in Naraka and when he was in Rage mode. There isn't much more you need to know about him besides he is God, and he was looking for an heir. Its the perfect supreme being act. If he made himself known out of the gate (or in part III for exp) he would lose that potency as God.

Think about it, the deities revered themselves as "Gods" quoting Yasha from Chapter 6. If Chakravartin popped up and said "hey dere." Things would be thrown into chaos. I beleive if he mindfucked you from chapter 18's illistrated ending he did his job and did it perfectlly.

Now my feelings on the DLC are this. Capcom probablly had this ending planned all along but wanted to see what sort of reception the game got before commiting to it. This day and age companies can do alot of interesting things with IP's that they couldn't do before. Was Asura going to feel more like an outrageous demon from hell that beat everyone to a bloody pulp? Or was it going to feel that you yourself were beating your head in trying to complete the game?

I loved how they wrapped everything up perfect form of storytelling thats powerful and makes others step back and think about all thats transpired. Finally his wrath is gone, thats just the way the game SHOULD have ended (hence why Yasha hints towards it in Chapter 18 ("Is your wrath gone?") its interesting to note that Asura says he doesn't know hence why would they ultimiatlly leave a character like that with such an ending. as for the illustrated end I found that PERFECT its execution was flawless and my take of the "To be continued" is infact genuine. They wanted to see if the core game got a warm reception before investing serious time into it and the end results was one of the most animated and over the top games in my gaming career, how many people (aside from Kratos who hes been compared to and even then they were greek gods) can say they've witnessed a Underdog vs. Supreme being? Not many.

Ravenhood 05-11-2012 05:48 PM

Is anybody aware of the requirements for an A or S rank on Episode 22 in regards to Battle Points? I keep getting just under 15000, which gives me a B rank, but I have no trouble getting an S on Time and Sync.

I'm thinking if I just take more time to use dive or dash attacks, or a few extra seconds of lock-on attacks, I should be able to get over 15000, but I'm not sure if that's even enough.

Any help would be appreciated. =)

davhuit 06-03-2012 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DOPE BOI (Post 5036643)
I love this game. I rarely buy DLC, it has to be good and for a game I like. I wont just buy DLC for achievements or completion. With that said, the DLC started off with a bang already.

I do have a slight problem. I 1k'ed this about 2 months ago and have lost some mojo. I'm starting on hard and on the first episode (19) I'm having a hard time beating the boss faster than 4:30, everything else is a S but for time I'm getting a B.

Any tips to help me remember some strata to finish this boss quicker. I refuse to move on till I S rank this episode first that way the QTE parts are fresh on my mind. At this time I only played this twice and bout to go in for the 3rd run.

Edit: I got it.

Time 4:28 - A

Battle Points 3233 - S

Sync 99 - S

Just got S/S/S in this chapter.

Only got a B rank for the time the first two trys so with the Obliterator Jauge, I just spammed the boss with "Y" attacks, then used the "Y" special move when the boss is down, etc...

Chapter 19 :
- Time : 3'22 (S) / 4'28 (A) / 4'42 or 4'48 (B), I forgot which one, but I think it was 4'42
- Battle points : 3233 (S) [got 3454 but according to an upper message, 3233 is enough].

Chapter 20 :
Time : 3'25 (S)
Battle points : 12079 (S)

(had to take a little more time and kill more ennemis because I only got a B for the Battle points the first time, with ~8500).

Chapter 21 :
Time : 3'26 (S)
Battle points : 5339 (A)

Chapter 22 :
Time : 10'14 (S) / 11'08 (A)
Battle points : 15081 (A)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenhood (Post 5061854)
Is anybody aware of the requirements for an A or S rank on Episode 22 in regards to Battle Points? I keep getting just under 15000, which gives me a B rank, but I have no trouble getting an S on Time and Sync.

I'm thinking if I just take more time to use dive or dash attacks, or a few extra seconds of lock-on attacks, I should be able to get over 15000, but I'm not sure if that's even enough.

Any help would be appreciated. =)

Yeah, 15000 battle points give you a "A rank".

Kairi 02-01-2013 08:16 PM

Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member DEG23 and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org Asura's Wrath / DLC: Episode Pack: IV Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.
Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.
You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!

Homaz 03-07-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kairi (Post 5551763)
Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member DEG23 and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org Asura's Wrath / DLC: Episode Pack: IV Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.
Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.
You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!

Contratulations.
This Guide was a good help to complete the game.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.