XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Battleship (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2523)
-   -   Easy 1000G (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=368233)

dontgoeasyonme 04-29-2012 11:20 PM

Easy 1000G
 
Good game with a great mechanic that changes a shite game into a good game, don't sweat trying to get 1000G in one playthrough. I had to get the Artilary, fish in a barrel and max wild cards but by replaying the last level and grinding just after the 2nd peg on the last level

Ivo 05-09-2012 08:10 PM

Is it a good game, too? :D

Rep 05-09-2012 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivo (Post 5058818)
Is it a good game, too? :D

Not really.

Trendin 05-10-2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rep (Post 5058836)
Not really.

This made me laugh.

Xenolith666 05-12-2012 01:55 AM

how do people get these games already.. people have already 1k'd it and it's not out until next week

Pteppic 05-12-2012 08:00 AM

The game was released at the end of April (at least in Europe)

edit: 20 April exactly

ruslan74 05-12-2012 09:27 AM

Its an enjoyable game unlike other less stellar B rated games. The 1k GS is not too hard to get as you can farm most of the grinder like achievements in the last checkpoint of the game.

mattybell2117 05-13-2012 03:02 AM

I'm having problems with this last boss. There's no checkpoints at all which is complete bs. You work for like 25-30 mins only to die and have to do it all over again.

I don't know wtf I'm doing wrong but this is ridiculous. No problems all game and now I'm been at this boss battle for two hours and still can't beat it. Goddamn shredder mines take more than a full clip of carbine and grenade, this game is fucking trash.

Rep 05-13-2012 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattybell2117 (Post 5064166)
I'm having problems with this last boss. There's no checkpoints at all which is complete bs. You work for like 25-30 mins only to die and have to do it all over again.

Yeah, that was a bitch especially when playing on the harder difficulties. I haven't played it in a couple of weeks but that's the spot I was on.

mattybell2117 05-13-2012 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rep (Post 5064187)
Yeah, that was a bitch especially when playing on the harder difficulties. I haven't played it in a couple of weeks but that's the spot I was on.

Any advice? Should I focus on protecting that big ship underwater or always try to focus on shooting at the flag ship? I'm really at my wits end with this game just because of how brutal the checkpoint system is.

ruslan74 05-13-2012 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattybell2117 (Post 5064280)
Any advice? Should I focus on protecting that big ship underwater or always try to focus on shooting at the flag ship? I'm really at my wits end with this game just because of how brutal the checkpoint system is.

For the moving mines one shotgun shot is enough.

In the last section see if you can leave 1 or 2 enemies alive in the distance so they dont keep spawning and making themselves an irritation. They are good sources for wild cards should you need any to keep your Big Mo and sub alive.

I had the Big Mo upgraded so it could fire across almost the whole map and would take turns to pound the shiels of the alien flagship as their skimmer keep respawning. Note that if you manually take control of the Big Mo you will reduce the shields to under 10% but keep one wild card spare to be able to manually control the Big Mo again after its shields are depleted.

Rinse and repeat, keep the shotgun handy for the moving mines.

Hope this helps. :)

mattybell2117 05-13-2012 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruslan74 (Post 5064305)
For the moving mines one shotgun shot is enough.

In the last section see if you can leave 1 or 2 enemies alive in the distance so they dont keep spawning and making themselves an irritation. They are good sources for wild cards should you need any to keep your Big Mo and sub alive.

I had the Big Mo upgraded so it could fire across almost the whole map and would take turns to pound the shiels of the alien flagship as their skimmer keep respawning. Note that if you manually take control of the Big Mo you will reduce the shields to under 10% but keep one wild card spare to be able to manually control the Big Mo again after its shields are depleted.

Rinse and repeat, keep the shotgun handy for the moving mines.

Hope this helps. :)

Thanks, I'll give that a try. I had like 6 control wildcards the last time I tried but those damn mines got me. I didn't realize I could control the big mo to take down the shields, and it takes it down so much!? Most of the time I just sit there waiting for the shields to deplete but this is a much better way to do it.

Although I disagree with you about the 1 shot with a shotgun on those exploding mines. Damn things take 3 perfect shots for me. Is there a thing where if you shot em once, it triggers a detonation thing and you just gotta outrun em before they blow up or something? I've never once killed one with just one shot...

And thanks for the prompt responses here guys. Although I feel the need to come out here and say that I'm playing on ps3. Had to "resort" to coming over here to ask for help because ps3trophies.org's Battleship forums are empty but it's paid off. I really should come here more often, you xbox lads aren't too bad :P

ChickinOnaChain 05-13-2012 02:02 PM

I don't even know or have seen anything on this game. All I know is that it's a movie. But is this anything like the old board game of the same name?

Rep 05-13-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain (Post 5064626)
I don't even know or have seen anything on this game. All I know is that it's a movie. But is this anything like the old board game of the same name?

They allow you to control your ships at certain times so you can take down other enemy ships, but it doesn't really feel like the board game at all. This game has a lot more action in it.


ChickinOnaChain 05-13-2012 02:34 PM

First, Thanks for the video and clearing this up for me.

Second, damn you for sending me the video! ;). I REALLY like this! And it looks liked this video is going to cost me $60...or whatever the game costs.

And all this time seeing the game name, I ignored it. I thought is was like the board game. :(

mattybell2117 05-13-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain (Post 5064656)
First, Thanks for the video and clearing this up for me.

Second, damn you for sending me the video! ;). I REALLY like this! And it looks liked this video is going to cost me $60...or whatever the game costs.

And all this time seeing the game name, I ignored it. I thought is was like the board game. :(

Don't buy this game. And I'm not just saying that because I'm having incredible problems with the last boss, I'm saying it because it's a single player only game that will plummet in price in the blink of an eye. I'm trying to finish it before the street date in North American which is this Tuesday so that I can trade it in and get as much for it as possible. This is the definition of a bargain bin game.

H0p3sfalL 05-13-2012 05:19 PM

Looks really bad. Will stay away from this

I mak3 big boom 05-13-2012 07:50 PM

This actually doesn't look that bad

mattybell2117 05-13-2012 09:40 PM

Any suggestions on how to defend the SS Reagan? It keeps getting taken down because the flagship keeps shooting at and I can't block its shots. Then I try to move the Big Mo into position so I can hit the flagship when it's shields drop but it refuses to move. It just sits at the back and shoots the ship which is awesome except that all it does is take down the shields but it won't move into position to attack it's weak spots when the shields actually go down and the Big Mo is the only ship that can take out the flagship when it's shields go down. I can't use the control wildcard on the Big Mo when it's shooting at the ship with it's shields up or when the shields go down because it won't move into goddamn position. Any advice?

ChickinOnaChain 05-14-2012 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattybell2117 (Post 5064767)
Don't buy this game. I'm saying it because it's a single player only game that will plummet in price in the blink of an eye. This is the definition of a bargain bin game.

Thanks for the warning but single player games are what I like. Not a MP gamer at all. Plummeting price game? They all do that but I'll wait and see when it drops and get it then. But I will get it at some point.

mattybell2117 05-14-2012 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain (Post 5065568)
Thanks for the warning but single player games are what I like. Not a MP gamer at all. Plummeting price game? That all do that but I'll wait and see when it drops and get it then. But I will get it at some point.

No I'm not telling you to stay away from this game because it's SP only, I'm telling to stay away from it because it's a glitchy pile of garbage that won't get any support in the way of patches. It's a game that you'll be able to get for $20 in a couple of months but even $20 is pushing it. Dunno if you've played Battle LA on xbla but it's pretty much the same quality as that game and Battle LA is overpriced at $20. This game, simply put, is garbage.

If you want a game that'll give 6-7 hours of mediocre gameplay, terrible graphics and random 30 minute long boss fight with no checkpoints and various glitches that increases the game's difficulty tenfold, then go for it. There's just so many better games out there. If I hadn't traded an extra copy of Lucha Libre I bought on clearance for it, I never would've got it.

ChickinOnaChain 05-14-2012 02:48 AM

Okay...I'll wait for it to drop in price. :(

mattybell2117 05-14-2012 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain (Post 5065615)
Okay...I'll wait for it to drop in price. :(

Well do whatever you want man, I'm not trying to tell you what to do, I'm just giving you my opinion on the game. If you've got money to blow then go for it but I 100% guarantee that this will be bargain bin very quickly. I've played a lot of games and this is textbook bargain bin. When was the last time you say a movie based game stay at $60?

Vendetta 05-14-2012 07:12 PM

Glad I got this one coming in from Gamefly :D

ChickinOnaChain 05-14-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattybell2117 (Post 5065635)
Well do whatever you want man, I'm not trying to tell you what to do, I'm just giving you my opinion on the game. If you've got money to blow then go for it but I 100% guarantee that this will be bargain bin very quickly. I've played a lot of games and this is textbook bargain bin. When was the last time you say a movie based game stay at $60?

I know Dude. I was messing with you. I told my wife to get it when she saw a price drop or when she got something from Amazon. Still, the video looked pretty cool to me.

Ace Attorney 86 05-17-2012 02:37 PM

This sounds like it might be a good gamefly rental.

KFZ Scrubs 05-19-2012 01:10 AM

I'm going to rent it... I don't think there's multiplayer... so no playbility after i beat it

Foxxy kyle 05-21-2012 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain (Post 5066837)
I know Dude. I was messing with you. I told my wife to get it when she saw a price drop or when she got something from Amazon. Still, the video looked pretty cool to me.

Here's a review if you want to see how the game is. This guy usually has spot on reviews. And he actually waits to complete the game before reviewing it (Surprising right) unlike most reviewers out there. I didnt watch the video because its 15 minutes or something long, but I trust this guys reviews so whatever he gives it is a pretty good review on it.


Iceskater101 05-21-2012 02:00 AM

is like call of duty at all? From watching gameplay it seemed like COD

Rep 05-21-2012 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceskater101 (Post 5079046)
is like call of duty at all? From watching gameplay it seemed like COD

Why does everyone compare shit to CoD? This is nothing like CoD.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.