XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Minecraft (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2262)
-   -   bitching thread (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=369527)

sic6sic 05-10-2012 07:21 AM

bitching thread

general Minecraft Rage thread, so you can bitch about all the mistakes you make lol

i hate when i have a full inventory of all sorts of cool stuff, and then accidentally tunnel into the side of a lava pit on the way OUT of the mine. >.<

Prime8 05-10-2012 07:25 AM

After I discovered my first diamonds, a creeper almost killed me. I still had a bit of health left, but it apparently blew up the blocks above and a stream of lava poured on me. Unfortunately I couldn't find my way back to where I died, so I lost them :(

helta_skelta 05-10-2012 07:50 AM

i have no idea what im doing in the game

Eazynem Makaveli 05-10-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by helta_skelta (Post 5059568)
i have no idea what im doing in the game

Yeah wait for Creative mode (it is coming in later updates, hopefully not long) and we will have new plans on what we will be doing. going to be so much fun.

UberPirateNinja 05-10-2012 08:25 AM

i hate it when the game randomly freezes when i open my inventory.

GR Fenrir 05-10-2012 08:40 AM

Whenever I built emergency shelters while out exploring, I would constantly die for no appearent reason come morning. I eventually found out the roof was crushing me once I woke up and stood in my bed.

MabusScarab 05-10-2012 11:46 AM

I made my home too large and enemies spawn in there during night time when i'm trying to sleep. I haven't found a way to prevent this aside from destroying it and building a smaller home.

RDrules 05-10-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MabusScarab (Post 5059778)
I made my home too large and enemies spawn in there during night time when i'm trying to sleep. I haven't found a way to prevent this aside from destroying it and building a smaller home.

as long as its lit up size shouldnt matter, try placing some torches in the middle where the ones on the walls wont reach

coomzy 05-10-2012 01:09 PM

I hate when you xbox freezes and you didnt save in ages

the_tubster 05-10-2012 01:57 PM

I dont mind too much when a monster kills me, as I can retrace my steps and pick up my goodies, but when I fall into lava... thats a sod 'cos all my goodies are lost forever!!!

How do people 'path find' in this game? ive lost several houses Ive built simply because ive gone for a wander, and then cant work out where i'd built the house in the first place lol

BBowles 05-10-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_tubster (Post 5059966)
I dont mind too much when a monster kills me, as I can retrace my steps and pick up my goodies, but when I fall into lava... thats a sod 'cos all my goodies are lost forever!!!

How do people 'path find' in this game? ive lost several houses Ive built simply because ive gone for a wander, and then cant work out where i'd built the house in the first place lol

Dig arrows in the ground pointing towards your house, use your map and remember the general location, or build statues that point in the direction of your home :)

RDrules 05-10-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

the game has maps and compasses built in, a map shows you the entire world on this version and a compass points to your spawn point

Midnight_Jasper 05-10-2012 02:09 PM

I hate it when im saving my game and it freezes.

GEEN0 05-10-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Just jump and plant a block underneath yourself, repeat till you have a very tall tower, then stick torches all around the top, jump off (into water or die - wont matter its near your home/bed) you can then see this for miles!

Burnout x360a 05-10-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GEEN0 (Post 5060028)
Just jump and plant a block underneath yourself, repeat till you have a very tall tower, then stick torches all around the top, jump off (into water or die - wont matter its near your home/bed) you can then see this for miles!

The old school way of doing it, crude but effective. :p

GEEN0 05-10-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burnout (Post 5060034)
The old school way of doing it, crude but effective. :p

why you little whippersnapper! ;)

GrimSovereignty 05-10-2012 04:09 PM

The fact that I want to buy it but don't have enough MP yet so I am stuck playing trial lol

Melon Bread 05-10-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MabusScarab (Post 5059778)

No not due to size,, to solve the issue do not put your bed right next to any walls.

AgentOrange330 05-10-2012 05:12 PM

The fact that I have no idea how the powered rails, powered minecarts, redstone torches, redstone wires, etc work at all...

RDrules 05-10-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AgentOrange330 (Post 5060233)
The fact that I have no idea how the powered rails, powered minecarts, redstone torches, redstone wires, etc work at all...

well redstone dust is wire and redstone torches are batteries so the basic way to power things with them is connect a redstone torch to the item from any distance with redstone wire

instead of the torch you can use switches and buttons etc to power the redstone, this will let you turn things on and off which is useful for powering doors and things
powerd rail is just track with redstone in it which you can power with a torch or a switch and it increases the speed of a minecart running over it

powered minecarts are just a minecart with a furnace in them, you click on them with coal in your hand and they move, they are pretty much usless though because they are slow and eat coal

the best thing to do to learn about redstone is play with it, try building simple circuits and working your way up, people do all sorts with it in the end theres even a guy that programmed minecraft using redstone in the game so you could play minecraft in minecraft :P

kinyo2 05-10-2012 07:01 PM

I hate it that the game is so dark in the nights, on the pc version I don't have the problem

Burnout x360a 05-10-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinyo2 (Post 5060395)
I hate it that the game is so dark in the nights, on the pc version I don't have the problem

Raise the gamma, it definitely is darker than the PC though.

RDrules 05-10-2012 07:17 PM

the lighting on the PC game was improved after 1.6.6... i think it was during the adventure update like most things

Cornholio 05-10-2012 09:57 PM

1600 MSP nuff said.

weird carrot 05-10-2012 11:40 PM

I hate it when the game freezes when you've gone 10 hours without saving because you thought this game followed the normal 'Autosave' ideal but it turned out it actually doesn't mean anything.

I also hate it when there's no disk to snap or throw out of my window.

SpiderPg 05-10-2012 11:40 PM

I hate when you forget to set it too an offline game or put it invite only and your "friend" joins goes to your chest and takes all your diamonds and then leaves.

Those diamonds will be lost forever!!! D:

AgentOrange330 05-11-2012 12:06 AM

Thanks RDrules! Being new I was all over the place last night trying to make a minecart move and had no idea what I was doing. The one wiki I came across had full blown electrical schematics and logic equations. That was a little more than what I needed to make a minecart move. I'll have to give it another crack tonight...

RDrules 05-11-2012 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AgentOrange330 (Post 5060814)
Thanks RDrules! Being new I was all over the place last night trying to make a minecart move and had no idea what I was doing. The one wiki I came across had full blown electrical schematics and logic equations. That was a little more than what I needed to make a minecart move. I'll have to give it another crack tonight...

yeah some people go really overboard with the redstone (like me at times :P) but for minecarts all you really need is a redstone torch sat next to the powered rail every so often down your track to keep you going and a launcher which is just 3 bits of powered rail with a block at the end to place the minecart against and a button connected to it with redstone to start it

Mr Yac 05-11-2012 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melon Bread (Post 5060196)
No not due to size,, to solve the issue do not put your bed right next to any walls.

this doesn't work either, my bed is in the middle of my room and my house is completly sealed with torches all around and i still get woken up every time i try to sleep by a zombie or skeleton, VERY annoying.

thats not even my biggest complaint though since i'm one of the oh so lucky people whos inventory and spawn point gets deletd regardless of where or when i save which is making any real expoloration a pain since i need to get back home and dump everything in a chest before i can save without it deleting itself :mad:

Tee! 05-11-2012 04:00 AM

Bought the game today, played for about 4 hours, built a beautiful 2 story house in the sky and thought all was going well...

Turns out, it wasn't auto saving like I wrongly assumed it was. I was retreating into my house during night time which had been safe from zombies the every night prior and an exploding zombie was on the second floor of my house and pretty much destroyed everything I had worked on.

Went back to the main menu to re-load my save, turns out there was no game to load because it wasn't saving and now I have to start all over again.

I didn't have torches in my house because I was unable to find both ingredients for it. Could that be how he ended up in my house? There was only one path to get into my house, which was highly elevated off the ground, and a trap door that should have stopped it.