XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alan Wake (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=331)
-   -   DLC Code in Game? (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=370355)

Mintigo 05-15-2012 09:42 PM

DLC Code in Game?

Hey guys,

I know all new copies originally came with the Signal DLC for free. Does anyone know if this is still the case almost two years post release?

I'm interested in picking up this game this month and noticed the DLC was going on sale. Wondering if I need to buy it now or if it will be included in my new copy.

Thanks!

The Rabbit Suit 05-15-2012 10:49 PM

Should still be there for the 360 version. If you pick up the PC release (physical or digital) it'll come with both DLCs.

xCALLOOMx 05-16-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mintigo (Post 5069101)
Hey guys,

I know all new copies originally came with the Signal DLC for free. Does anyone know if this is still the case almost two years post release?

I'm interested in picking up this game this month and noticed the DLC was going on sale. Wondering if I need to buy it now or if it will be included in my new copy.

Thanks!

I bought Alan Wake brand new about 2 weeks back and it still has The Signal DLC code inside.

I've not used it yet, but there's nothing on the inner-slip that states there's a use-by code.

TopBuzz99 05-18-2012 10:23 AM

I've had the game for a couple months now, but only really started it last week. I used the 'Signal' code last Saturday (May 11 2012) and it worked fine.

CoeLateral 05-22-2012 05:48 AM

Is the Signal DLC worth purchasing since I bought it preowned?

The Rabbit Suit 05-23-2012 06:25 PM

It's basically one extra episode in the game. It isn't necessary of course, but it will give you some more background as to what happens to Alan once he reached the Dark Place. It's small though and subtle. If you go for The Signal, I'd recommend going for The Writer to.

The DLCs try to have the levels play out differently than the rest of the game too. The Writer comes off as more platforming and The Signal changes up a few scenarios where you'll fight and flee differently.

HellspawnRei 05-23-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rabbit Suit (Post 5069286)
Should still be there for the 360 version. If you pick up the PC release (physical or digital) it'll come with both DLCs.

Me too,bought it a week ago with both dlcs (PC).

GANZ VII 05-24-2012 04:26 PM

I picked it up used for 6 notes last week and it still had the unused code inside.
An easy extra 250G too.:)
How lucky was that people?:woop:

CoeLateral 05-25-2012 06:01 AM

How much time does the DLC take to get all achievements?

The Rabbit Suit 05-25-2012 08:18 AM

The two of them together? Probably no more than three hours. It's short, sadly. If you're not following a guide for the collectibles or the no-death run, it may take you longer.

Ninja Eagle 10-29-2012 10:58 AM

I bought it early this year and got the code. Obviously you would have to buy new.

FrozenRaptorz 10-29-2012 01:37 PM

Bought it new and came with one DLC, so far it seems pretty solid for an add-on I didn't know I was getting.