XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Dragon's Lair (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2584)
-   -   Is this worth getting (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=370896)

vampirehunterd6662 05-19-2012 12:06 AM

Is this worth getting

Is dragons lair worth getting, is it worth the 800msp

vSully 05-19-2012 12:12 AM

Yes if you like the game. No if you don't.

vampirehunterd6662 05-19-2012 12:25 AM

iv neva played the game b4 lol thats why i was askin haha

bLaKgRaVy 05-19-2012 01:31 AM

Just get the trial version. If you like it, then get it. I loved it when it first came out in 1983, so I'm more nostalgic. I think it's a fantastic game with excellent animation, but has very little replay value, to be honest.

BattleDawgz808 05-19-2012 02:25 AM

Yeah I got Dragon's Lair out of Nostalgia brings me back when we had to walk to the arcade with a pocketful of quarters and dollar bills just to play the newest video game.

Exhausted Dad 05-19-2012 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BattleDawgz808 (Post 5075644)
Yeah I got Dragon's Lair out of Nostalgia brings me back when we had to walk to the arcade with a pocketful of quarters and dollar bills just to play the newest video game.

No doubt man, I remember thinking how awesome the graphics were and couldn't wait for more games to look like that. Those were the days :drunk

Didi Mau 05-19-2012 09:26 AM

I've always wanted to play this game and I'm not disappointed, it lived up to my expectations. Plus I think it has potential to be made into a drinking game, which is always a bonus as that's how I get replay value out of most of my completed XBLA games :p

DakotaThrice 05-19-2012 02:33 PM

As has been noted most of the people buying this are buying it for the nostalgia for most others there will be absolutely no replay value in this so it really depends on your views on buying games purely for the gamerscore.

If you get it right first time you can 100% this in under 30 mins.

Ddraig Gymraeg 05-23-2012 06:45 PM

I bought it but don't like it. I had fond memories of the original but I think the nostalgia factor didn't carry enough weight when I replayed it. Or I'm old and cranky. Oh and I now have a 0G game that I can't delete from my playlist either (it reappears each time it's deleted). That'll teach me...

MikeinSC 05-23-2012 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vampirehunterd6662 (Post 5075445)
Is dragons lair worth getting, is it worth the 800msp

If you never played it as a kid...good lord, no.

If you have...maybe.

HellspawnRei 05-23-2012 11:50 PM

A really nostalgic game indeed.
I would,for sure recomend it to you,but better check trial.

A must buy for me.

HamKet 05-24-2012 04:20 PM

I bought it because I remember playing it in the arcade as a kid, and because I never made it past the first room.

I wanted to finally be able to finish the damn game. Plus, I love Don Bluth animation.

Digidax 05-25-2012 07:04 AM

I'm like you Ddraig I hate to have a 0GS on a game but you could at least get the easy achievement of bumbling knight quickly and then never play again

DakotaThrice 05-25-2012 07:52 AM

Or you could just spend an hour on it and get the 200g

Ddraig Gymraeg 05-25-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DakotaThrice (Post 5086822)
Or you could just spend an hour on it and get the 200g

Is it really that easy? If so, I may persevere with it.

DakotaThrice 05-25-2012 08:23 PM

At the minimum you need one playthrough on Easy/Arcade for Lair King and one on Hard for Quest Complete.

Start out on easy/arcade and when you get to the dragon's lair save and complete it without losing a life then reload and do lair king. Then do your hard playthrough. In the process you should pick up everything else except the two secret achievements (which can be done in the first scene on a new game, Date With Daphne which can be unlocked by changing the system clock if you're so inclined and 1983 Mode (which can be done in one of your first two runs, or a third).

One run through without dying/reloading takes 12-15 minutes (ish).

Ddraig Gymraeg 05-27-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DakotaThrice (Post 5087822)
At the minimum you need one playthrough on Easy/Arcade for Lair King and one on Hard for Quest Complete.

Start out on easy/arcade and when you get to the dragon's lair save and complete it without losing a life then reload and do lair king. Then do your hard playthrough. In the process you should pick up everything else except the two secret achievements (which can be done in the first scene on a new game, Date With Daphne which can be unlocked by changing the system clock if you're so inclined and 1983 Mode (which can be done in one of your first two runs, or a third).

One run through without dying/reloading takes 12-15 minutes (ish).

I died quite a bit (old thumbs) but you're right, it's a pretty quick playthrough. Would have finished it but I managed to lose my saved game (my bad) so will have another crack at it tomorrow.

Fear Of Falling 10-04-2013 03:38 PM

Maybe

Get the trial version and see if you like it. This week it is on sale for $5 (half price).

envint251 10-08-2013 10:50 AM

Absolutely not!!! I've hated every minute of it. It's frustrating and absolutely no fun at all. If you haven't played the original, i.e. if you're not interested in this for nostalgia purposes, steer well clear.

envint251 03-15-2014 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ddraig Gymraeg (Post 5084014)
I bought it but don't like it. I had fond memories of the original but I think the nostalgia factor didn't carry enough weight when I replayed it. Or I'm old and cranky. Oh and I now have a 0G game that I can't delete from my playlist either (it reappears each time it's deleted). That'll teach me...

Same here. Bought it and then wished I hadn't! And bloody Lair King won't unlock for me!