XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Max Payne 3 (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1344)
-   -   Max Payne 1 and 2 HD (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=371432)

Acejunky 05-23-2012 12:44 AM

Max Payne 1 and 2 HD
 
I never really played 1 and 2 only bits and pieces of 2 I was hoping eventually they would release the two in HD since this one was so AWSOME!! Anyone heard any info on this. what are your thoughts..

Rep 05-23-2012 12:45 AM

Haven't heard any info on it, and I doubt I will, but that would be amazing to have an HD collection of Max Payne.

Nevander 05-23-2012 12:50 AM

A remake of 1 and 2 using this current engine would be sweet! The first two games were amazing, literally everything was right about them. Can't remember one thing that I didn't like.

Infernal 05-23-2012 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevander (Post 5082706)
A remake of 1 and 2 using this current engine would be sweet! The first two games were amazing, literally everything was right about them. Can't remember one thing that I didn't like.

That was also back when we gamed for fun, without worrying about achievements.

HellspawnRei 05-23-2012 02:20 AM

I m happy that i have them on original Xbox both.
I will get 3 but alot later.

cheevo360 05-23-2012 03:03 AM

Yeah I will love that, hoping our dream come true once R* confirm it in future maybe this generation or next generation consoles with update graphics and first time ever for achievements/trophies are include. Max Payne franchises is brilliant. :)

Xerofox 05-23-2012 03:15 AM

I think it'll be a problem to upscale both games because they were made by Remedy instead of Rockstar games (Rockstar published the first 2 games and ported the games to the PS2). It'll be a rights issue, Rockstar owns the Max Payne rights now but the rights of the first 2 games are with Remedy. If both parties can't make an agreement it'll never happen.

ChickinOnaChain 05-23-2012 03:25 AM

I had 1 on my PC and loved it. I was even tempted to get in off of the Marketplace but never got around to it. I even had 2 on my PC but just couldn't get into it.

Nevander 05-23-2012 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xerofox (Post 5082914)
I think it'll be a problem to upscale both games because they were made by Remedy instead of Rockstar games (Rockstar published the first 2 games and ported the games to the PS2). It'll be a rights issue, Rockstar owns the Max Payne rights now but the rights of the first 2 games are with Remedy. If both parties can't make an agreement it'll never happen.

No wonder MP3 doesn't feel like Max Payne and feels more like a Max Payne themed GTA style of play, because Remedy didn't make it. I had forgotten that R* did not make 1 and 2. Why did they let R* develop it?!? I'm sad panda now, I think Remedy did it better. :(

fiber2501 05-23-2012 04:33 AM

Not sure if theyll do it or not but id pay money for it. Ive enjoyed Max Payne for years and hopefully many more to come :)

DamagedWill 05-23-2012 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevander (Post 5082927)
No wonder MP3 doesn't feel like Max Payne and feels more like a Max Payne themed GTA style of play, because Remedy didn't make it. I had forgotten that R* did not make 1 and 2. Why did they let R* develop it?!? I'm sad panda now, I think Remedy did it better. :(

Remedy is too busy with Alan Wake lately. That's what they wanted to focus on. Rockstar published the first two games. Remedy did have input on the third game though. Sam Lake, writer and the model of Max in the first game, said himself that he liked the direction they took and that it seemed like a natural next step for Max Payne. Lake is even co-writing the prequel comic with Dan Houser.

SPOILERS BELOW

What I loved the most about Max Payne 3 is how they handled Max. The story by itself is by the numbers, but what makes it great is that it's just a vehicle for Max's character and how it gave him purpose. Starting from a rock bottom, substance abuser to a man who decides to take back control of his life and shape something of it. Even the song "Tears" that plays in the airport terminal shootout is symbolic. The lyrics being Max's wife telling him to finally let go, of her and his daughter. Finding purpose amidst chaos.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xerofox (Post 5082914)
I think it'll be a problem to upscale both games because they were made by Remedy instead of Rockstar games (Rockstar published the first 2 games and ported the games to the PS2). It'll be a rights issue, Rockstar owns the Max Payne rights now but the rights of the first 2 games are with Remedy. If both parties can't make an agreement it'll never happen.

I doubt there would be a problem. Rockstar went to Remedy for notes on Max Payne 3. That shows respect to the source material and considering on interviews with Sam Lake, they are on pretty good terms.

pined5551 05-23-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xerofox (Post 5082914)
I think it'll be a problem to upscale both games because they were made by Remedy instead of Rockstar games (Rockstar published the first 2 games and ported the games to the PS2). It'll be a rights issue, Rockstar owns the Max Payne rights now but the rights of the first 2 games are with Remedy. If both parties can't make an agreement it'll never happen.

It's hardly an issue. Remedy would have no logical reason to not agree. They would make money from nothing, Rockstar would be doing all the work with Remedy simply getting roalties.

ll X ll 05-23-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamagedWill (Post 5083071)
Remedy is too busy with Alan Wake lately. That's what they wanted to focus on. Rockstar published the first two games. Remedy did have input on the third game though. Sam Lake, writer and the model of Max in the first game, said himself that he liked the direction they took and that it seemed like a natural next step for Max Payne. Lake is even co-writing the prequel comic with Dan Houser.

SPOILERS BELOW

What I loved the most about Max Payne 3 is how they handled Max. The story by itself is by the numbers, but what makes it great is that it's just a vehicle for Max's character and how it gave him purpose. Starting from a rock bottom, substance abuser to a man who decides to take back control of his life and shape something of it. Even the song "Tears" that plays in the airport terminal shootout is symbolic. The lyrics being Max's wife telling him to finally let go, of her and his daughter. Finding purpose amidst chaos.



I doubt there would be a problem. Rockstar went to Remedy for notes on Max Payne 3. That shows respect to the source material and considering on interviews with Sam Lake, they are on pretty good terms.

Great to see im not the only one who knows how much this really is Max Payne and how great the story is. Even the ending is perfect.

Starkweather 05-23-2012 04:13 PM

I would love if Rockstar released a HD collection as someone else said i am sure Remedy would not mind this, but bother developers have important projects at the moment that is only thing that may stop it.

DamagedWill 05-23-2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ll X ll (Post 5083678)
Great to see im not the only one who knows how much this really is Max Payne and how great the story is. Even the ending is perfect.

It just bugs me how people refuse to take this as Max Payne. They can't get past that he's bald, older, different clothes, etc. Rockstar obviously care and are taking care of the character and doing it justice.

slimepunch 05-24-2012 03:45 AM

The first two are on Xbox live marketplace would they really bother with HD remakes now?

Guilty Trace 12-28-2012 01:02 AM

Found this thread searching for the still-possible Max Payne HD re-releases or straight-up remakes and started to read the positive comments from some about the third entry. I was a Max Payne junkie when I first touched it on Xbox in 2001. The writing appealed to my literature-obsessed (read: lonely) adolescent mind and the presentation was phenomenal. I became entranced with the Max Payne universe, desperately trying to download the theme song off of LimeWire waaaay back in the day and re-reading the blurb in the game's manual concerning it's future as a film, (which was, for the most part, a lot of suck). Max Payne and Max Payne 2 have been in my possession in one form or another since their respective release dates. I pre-ordered Max Payne 3 as soon as GameStop would allow and when I played through it, I was completely awestruck. Rockstar took a property that I cherished and really, really loved - borderline obsessed over - and made double damn sure to get it right and not release it for consumption until everything was perfect. I knew Rockstar would professionally handle this title. They don't disappoint and Max Payne 3 is Max Payne. I don't care who you are. Every finite detail is perfect and appropriate: the colors and visuals, the voice acting, the blood, the sound effects, the environments, the twists and turns and out-of-left-field revelations, the presentation of the narrative itself - and the freaking New Jersey chapters! I want Rockstar to look at the first two games and say, "We should do something with those." If I hear (or read) those words, there will be money sent to their New York branch in an envelope.

Iceskater101 12-28-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DamagedWill (Post 5084192)
It just bugs me how people refuse to take this as Max Payne. They can't get past that he's bald, older, different clothes, etc. Rockstar obviously care and are taking care of the character and doing it justice.

That's exactly how I feel too. I mean seriously, this new Max Payne is pretty bad ass. I mean I haven't played the other Max Payne's but who cares? He has hair for the first couple of chapters.

xXmyxxmastaXx 12-28-2012 11:20 PM

if they do this then i would want 2 types of physics engines, Classic ragdolls and the Euphoria physics like in 3.

BiggD 12-29-2012 06:12 PM

I gotta agree with everyone here about how awesome an HD remake would be if Rockstar dediced to do so. Everything about Max Payne 3 was brilliant; it was honestly one of my top 3 favorite games of 2012, even when thrown into competition with all the great Q4 games. Sadly, I feel as though Max Payne 3 is underrated and many won't ever care to pick it up.

A Medium Bear 01-01-2013 11:23 PM

A lot of the younger generation would of had the Max Payne back-story on their radar either given that the first two came out so long ago. Therefore the game may not have appealed to them at all. I remember seeing preview screens of Max Payne way back and through delays it appeared as though it would never come. When it did I scraped to get my PC up to scratch to play it.

I don't really understand the gripe of Max's changing character (bald and old) given that there was a pretty big difference in appearance between 1 and 2. If anything. Max in 2 looks similar to Max at the beginning of 3. Given the events of 2 it's not surprising he is so messed up. It was great to see Max feel a sense of purpose again after putting those Brazilian's in their box.

Here's hoping for Max Payne 4 sooner then later. I think R* did a stellar job and would do so again. They're respectful to the roots of a game and they don't half-ass anything they do.

BiggD 01-02-2013 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Medium Bear (Post 5491607)
Here's hoping for Max Payne 4 sooner then later. I think R* did a stellar job and would do so again. They're respectful to the roots of a game and they don't half-ass anything they do.

Not sure what could be the Story if they made a 4th installment...but if they're able to pull it off, I'd buy it right away. Rockstar rarely ever disappoints with their work.

CHAMP PHELPS 01-20-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The BiggD (Post 5486625)
I gotta agree with everyone here about how awesome an HD remake would be if Rockstar dediced to do so. Everything about Max Payne 3 was brilliant; it was honestly one of my top 3 favorite games of 2012, even when thrown into competition with all the great Q4 games. Sadly, I feel as though Max Payne 3 is underrated and many won't ever care to pick it up.

I agree with you BiggD I feel this games was underrated.It is one of my top 3 favorite games of 2012.It would be great if an HD Collection was made.

Boochboy 03-07-2013 06:19 AM

I never played the original games,as I didnt use my Xbox much back in the day. I was just looking into them because I highly enjoyed 3 and noticed that they were on the market place. Think I've been convinced to purchase them now.


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.