XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Walking Dead (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2319)
-   -   No Skip Option (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=376902)

llsnake2ll 06-29-2012 10:08 PM

No Skip Option

It is extremely annoying to have to listen to conversations and watch cut scenes over again, if you just want to see different outcomes. They really need a skip option, though I doubt that will happen.

shinobigarth 07-02-2012 04:48 AM

totally agree.

T0X1C Z0MB1E TZ 07-02-2012 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by llsnake2ll (Post 5152014)
It is extremely annoying to have to listen to conversations and watch cut scenes over again, if you just want to see different outcomes. They really need a skip option, though I doubt that will happen.

Please think about what you are saying. It's a interactive movie, when you go to the cinema and watch a movie, say it's an action movie, when someone is having a conversation do you ask to skip that part, even if it had some important plot points in? No, you do not, and TellTale want people to appreciate the work put into this game and the story, so please, don't ask for such a silly request for a great game.

And if you are on about AFTER you have complete the chapter you want and go back to repeat it on Rewind then, you should just still pay attention to the story and choose differently.

I'm not trying to get into an argument either so if this sounds a bit harsh, sorry :/

All the best - T0X1C

shinobigarth 07-02-2012 08:06 AM

i think he means more like if you die in a QTE section and have to spend time waiting for a conversation or doing a menial action before you get to the QTE action part. after a scene has been viewed once, just give the player the option of skipping if they want, such as by pressing back, then pressing A to confirm to skip so you dont do it on accident.

think about it, if a player goes back to replay the game to see different outcomes, they likely wont be skipping things since they'll want to see what happens differently.

Jaganboy 07-02-2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T0X1C Z0MB1E TZ (Post 5156094)
Please think about what you are saying. It's a interactive movie, when you go to the cinema and watch a movie, say it's an action movie, when someone is having a conversation do you ask to skip that part, even if it had some important plot points in? No, you do not, and TellTale want people to appreciate the work put into this game and the story, so please, don't ask for such a silly request for a great game.

All the best - T0X1C

I agree to a point. While I enjoy watching the scenes, it is kind of annoying that you can't skip, but it's not so bad (if it were a full $60 retail game then yes scene skipping should be there).

I'd rather there be a better save option. Right now I'm visiting my parents in Nigeria. While here I finished the download and played it but while playing the power cut numerous times causing me to re-watch some cutscenes/ choose my choices again.

llsnake2ll 07-03-2012 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T0X1C Z0MB1E TZ (Post 5156094)

And if you are on about AFTER you have complete the chapter you want and go back to repeat it on Rewind then, you should just still pay attention to the story and choose differently.

I'm not trying to get into an argument either so if this sounds a bit harsh, sorry :/

All the best - T0X1C

I completely understand what you mean and I'm not replying to start some argument just sharing my thoughts. I don't mean to under appreciate their work, it's just I've played through the first and second episode three times now and I just feel it gets tedious to have go through lengths of dialogue just to change a certain aspect of that playthrough, like when someone "will remember that". I enjoy games(and movies) with great story, but when I've seen the general story more than once or twice, I would like to get to the meat of things even if it requires getting past some of the smaller stuff even dialogue with important plot points(because I already know what those points are by this time)

Annalie 07-24-2012 06:48 AM

Yea it does get annoying sometimes.

THE DEADLY DOG 07-24-2012 05:44 PM

I've gotta agree that sometimes I wish I could skip sections. Especially when I go back through it all to write guides and I can recite the exact lines lol.

But ooh well.

Kno Logik 07-27-2012 02:49 AM

Yeah for sure they should have a skip or something similar to Mass Effect skipping.