XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2583)
-   -   Tips & tricks (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=377889)

Flipstylee 07-06-2012 08:37 PM

Tips & tricks

Just got the 200G, and i know there's many guides for frogger in general out there, but for Classic mode i choose Hyper:

-Wait for a cycle in the big gap between the bottom cars before you hit start: you should be coming on the screen as the female frog does, a little earlier for the faster levels.

-Try to get all the Flies on the pad: learn the pattern of gaps between the last two surfaces (lillypad then log/croc), create a loop between them.

-doing this will keep you in time to spawn and get the female frog immediately every other(ish) time depending on death.

My Tag is messing up: GT Flipstylee

[edit] Also wanted to add, After Level 5, Classic mode rolls over to Level 1, so if time is short the flies aren't totally necessary towards the 100k. If someone wants to make a guide they can add this info in, the other modes are fairly easy if you can get Classic down.

eastx 07-10-2012 06:44 AM

Thanks for the tips! But the plural of fly is flies. Never use apostrophes to pluralize something.

Flipstylee 07-11-2012 01:40 PM

haha! Good call on the grammar slip, One more thing i wanted to add was, on Stage 5 nothing matters but getting on the LAST turtle in the sequence before the final log.

ghsbe 07-15-2012 05:50 AM

How many painting rounds are there?

GamingEconomist 07-15-2012 01:17 PM

25 Rounds of painting. On your way till the final one you could get around three extra lifes

ghsbe 07-17-2012 05:58 PM

I ended up beating it right after I posted this.

StingX2 12-19-2012 02:24 PM

In challenge mode it says eat the flies, the graphics are next gen and flies are yellow here right? When i eat them, i get a failure O_O

Bahaumaut 03-17-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StingX2 (Post 5470018)
In challenge mode it says eat the flies, the graphics are next gen and flies are yellow here right? When i eat them, i get a failure O_O

Sting:

The reason is because there's a 'bug/glitch' in the game, due to bad developers (10 second load times for FROGGER? The horrid UI, etc.)

When you jump onto a fly, possibly in combination with the lady frog, you may notice the game 'freeze'. One of those stutter/lags, like when starting the game, or possibly jumping on the lady frog.

Problem is, it's still simulating the game, just not correctly. So after the stutter is over, the game is back to where it would be that many milliseconds ahead. When jumping on the end spot and collecting the fly and getting the stutter, you may be on the very middle of the landing pad.

After the stutter, you're several pixels to the right. It registers you collecting the fly, but not landing on the pad. Thus, you're now on bad space, and are now splat. This happens on ALL game types.

To fix it: You need to jump somewhat early. Not too early, but enough that you're near the left edge of the landing spot. By the end of the stutter, you'll be on the right edge, but still safe. It's the only way to survive getting the first fly. Note that I do not know if this happens on every level, or just on each start/restart of a challenge/gametype.

Horrid game, horrid devs. They should be named and shamed for this.