So, I was noticing the forum doesn't have a thread about the update schedule. Figured it would be best to create a general one so we don't start getting several threads every time an announcement is made.
Next update: 1.2.3
current known release date: Unknown
features to be added:
-Animal Breeding and Baby Animals
-Mushroom Biome, Big Mushrooms, mushroom cows
-New Tutorial World
are the main updates there are a LOT more. Check out the Wiki for a complete list (http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/History#1.2.3 between 1 and 1.2.3)
Hopefully this will make it easy for people to get the latest information on what's coming in the Minecraft: 360 Edition universe!
Recap of changes.
Patch changes and fixes:
Changes and Additions:
- Added an option to clear the quick select bar in the creative interface.
- Added an option to enable or disable bedrock fog, and set to off by default.
- Added an option to toggle the HUD off/on.
- Added an option to turn the player hand off/on.
- Added a crafting recipe for Golden Apples.
- Added a crafting recipe for Pumpkin Seeds.
- Made cakes stackable.
- Added a How To Play page for Host and Player options.
- Fix for a problem with signs in online games causing crashes.
- Fix for save renaming deleting the wrong save due to input received during the confirmation flow.
- Fix to the mob generation code to increase the number of animals in the world.
- Fix for chests being incorrectly lit, and rotated for maps from previous versions.
- Fix for problem with the eating animation being shown for players who weren’t eating.
- Fix for problem with chest lids not behaving properly.
- Fix for animals looking like they were taking damage when they shouldn’t.
- Fix for some sounds not playing when the player has an empty hand.
- Fix for lever sounds.
- Fix for fence gate sounds.
- Fix for splitscreen players sometimes having their settings zeroed.
- Fix for being damaged while flying over lava.
- Fix to stop lava, milk and water buckets being empty after use in creative mode.
- Fix for Leader of the Pack achievement being awarded incorrectly.
- Fix for leaderboard stats issue where value stored was incorrect.
- Fix for hitbox problems with glass panes and iron fence.
- Fix for small character display changing color to green.
- Fix for map rendering incorrectly in some situations with clouds disabled.
- Fix for block rendering problem at the edge of the map.
- Fix for splitscreen players not being able to mine in the tutorial.
- Fix for players not being able to sprint/sprint-fly in creative mode if the player was previously in survival mode with a low food bar.
- Fix for arrow damage not being ignored when PvP is turned off.
- Fix for activated pressure plates not working correctly.
- Fix for the low food bar hint appearing when loading a game in creative mode (usually the tutorial world saves).
- Fix to remove the player shadow when the Invisible option in the Host Privileges is used.
- Fix for Red Roses not being generated on the terrain.
- Fix for paintings being pushed by pistons.
- Fix so that players who can’t eat, due to the Trust Players option being off, do not get exhausted.
- Fix for the interface disappearing after a Share to Facebook action.
- Fix to limit the number of Slimes, Ghasts and Silverfish that can be spawned in a world.
- Fix for the cursor position in creative mode being able to go offscreen.
- Fix for players showing on maps when they should not be, after the player dies and respawns.
- Fix for capes displaying wrongly when sprint-flying.
- Fix for capes not displaying in the Nether.
- Fix for capes not displaying when the player respawns.
- Fix for tools taking damage in Creative Mode.
- Fix so Bows don’t need or use up Arrows in Creative Mode.
- Reduced the volume of the chest open/close sound effect
1.8.2 Added and changed:
- Added Creative Mode.
- Disabled Achievements and Leaderboard updates if the player is in Creative Mode, or if the world has been previously saved in Creative Mode.
- Added a simple tutorial for Creative Mode.
- Added sprinting to Survival Mode.
- Added flying and sprint-flying to Creative Mode.
- Added new items to the game – Melon, Melon Slice, Melon Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds, Raw/Cooked Beef, Raw/Cooked Chicken, Rotten Flesh, Iron Bars, Fence Gate, Stone Bricks, Stone Brick Slabs, Stone Brick Stairs, Brick Slabs, Brick Stairs, Ender Pearl, Web,Vines, 10 more Music Discs, and Chain Armor.
- Added new items to the crafting menu – Melon, Melon Seeds, Glass Pane, Fence Gate, Iron Bars, Stone Bricks, Stone Brick Slabs, Stone Brick Stairs, Brick Slabs, Brick Stairs.
- Added terrain generation features – Strongholds, Villages, Abandoned Mineshafts and Ravines.
- Biome code additions, including rivers and oceans.
- Changed the bow to have drawing and firing action.
- Added a quick move to the dispenser.
- Added a quick equip for armor to the inventory interface.
- Added a quick move for ingredients and fuel in the furnace interface.
- Brought forward the mining speed changes from 1.2.3
- Brought forward apples dropping from leaf blocks from 1.1
- Brought forward change from 1.2.3 to make pumpkins and melons grow from stems much faster, and not require farmland around the stem to grow on.
- Fix to vines brought forward from 1.2.3 to stop them spreading too much.
- Added the Food Bar to the HUD.
- Added stacking for food items.
- Added the eating animation.
- Enabled crafting mushroom stew without a crafting table.
- Added the blocking move with swords.
- Changed all the text descriptions for food to show how much they refill the food bar.
- Passive mobs will now flee when hit.
- The snout on pigs now protrude from their head.
- Skeletons now hold full size bows.
- Animals no longer despawn which makes it possible to capture them.
- Zombies now drop Rotten Flesh instead of Feathers.
- Updated some mob sounds.
- Shears can now collect Tall Grass and the new Vine.
- Improved sunrise and sunset.
- Improved the rain edges (when looking up in rain).
- User-placed leaf blocks no longer decay.
- Cloud height raised to the top of the map, so clouds can no longer phase through blocks.
- Cloud movement syncs with the game’s time.
- Both Wooden and Stone pressure plates can now be placed on fences.
- Improved chest model with a 3D lock, and opening and closing animation.
- Added a countdown timer to the autosave to stop it being such a surprise.
- Added the ability to rename an existing saved world.
- Added map icons to the in-game player list to match their color in the map.
- Added a confirmation dialog on the player choosing to exit without saving.
- Added a character display when sprinting or flying.
- Updated the How To Play HUD with the Food Bar information.
- Added descriptions for Creative Mode and Sprinting to the How To Play menus.
- Updated the Download Content menu with pictures of the DLC available.
- Removed Herobrine.
Options Changes and Additions:
- Changed the Gamertags Display option to mean display/hide gamertags in-game and on maps.
- Added an option to select Creative Mode or Survival Mode on creating or loading a world.
- Added an option to disable clouds.
- Added additional options to the world creation – Superflat land (creates a flat world near bedrock in both the Overworld and the Nether), enable/disable Structures and Bonus Chest.
- Added Host options – toggles for Player Versus Player, Trust Players to stop players being able to mine without permission from the Host, Fire Spread, TNT Explodes, and Host Privileges.
- Added in-game player options for the host – Can Build and Mine, Moderator, Kick Player, Can Fly, Disable Exhaustion, Invisible.
- Store the Online, Invite Only, and Friends of Friends options in the player’s profile.
Tutorial World Changes:
- Changed the Tutorial world to enable the new terrain features in it.
- Added mini tutorial for sprinting in the Tutorial world.
- Added mini tutorial for eating in the Tutorial world.
- Added Music Disc Quests in the Tutorial world – players can search the world for the 12 chests, each containing one of the Music Discs that can be played in a Jukebox.
- Fix for duplication glitch.
- Fix for aspect ratio of things in hand when in splitscreen mode.
- Fix for issue with player data not saving (player starting world with no items they had when they saved).
- Fix for redstone tiles burning out when they shouldn’t.
- Fixed issue with Minecart with Furnace not being able to move another Minecart.
- Fixed particle code for flipped 3rd person view.
Here is what the newest patch fixes.
- Fix for a crash with pistons at the edge of the world
- Fix for a crash due to a thread safety issue usually caused by pistons
- Fix for issue with operating pistons on chunk boundaries
- Fix for a rendering flicker with active pistons
- Fix for rendering slowdown due to lighting issues
- Fix for rain going through blocks (raining indoors)
- Fix for Marketplace not launching when unlocking skin pack after selecting a locked skin in the trial version of the skin pack
- Fix for bug allowing locked skins to be selected if they are beside a free skin
- Fix for misaligned player scores when viewed under the "My Score" leaderboard filter
- Fix for the constant button press sounds when rotating a character in the skin select screen
- Fix for the constant sound effect played on the sign text entry
- Fix for thunder not being audible
- Fix for third person front view not displaying fire.
Here is a reminder of what the 1.7.3 update brought us.
features to be added:
- Added Pistons & Sticky Pistons.
- Added Stackable fences.
- Added Shears – required to get wool from sheep, and to collect leaf blocks.
- TNT needs Flint and Steel or Redstone to detonate.
- Redstone wire will now connect to a repeater.
- New textures for Cobblestone and Brick.
- Added Character Skin Selector to allow players to choose their skin from the default skins, or from Downloadable Content skin packs.
- Added lighting improvements (brought forward from 1.8.2 update) and snow & rain improvements.
- Added a save file cache to improve the speed of displaying the saves list.
- Added ban list functionality to allow players to self-ban from levels they feel contain offensive content.
- Added a ban list section to the How To Play menus.
- Added an option for the host to limit online games to only players in their friends list (no friends of friends).
- Added a seed display to the level load screen (requires existing levels to be saved out again to add the display).
- Changed the tooltip display setting to in-game tooltip display, so that tooltips always display in menus.
- Added the crosshair to the list of things affected by the opacity slider.
- On using the quickselect bar, the opacity of the quickselect, tooltips, splitscreen gamertag display, and crosshair will be set to 80,
and will fade back down to the user opacity setting after 6 seconds of no quickselect bar use.
- Added some more Tips & Trivia to the loading/saving screen display.
Tutorial World changes & additions:-
- Added optional tutorial for Pistons and Redstone.
- Added a self-building bridge to the castle using Pistons.
- Added some sugar cane, cactii and clay to the world.
- Added a few other things for players to discover.
- Fix for only the host being shown the pop-up when any player attempts to place lava near the spawn point.
- Fixed tooltip for Flint and Steel.
- Fix for Note blocks not showing notes.
- Fix for Leaderboard reads taking too long.
- Fix to block players re-entering a level they have been kicked from, until the level is restarted.
- Fix to stop players being able to join a game when they are not a friend of any player in the game.
- Fix for Netherracks re-appearing after being mined.
- Fix for a rare crash on entering the Nether.
- Fix for attacking enemies at a different level not damaging them.
- Fixed a problem causing some save games not to load.
- Removed Herobrine.
also you missed out fences stacking, it may not seem much, but it saves a LOT of time
Great idea for a thread. Thanks for putting this together.
Nice one keep all the info in one place. Just be sure to keep updating it.
I know one bug fix they're dropping with the update is for when the game freezes on the 'initializing server' screen. I only know this because I've had a few worlds freeze up on me, and asked 4J Studios on Twitter.
bring on pistons! those bad boys are what made minecraft great in my opinion ^^b
New information by the way Avatar Items coming, check the bulletin.
Hopefully this comes out fast this week, so I don't keep joining new maps when I play with my friend.
Why? I dont get it , why should start all over again every time?:o
Charging for pointless stuff like character skins? Makes me glad I still play Total Miner. That came with several included. I won't be buying them, as its not a game changing add on. But the update however, that really does look worth while. But as for sticky pistons, I know you need slimes, and in over 100 hrs, I've never found 1. Guess I won't be using them at all.
Anyway I was talking to the developer at 4J studios and he seemed to be hinting at the fact that the update may not actually be coming this week. Guess we will just have to wait and see.
we always need to wait when no information about the relaease of the update XXD
They said they are hoping for the 13th, testing so going well so it should be within the ten business day margin. Meaning the latest we will probably have to wait is next Monday.
Tell your friend that there's a save option :P
Starting all over again doesn't make sense
As for Slimes, dig to bedrock, and then clear out a huge area, 3 blocks high. I don't get Slimes all the time, but as long as you keep checking, you might come across a few. Light it up with torches so no other mobs spawn, and kill any other creatures you see before you go down to check. There can only be a certain amount of mobs/creatures spawned in at once, and Slimes are rare as it is, so if you kill any others before going down, it improves your chances slightly.
Well that makes sense. But I'm still not buying stuff that won't enhance the game for me. Each to their own though.
I'll give that Slimes trick a go and see what I get from that. Cheers for the help.
|All times are GMT. The time now is 02:51 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.