XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Spec Ops: The Line (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1564)
-   -   Another Spec-Ops!? (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=378270)

AirborneRichard 07-09-2012 04:48 PM

Another Spec-Ops!?
 
So as probly most of us played thru Spec-Ops The Line what you guys think, should Yager make another one, and with Cap. Walker in it again, or just follow the footsteps of a new Delta team?
And what would you like to see in lets call it "Spec-Ops 2" for the moment?
What would you like to see in the next game or what would you like to have changed?
Just give me your oppinions and ideas :)

ChickinOnaChain 07-09-2012 04:51 PM

I'm about half way through this one and I'm really enjoying it. Sure I'd like to see another one, maybe in the same area or in Afghanistan. Or North Korea.

AirborneRichard 07-09-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain (Post 5169460)
I'm about half way through this one and I'm really enjoying it. Sure I'd like to see another one, maybe in the same area or in Afghanistan. Or North Korea.

Good ideas :) A different setting or better said country would sure be welcome, i think after this we seen enough dead & destruction in Dubai to last us a lifetime lol!

Sarsage 07-09-2012 04:59 PM

I'd like to see co-op in the game from the beginning, and a command wheel where you can instruct AI team mates to move to certain places/cover. I don't think it should continue with Captain Walker, he's fucked himself up too much :p There's no water, nobody left to help him and he's gone completely insane.

AirborneRichard 07-09-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarsage (Post 5169475)
I'd like to see co-op in the game from the beginning, and a command wheel where you can instruct AI team mates to move to certain places/cover. I don't think it should continue with Captain Walker, he's fucked himself up too much :p There's no water, nobody left to help him and he's gone completely insane.

That idea with the command wheel is a good one!! :) I might include mabye the posibilty to dodge and roll in the next game, a serious miss in this one it def would have made life abit easier on FUBAR.
And agreed its clear Walker reached the end of the "Line" Altho as an idea i might suggest what about what happend in Kabul between Conrad & Walker? ;) Just an idea. In the story we never heared much about that realy.
So kinda going back in time with Spec-Ops: The Line 2 Kabul.

Sarsage 07-09-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirborneRichard (Post 5169500)
That idea with the command wheel is a good one!! :) I might include mabye the posibilty to dodge and roll in the next game, a serious miss in this one it def would have made life abit easier on FUBAR.
And agreed its clear Walker reached the end of the "Line" Altho as an idea i might suggest what about what happend in Kabul between Conrad & Walker? ;) Just an idea. In the story we never heared much about that realy.
So kinda going back in time with Spec-Ops: The Line 2 Kabul.

The command wheel could have a suppressing fire and throw a grenade option as well. Dodge and roll would work in this game and would be better than sprinting from cover to cover. The Kabul idea would work, but I would like to see some new characters and maybe a new terrain like ice :)

Dz06lt 07-10-2012 12:39 AM

loved the game, hope it sells well enough to warrant a sequel

upindat 07-10-2012 01:09 PM

LOVED this game. I would love to see the next one with co op campaign. would be awesome. keep dreaming.

AirborneRichard 07-10-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarsage (Post 5169941)
The command wheel could have a suppressing fire and throw a grenade option as well. Dodge and roll would work in this game and would be better than sprinting from cover to cover. The Kabul idea would work, but I would like to see some new characters and maybe a new terrain like ice :)

Indeed would be nice, but even if they included Walker & Conrad in the next game, we probly would see a different Delta Team aswell. I could imagine Walker and Conrad just act as side caracters and you get insight how their relationships is and what happend at Kabul, while the main story is about the DELTA team with new caracters.
As a real Spec-Ops team i can,t imagine they would expose themself to that much gunfire as they did in the game, so even the sprinting option as a nice thing i rather would see they realy add dodge and roll next time, i not had problems with the layout for grenades and stuff realy it proved very handy and easy even in the thick of combat, but as you wrote a command wheel would be a great add-on, just to give a bit more freedom and you can order more commands to your team.
I mean next game not have to be bound to Kabul alone, i can imagine they game starts off with delta doing a secret ops mission in the artic or even in a snow covered Russian town. Plenty of ideas to work with i geuss, just depends if Yager sees a future in another Spec-Ops, lets hope they do, oh and yes co-op campaign would be great too!!

Dz06lt 07-10-2012 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upindat (Post 5170851)
LOVED this game. I would love to see the next one with co op campaign. would be awesome. keep dreaming.


Co-op is coming via free DLC

Nevander 07-11-2012 12:05 AM

If they make another one then for goodness sakes fix the horrible AI teammates and add a command wheel to advance, hold, suppress, heal, and crap like that.

CrunchyNachos 07-11-2012 01:21 AM

I think they should make another game like this one. This game was like a summer film, it was short, sweet, fairly basic, but with a fantastic setting and writing that was good enough to keep you entertained the whole way through.

If Yager can make a habit of doing this, I can make a habit of buying their games. I loved all the little details they added in: the models were fantastic, the skyboxes were amazing (huge sucker for skyboxes), and the way Walker became more deranged was excellent.

SgtDjango 07-15-2012 03:33 PM

But please no Walker,he suffered enough,someone else

AirborneRichard 07-15-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SgtDjango (Post 5179693)
But please no Walker,he suffered enough,someone else

Haha you can say that depends how you end your game, he either totaly lost it and get brought in by his own, or he shot himself in the head, or just goes totaly rampage killing everything that dare to stand in his way.

The Splatterpus 07-19-2012 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirborneRichard (Post 5179858)
Haha you can say that depends how you end your game, he either totaly lost it and get brought in by his own, or he shot himself in the head, or just goes totaly rampage killing everything that dare to stand in his way.

Either way you end it, I don't think Walker will be ready for active duty again by the time Spec-Ops 2: comes out... better make that never ready for duty again ever.

Ehrenfried 07-19-2012 10:55 AM

Who says that a second spec ops would have the same main"hero" Walker?
Even if they would take the ending where he lives, this guy will be court marshalled,
and will rot in a cell or getting the needle.

I would love a new spec ops, with an other story, a new "hero", and made from another book (the story was HEAVILY copied/influenced by the book Heart of Darkness and the developers have seen Apocalypse now too many times ^^)

It was a great game with an phantastic story, the book was almost perfect added to the story and the Zeitgeist we live in.
I never thought that a german developer could make such aawesome game.
I don'T know who said it, but i think it was here on the board, some user made the perfect statement to the game: "I've never shot so many american soldiers in my life"
Spec Ops the Line is one of the best 3PShooters i've ever played.
The story was so gutwrenching, so "high Level" US military critic, this game deserves another one like this.

AgentOrange330 07-19-2012 04:30 PM

This is the first Spec Ops I've ever played. Is Captain Walker the same guy as in the previous Spec Ops or is he a new character? If it is new then I suppose they could make a prequel of his time with Konrad in Kabul. That could be pretty good. I loved this game and would definitely welcome another one. Someone mentioned free dlc. Is there any word on any kind of substaintial dlc coming, possibly with achievements?

Murgatroyd7 07-22-2012 09:51 AM

BIG SPOILER ALERT


It sounds like some of you guys don't quite understand the storyline in this game. Walker doesn't survive in ANY of the endings. He's dead for the entire game. The only time he is ever actually alive is during the opening scene in the helicopter; the rest of the game takes place in his head. It'd be like making a Sixth Sense 2. There will surely be more Spec Ops games, but they certainly won't involve Walker and they probably won't have a similar storyline (I do think they would use a lot of elements, however, mainly the focus on morality).

Jake317 07-23-2012 01:04 PM

A Sequel?
 
Not sure about a sequel to Spec Ops: The Line, this was an amazing game by all means, Martin Walker being dead takes away the main character, so they'd have to base it on another team. I would love to think that a sequel could be made, the story was amazing and if 2K Games can expand on this, I'd be pre-ordering as early as possible. Even if a sequel is not made, I'm curious to see what 2K Games does in the future.

Murgatroyd7 07-23-2012 10:22 PM

For what it's worth, the writer for this game has been working at 2K for years and was a writer for the first BioShock. If they put him on more projects, I think we can expect a lot of great storylines from 2K in the future.

Dz06lt 07-24-2012 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murgatroyd7 (Post 5191633)
BIG SPOILER ALERT


It sounds like some of you guys don't quite understand the storyline in this game. Walker doesn't survive in ANY of the endings. He's dead for the entire game. The only time he is ever actually alive is during the opening scene in the helicopter; the rest of the game takes place in his head. It'd be like making a Sixth Sense 2. There will surely be more Spec Ops games, but they certainly won't involve Walker and they probably won't have a similar storyline (I do think they would use a lot of elements, however, mainly the focus on morality).


I do not beleive this is exactly true, if i recall a recent interview with the writer this is only a possibility not confirmed its up to the player to take what they will from the game

Murgatroyd7 07-24-2012 12:20 PM

That's not what he said in the last few interviews I read and listened to. Several times now, he has straight up said that Walker is dead the entire game and trapped in a sort of purgatory. I've been following this game pretty closely since finishing it and I have yet to see him state anything to the contrary. Some things are left open to interpretation, sure, but the story was meant to be taken a certain way.

Here's one of the more interesting interviews I've come across:
http://www.gamespot.com/features/gam...-line-6386587/

Arenazombie 12-05-2012 06:02 PM

I think the next Spec Ops could be placed in an african civil war. Probably a conflict between muslims and christians. I think this scenario is on one hand good for great environments and on the other hand good for a lot of questionable moral decisions. I like how this game don't has like a black and white sheme, like the US soldiers are the good guys and your enemies are the bad guys, so I would want a sequel to be the same.

TheInventinator 05-03-2013 10:43 AM

If they are to make another spec ops, it needs not to be connected to this one. The story of Dubai is done and should not be re looked at. I would like to see another spec ops but I am sensing it would be quite difficult since we will be expected a BIG twist or Mind melting decision that goes wrong.
Still Spec Ops showed that developers are still willing to take risks, and the industry needs more of that.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.