XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Halo 4 (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2257)
-   -   Halo 4 Xbox 360 Console Confirmed (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=378741)

iBuzz7S 07-13-2012 12:55 AM

Halo 4 Xbox 360 Console Confirmed
 
Quote:

  • Exclusive design: Limited-edition, one-of-a-kind console was custom designed by the Halo 4 developer, 343 Industries, and Xbox 360.
  • Two custom Halo 4 wireless controllers: High-performance controllers boast a range of up to 30 feet and come with a rotating D-pad and blue LED lights.
  • Halo 4 Standard Edition game: Begin the Halo Reclaimer saga right out of the box.
  • Exclusive sounds: Hear actual Halo 4 in-game sound effects when console is turned on and when the eject button is pushed.
  • Largest hard drive available: The 320-GB hard drive offers more space for game add-ons and downloadable content, and more memory to store all of your entertainment.
  • Custom downloadable content: Receive a code to download Halo 4 content from Xbox LIVE, including unique armor skin, unique weapon skin, unique emblem, matching avatar armor, and unique avatar prop.
  • Black Xbox 360 headset: Chat with friends on Xbox LIVE, or team up and jump in with multiplayer gameplay.


http://loudmouthedgamers.com/blog/wp...-4-console.jpg

http://loudmouthedgamers.com/blog/wp...controller.jpg

The console was announced prematurely, so the page has been removed. Funny how this isn't the first time someone at Microsoft has prematurely revealed something. Someone really needs to hire better people to work there.

Anyway, this console looks bad-ass! Not a fan of just a regular, black headset, but whatever floats Microsoft's boat.

Source: loudmouthgamer

DarkReign2021 07-13-2012 01:41 AM

I have to say I'm extremely disappointed in Microsoft for doing this. So close to the next generation of consoles and they actually think they can get away with releasing another console? At the very least they need to offer a trade-in incentive for the regular 360 slim toward this one. My slim is too new to even consider buying another console now.

CaRo 07-13-2012 01:46 AM

That console looks pretty amazing. I love the colors on it, I may just have to break down and sell my current one when this comes out because it cools sweet. The blue is just really nice! Nice find :)

DividedbyN1ght 07-13-2012 01:56 AM

The bundle was listed with a retail price of $399.99 before it was taken down. Source

I don't think it's worth that price because I agree with DarkReign2021.

iBuzz7S 07-13-2012 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 (Post 5175542)
At the very least they need to offer a trade-in incentive for the regular 360 slim toward this one.

I'm sure certain retailers will offer some sort of trade-in deal. Besides, it's not up to Microsoft anyway. :p

DividedbyN1ght 07-13-2012 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iBuzz7S (Post 5175580)
I'm sure certain retailers will offer some sort of trade-in deal. Besides, it's not up to Microsoft anyway. :p

The bundle is available for pre-order on Microsoftís online store for $399.99. [Update: Looks like the product listing has been removed for now.]

It's up to Microsoft if the system is only sold through the Microsoft Store.

IGN

Veedrock 07-13-2012 02:14 AM

Man that looks awesome, I'm a sucker for non-standard LED colors...but I have the Reach console so I'll have to give this a pass. With luck the controller will be available separately so I can at least grab that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DividedbyN1ght
The bundle is available for pre-order on Microsoft’s online store for $399.99. [Update: Looks like the product listing has been removed for now.]

Surely it will be available through other vendors as well, Microsoft is just the one that let it slip. The other retailers can choose whether or not to have a trade-in offer of their own.

Rep 07-13-2012 02:15 AM

The console and controllers look amazing, but like Reign had stated about the new gen consoles that are right around the corner, I don't thinking buying this would be the brightest of ideas.

Veedrock 07-13-2012 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkReign2021
I have to say I'm extremely disappointed in Microsoft for doing this. So close to the next generation of consoles and they actually think they can get away with releasing another console?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rep (Post 5175587)
The console and controllers look amazing, but like Reign had stated about the new gen consoles that are right around the corner, I don't thinking buying this would be the brightest of ideas.

Why not? It's not like you won't need your 360 when the next Xbox comes out, unless you're getting rid of your library too. But then you may as well argue that they're trying to get away with releasing "another Halo" this close to next gen.

DEG23 07-13-2012 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 (Post 5175542)
I have to say I'm extremely disappointed in Microsoft for doing this. So close to the next generation of consoles and they actually think they can get away with releasing another console?

Not sure what you mean by that, i'm sure there are people who will buy it, not everyone is planning on buying the next gen the day it releases so it is possible that people will be playing their 360's for 18+ months from now. Also how is a custom console any different to a collector's edition of a game (besides the obvious price tag). If people are a fan of the franchise or console collectors, than MS will shift more than a few.

I personally have no need for another console right now, but if something were to happen to mine, this might be worthwhile picking up for the sake of having a collector's item.

Veedrock 07-13-2012 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DEG23 (Post 5175604)
I personally have no need for another console right now, but if something were to happen to mine, this might be worthwhile picking up for the sake of having a collector's item.

Ehh, not to burst your bubble but the appeal of it being "collectible" wears off pretty fast, but it's still really nice to look at and use something other than a generic black box. The custom sounds (and blue LEDs in this case) definitely help in that department. IDK if I could ever go back to a plain console, the beeps and dings would drive me bananas after growing fond of the subtle shield sounds my console makes.

DEG23 07-13-2012 02:51 AM

I was thinking more of something you can show off and brag to others, but i guess you're right, in this case the word 'collectible' is used more as a marketing tool than anything.

Just to be clear, when you say 'subtle shield sounds' do you mean your console makes a sound similar to the shields recharging or am i just getting excited:p

DividedbyN1ght 07-13-2012 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DEG23 (Post 5175635)
I was thinking more of something you can show off and brag to others, but i guess you're right, in this case the word 'collectible' is used more as a marketing tool than anything.

Just to be clear, when you say 'subtle shield sounds' do you mean your console makes a sound similar to the shields recharging or am i just getting excited:p

The system itself has an exclusive Halo design in addition to custom sounds when itís turned on or when a disc is ejected. According to IGN

fastNcurious 07-13-2012 03:03 AM

I guess I'm in the minority when I say it looks like a mess. Way too many lines. There's something to be said for simplicity, and striking a balance. I think they went slightly too far in the opposite direction. Just my opinion.

iBuzz7S 07-13-2012 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DividedbyN1ght (Post 5175584)
It's up to Microsoft if the system is only sold through the Microsoft Store.

No? What's stopping any retailer from purchasing in bulk and re-selling it?

Besides, Microsoft knows how overpriced their own stores are. Let other retailers do the job.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DividedbyN1ght (Post 5175649)
The system itself has an exclusive Halo design in addition to custom sounds when itís turned on or when a disc is ejected. According to IGN

Why you linked IGN is beyond hilarious for me, when the OP clearly says that the console has its own sounds, similar to the Reach console.

Do IGN send out its own employees to gaming forums to link back to them or do you just find IGN to be the most credible source?

DividedbyN1ght 07-13-2012 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastNcurious (Post 5175657)
I guess I'm in the minority when I say it looks like a mess. Way too many lines. There's something to be said for simplicity, and striking a balance. I think they went slightly too far in the opposite direction. Just my opinion.

If they took off the "halo 4" off the controller I would never of guessed that it has to do with with "Halo 4." It looks just like another system and controller skin you put on yourself. I think the design is a little generic, nothing stands out on it.

Veedrock 07-13-2012 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DEG23
Just to be clear, when you say 'subtle shield sounds' do you mean your console makes a sound similar to the shields recharging or am i just getting excited

Listen for yourself :D Eject/close is shield recharge, on/off is grabbing one of the powerups I believe (my Reach memory is a bit hazy though).

The Halo 4 console will have its own sounds though, hopefully they're as good. The Gears of War 3 console also had custom sounds, and while the on/off is awesome, I can't even make out what the open/close is because it's so faint.

EDIT @below: The novelty on my Reach sounds hasn't worn off in the slightest. Like I said, waaaay better than beeps and dings.

DEG23 07-13-2012 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iBuzz7S (Post 5175665)
Why you linked IGN is beyond hilarious for me, when the OP clearly says that the console has its own sounds, similar to the Reach console.

Do IGN send out its own employees to gaming forums to link back to them or do you just find IGN to be the most credible source?

That was partly my fault, i completely skipped the part about the sounds in your OP. I'm tempted to buy it just for that. I'm a sucker for all the gimmicky crap but i'm sure the novelty would wear off quick:p

DividedbyN1ght 07-13-2012 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iBuzz7S (Post 5175665)
No? What's stopping any retailer from purchasing in bulk and re-selling it?

Besides, Microsoft knows how overpriced their own stores are. Let other retailers do the job.

Why would the retailer sell it for less and lose money?


Quote:

Originally Posted by iBuzz7S (Post 5175665)
Why you linked IGN is beyond hilarious for me, when the OP clearly says that the console has its own sounds, similar to the Reach console.

Do IGN send out its own employees to gaming forums to link back to them or do you just find IGN to be the most credible source?

No I posted IGN to show where I got the info from. To show that I didn't pull the $399.99 price out of thin air. Can you find a more credible source? Try Kotaku It says the same thing as IGN.

iBuzz7S 07-13-2012 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DividedbyN1ght (Post 5175682)
Why would the retailer sell it for less and lose money?

Because they can afford to? Besides, when buying in bulk, you would always end up saving more money.

CMCX360 07-13-2012 03:53 AM

Oh my god, that is beautiful. My Halo Reach console will suffice though. I have to pick up one of those controllers though.

DividedbyN1ght 07-13-2012 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iBuzz7S (Post 5175709)
Because they can afford to? Besides, when buying in bulk, you would always end up saving more money.

Can you provide a source that states Microsoft is selling the system in bulks? Until I can read that from a legitimate source, I think you pulled that idea out of thin air.

Veedrock 07-13-2012 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DividedbyN1ght (Post 5175728)
Can you provide a source that states Microsoft is selling the system in bulks? Until I can read that from a legitimate source, I think you pulled that idea out of thin air.

Can you find me a source that says Microsoft will be the only provider of the console? It leaked on Microsoft's site, that does not mean Gamestop, Best Buy, etc will not be carrying it. Stuff leaks on Amazon all the time, do you take that at face value and assume Amazon is the only provider because of it?

DividedbyN1ght 07-13-2012 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veedrock (Post 5175732)
Can you find me a source that says Microsoft will be the only provider of the console? It leaked on Microsoft's site, that does not mean Gamestop, Best Buy, etc will not be carrying it. Stuff leaks on Amazon all the time, do you take that at face value and assume Amazon is the only provider because of it?

I'm not the one who started this. iBuzz couldn't figure out why I posted IGN under information I got from their website? I explained why I posted the source and provided an additional source.

What you think I may or may not believe is irrelevant. I provided sources and an answer to his question. I have yet to see his source and trying to answer a question aimed towards some else with your own question further proves that he has no answer or a source.

yourbreakfast99 07-13-2012 04:16 AM

i only want the controller because im fine with my white regular xbox 360

Veedrock 07-13-2012 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DividedbyN1ght (Post 5175748)
I'm not the one who started this. iBuzz couldn't figure out why I posted IGN under information I got from their website? I explained why I posted the source and provided an additional source.

What you think I may or may not believe is irrelevant. I provided sources and an answer to his question. I have yet to see his source and trying to answer a question aimed towards some else with your own question further proves that he has no answer or a source.

I don't see a source for Microsoft being the only provider, which is what you're stating. If you didn't know, if Gamestop, EB Games or any other retailer carries these consoles, they bought them in bulk from Microsoft (who makes Xbox...and owns Halo...).

See here's the problem: you assume Microsoft is the only provider, with that as "fact" you can disprove Buzz. Buzz on the other hand assumes Microsoft will not be the only provider, thus with that assumption you're wrong.

But see, his assumption is way more reasonable because, well, most every video game on the market is available from multiple retailers. For example, you can buy Halo 4 Limited Edition at Gamestop, Amazon, even Microsoft. On the other hand, you're taking a leak at face value, which means every unknown (including other vendors) is automatically false, and claim to be right.

So yes, way more reasonable to assume Gamestop, EB Games, etc (among others) will carry the system too. If they do carry the system, they bought it in bulk from Microsoft. Additionally if they carry the system, they can make their own personal trade-in deals.

I don't know how to make that any clearer.

DividedbyN1ght 07-13-2012 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veedrock (Post 5175760)
I don't see a source for Microsoft being the only provider, which is what you're stating. If you didn't know, if Gamestop, EB Games or any other retailer carries these consoles, they bought them in bulk from Microsoft (who makes Xbox...and owns Halo...).

See here's the problem: you assume Microsoft is the only provider, with that as "fact" you can disprove Buzz. Buzz on the other hand assumes Microsoft will not be the only provider, thus with that assumption you're wrong.

But see, his assumption is way more reasonable because, well, most every video game on the market is available from multiple retailers. For example, you can buy Halo 4 Limited Edition at Gamestop, Amazon, even Microsoft. On the other hand, you're taking a leak at face value, which means every unknown (including other vendors) is automatically false, and claim to be right.

So yes, way more reasonable to assume Gamestop, EB Games, etc (among others) will carry the system too. If they do carry the system, they bought it in bulk from Microsoft. Additionally if they carry the system, they can make their own personal trade-in deals.

I don't know how to make that any clearer.

The original question I posted, that was aimed towards iBuzz, now aimed at you has yet to be answered or a source provided.

Can you show me one of my quotes that says "Microsoft is the only provider that is going to sell the Halo 4 collector's edition system?" You ASSUMED that that was what I was saying. Back to my original question aimed at you now, show me a source that says Microsoft is selling the Halo 4 collector's edition system to other retailers in bulks.

Show me one of my quotes that "you assume Microsoft is the only provider" proves that I made that assumption as you put it. You say "Buzz on the other hand assumes Microsoft will not be the only provider" I see no ACTUAL evidence of that system being sold in bulks. Which brings us back to my original question, provide a source saying that that system is being sold in bulks to other retailers.

You assume that since "most every video game on the market is available from multiple retailers" that the Halo 4 collector's edition console will be too. Yes, you can buy Halo 4 collector's edition at other retailers, but show me that same fact about that console being sold in bulks. Since you were blessed with the ability to tell me what I mean behind my own words (you assume Microsoft is the only provider), How I perceive information (you're taking a leak at face value) then why absolutely everything in what you stated is nothing but an assumption?

more reasonable to assume Gamestop, EB Games, etc (among others) will carry the system - Your assumption

If they do carry the system, they bought it in bulk from Microsoft - Another assumption

which is what you're stating - And again another assumption

Gamestop, EB Games or any other retailer carries these consoles, they bought them in bulk from Microsoft - Assumption

All you did was provide your own assumptions, one after the other, what's clear is that you have avoided my original question again.

Now, I ask you yet again, Can you provide a source that states Microsoft is selling the system in bulks?

StillTIPPIN187 07-13-2012 05:43 AM

I have to give MS props.. They are aboslutely horrible at making non generic first party games.. Aside from Halo and Forza.. But they have gotten considerable better with making these special editon consoles since the slim version debuted..

Halo Reach was amazing for its time.. But Gears 3 topped that.. Then Modern Warfare 3 topped that.. and now Halo 4 is blowing away them all.. Im very impressed with it..

Id serisiouly consider selling all my stuff (not at gamestop like a idiot ofcourse) and get around 300 at the most.. for everything including some of the games i have 1K'd already..

But im not sure really.. Plain black is just really sleek and clean with my all black setup..

Amazing console none the less..

The Duke of Darkness 07-13-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veedrock (Post 5175676)
Listen for yourself :D Eject/close is shield recharge, on/off is grabbing one of the powerups I believe (my Reach memory is a bit hazy though).

The Halo 4 console will have its own sounds though, hopefully they're as good. The Gears of War 3 console also had custom sounds, and while the on/off is awesome, I can't even make out what the open/close is because it's so faint.

EDIT @below: The novelty on my Reach sounds hasn't worn off in the slightest. Like I said, waaaay better than beeps and dings.

The Gears 3 console open/close sound is the "end of wave sound"

Jawsant 07-13-2012 12:43 PM

I'm in no need for a new Xbox so I hope Microsoft release's the controllers separately. It looks great though!


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.