XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wreckateer (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2686)
-   -   Gold Wrecked Level Discussion (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=380892)

Thee Elf 07-29-2012 12:00 AM

Gold Wrecked Level Discussion
 
Figured I would create a thread specifically for discussing how to obtain gold wrecked on any level questioned. Anyone have any tips for 4-4? Seem to be struggling on this one. Thanks in advance,

EDIT: Finally got 4-4. Had no problems through 5-3 so far.

Thee Elf 07-31-2012 12:16 AM

Anyone have any tips for getting Gold on Mission 8-1 with 3 Flying Shots and the 4 overhangs? I can't ever seem to wreck the entire castle and wondering if there is something I am overlooking. Thanks in advance,

Thrifty SiMON 07-31-2012 10:20 AM

King's Palace
 
I need help with the last mission where you have to wreck the king's final palace/castle. It's the last mission I need to get the silver medal on all missions achievement. Only problem is: how do I replay it? I really can't find it anywhere, and I'm starting to get worried whether this might be a glitch or not, because I've got silver or higher on all missions 1-1 throguh 10-5, but still no achievement for completing all missions with silver medal :(

Please help!

Thee Elf 07-31-2012 03:17 PM

I don't know for certain but i wonder if challenge map 10 is the kings castle. I still haven't got 8-1 yet but did finish all of 9 and started golding 10.

Shakezoola 07-31-2012 03:38 PM

Currently the only way to replay the kings map after you finished the campaign is to hold a right handed salute (make sure your left arm is down) in the level select screen for about 10 seconds.

Shakezoola 07-31-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thee Elf (Post 5204938)
I don't know for certain but i wonder if challenge map 10 is the kings castle. I still haven't got 8-1 yet but did finish all of 9 and started golding 10.

I'm not 100% certain (I don't have the game in front of me right now) but if 8-1 is the one I'm thinking it is, with the arches following a winding road up to the castle. I believe I started out going for the left side of the castle and got the point icons on the tops of the arches along the way. Then I went for the right side of the castle and got the point icon and the hot goblin on the way. Finally I went up the middle and got the 10ks in the tight corridors along the way.

Hope that helps.

Thee Elf 07-31-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shakezoola (Post 5204986)
I'm not 100% certain (I don't have the game in front of me right now) but if 8-1 is the one I'm thinking it is, with the arches following a winding road up to the castle. I believe I started out going for the left side of the castle and got the point icons on the tops of the arches along the way. Then I went for the right side of the castle and got the point icon and the hot goblin on the way. Finally I went up the middle and got the 10ks in the tight corridors along the way.

Hope that helps.

I'll try it out tonight. I started off my first shot with the way you described your 2nd shot. I tried nailing the bottom of the tallest tower through the front at the base hoping for a collapse destroying the other towers or igniting the TNT blast but it never happens. Where exactly do you hit with your shots?

Shakezoola 07-31-2012 04:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thee Elf (Post 5205006)
I'll try it out tonight. I started off my first shot with the way you described your 2nd shot. I tried nailing the bottom of the tallest tower through the front at the base hoping for a collapse destroying the other towers or igniting the TNT blast but it never happens. Where exactly do you hit with your shots?

Again, I don't have the game in front of me right now know so my memory might be a little fuzzy, but on the left side of the castle I tried to land the shot on the right side of the tower next to the wall. On the right I dove right in between the goblins and the tower behind them. The middle I just centered my shot around whatever was left. Here's a quick sketch in paint from what I remember, hopefully its not too off.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...1&d=1343753166

Red box - Satchel charges
Green box - Goblins
Red stars - impact points.

Thee Elf 07-31-2012 10:56 PM

Wow. Shot #1 was my biggest mistake. I would try to go in the front and hang a left toward the #1 spot and hit the tower at the base. Going on the outside from the left made all the different when I hit it at that mark. First try gold with that method. Feel like an idiot now. 1 more level in 8 and 4 more in 10.

ferrara316 07-31-2012 11:28 PM

any tips on 6-3. This level sucks so bad!

Thee Elf 08-01-2012 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferrara316 (Post 5205693)
any tips on 6-3. This level sucks so bad!

Here's how I did it:

http://i47.tinypic.com/20h215k.png

Shot #1 & #2: Don't go through the 5K icons (for shots #3 & #4). You want to barely clip the front pillar in the path so that it knocks it down then you get the Lightning Shield to boost and destroy the back walls.

Shot #3: Regular shot just aim to take out the wall with the TNT brick.

Shot #4: Aim toward the other wall with the TNT but more toward the center and detonate right as you get near the wall.

Shot #5: Shoot low and fast to hit the front center pillar and wait to detonate until you reach the back building.

*NOTE* I never used the lightning shield high and in the center. Hopefully this makes sense and helps.

Thee Elf 08-01-2012 01:43 AM

Does anyone have any solid tips for 1,000,000 on Mission 10-5. Last one I need and just can't seem to get it. Thanks in advance

EDIT: Disregard finally got it netting 1,001,XXX. lol
Just golded Challenge Map 10 and now realized that I have to also gold the King's Palace before I get my final achievement.

EDIT 2: Woohoo! 400/400! King's Palace wasn't too bad.

Frostbite 08-04-2012 02:51 AM

I feel like an idiot I need help on gold for 3-5. Ive tried and tried and I can barley get Silver. Please help.

LeiChat 08-05-2012 02:59 PM

For 3-5 try going for the left dynamite tower first, if you swing wide to the left and curve it back in you can also hit the top left castle by activating the final lift at the right moment.
Then with your second shot aim left of the front right dynamite tower and lift and curve it so that you also hit the back right dynamite tower. This leaves you plenty of shots to go for the remaining stuff. Try and catch the balloon hanging goblin on the way up too.

With all the levels the key is working out how to get your multiplier up but in a way that your higher destructive scoring shots come later and benefit from the higher multiplier.

That said, I'm having no luck on 5-5, very similar scores from all three shots. Any tips please?

LeiChat 08-05-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thee Elf (Post 5205873)
Does anyone have any solid tips for 1,000,000 on Mission 10-5. Last one I need and just can't seem to get it. Thanks in advance

EDIT: Disregard finally got it netting 1,001,XXX. lol
Just golded Challenge Map 10 and now realized that I have to also gold the King's Palace before I get my final achievement.

Care to share what you did on them both please? ;)

Goots 88 08-07-2012 12:14 AM

For the life of me I can not seem to get gold on 6-1. Any tips or suggestions? Thanks.

MuscularTea 08-07-2012 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeiChat (Post 5212554)
For 3-5 try going for the left dynamite tower first, if you swing wide to the left and curve it back in you can also hit the top left castle by activating the final lift at the right moment.
Then with your second shot aim left of the front right dynamite tower and lift and curve it so that you also hit the back right dynamite tower. This leaves you plenty of shots to go for the remaining stuff. Try and catch the balloon hanging goblin on the way up too.

With all the levels the key is working out how to get your multiplier up but in a way that your higher destructive scoring shots come later and benefit from the higher multiplier.

That said, I'm having no luck on 5-5, very similar scores from all three shots. Any tips please?

For 5-5 I went from left to right, and for the middle one I made sure when I grabbed the hot goblin I slammed that hand down so I would explode right away. So on the third shot I just barely slipped past bronze and then the 4x bonus kicked in and pushed me 40k over gold.

Sevendust94 08-07-2012 03:13 AM

Mulligan as many shots as you can......those points actually do add up big time.

LeiChat 08-07-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuscularTea (Post 5214557)
For 5-5 I went from left to right, and for the middle one I made sure when I grabbed the hot goblin I slammed that hand down so I would explode right away. So on the third shot I just barely slipped past bronze and then the 4x bonus kicked in and pushed me 40k over gold.

Thanks. Took a few goes and was just under Bronze after the third shot but the 4x did the job.

LeiChat 08-07-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thee Elf (Post 5205846)
Shot #5: Shoot low and fast to hit the front center pillar and wait to detonate until you reach the back building.

*NOTE* I never used the lightning shield high and in the center. Hopefully this makes sense and helps.

How did you get that last shot all the way to the back without using the speed shield?
I've destroyed a fair bit of that centre wall be shooting 3 and 4 slightly closer but shot 5 always explodes short of that final castle. :(

Goots 88 08-07-2012 08:56 PM

Any 6-1 tips. Best I got was barely Silver. Haven't had trouble with any other levels past challenge Map 7, but this one for some reason has me stumped. I feel like i'm not getting enough on my first shot or playing it all wrong. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Little 3vil 08-07-2012 11:57 PM

Barely getting Silver on level 6-1....and I read 6-3 is the hardest. Tips on both levels would be great. Thanks

Goots 88 08-08-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little 3vil (Post 5215902)
Barely getting Silver on level 6-1....and I read 6-3 is the hardest. Tips on both levels would be great. Thanks

See paint diagram above for tips on level 6-3.

Jose Bear 08-08-2012 10:16 PM

I can't even get Silver on 10-5.

Any tips would be awesome.

Thanks.

Goots 88 08-11-2012 01:46 PM

Seriously... no one has beaten 6-1??? I have tried at least 100 times and only keep getting silver...

EDIT: FINALLLLLLLLY!!! I knew as soon as I posted on here I would of got it.

ferrara316 08-11-2012 04:53 PM

10-5 is awful, any tips?

Frostbite 08-11-2012 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goots 88 (Post 5222044)
Seriously... no one has beaten 6-1??? I have tried at least 100 times and only keep getting silver...

EDIT: FINALLLLLLLLY!!! I knew as soon as I posted on here I would of got it.

You did it, now do you think you can help me out? I have leveled EVERYTHING and I still only get a silver. :-(

Goots 88 08-13-2012 01:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frostbite (Post 5223142)
You did it, now do you think you can help me out? I have leveled EVERYTHING and I still only get a silver. :-(

1) Lift Shot - shoot as hard as you can towards the left side of the map. Keep swiping the shot back to the right to get curveball and lineup with left most dynamite satchel. This should take part of that front building down, the tower behind it, and hit the dynamite satchel in the back, should get roughly 40,000 points plus a x3 destruction multiplier giving you around 120,000 points. (If need be waste your first shot then use a mulligan to add an additional 5,000 for the Green Do Over! Bonus)
2) Speed Shot - Aim for the dynamite directly in front of you, you want to make contact just a little right of it. If needed hold hand in salute position for a birds eye. You are going to want to make sure you hit the rectangle tower all the way in the back after taking out the wall in the front.
3) Lift Shot - Hit the tall tower on the hill on the left most side of the map.
4) Basic shot - Go for the last tower standing in the back. Should be "L" shaped at this point. You want to hit the tower just right of the dynamite satchel. I aimed for the window on the bottom of the right tower just right of dynamite.

Quick paint sketch attached. At work so hopefully you can get the idea. Some things don't excatly lineup and I'm sure proportions are off. Let me know if you need any other explanation.

uglytruth 08-14-2012 02:57 AM

8-5
 
Can anyone help with 8-5. Have tried various combinations but only silver so far.

PianoNE0 08-14-2012 02:49 PM

hello and if anyone collects all pictures and published in a post for each level and so is organized


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.