XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2749)
-   -   Achievement Discussion (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=384204)

Shiftie 08-17-2012 06:43 AM

Achievement Discussion

Check out the achievement list here: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g.../achievements/
I've always wanted to be a Bazillionaire!

SUBJECT BK201 08-17-2012 03:20 PM

Bit dissapointed with the achievements actually. I wanted them to be a little more difficult or thought provoking, inventive. Like 'Perform a single combo that uses 3 or 4 methods of tagging'. Sounds difficult at first, but its not if you think about it closely.. Or 'Complete all Fight Lab chapters with an S rank' even. 'Perform 5 team specific tag combinations' that would at least make you want to explore more the characters relationships. 'Perform a Tag Assault combination with your buddy that does over 72 damage using pair-play' Stuff like that would go some way to make the game be approached more with some thought or intelligence rather than mash a quick 1000 and get rid of the game because theres nothing left. I hope Harada-san considers adding a trial mode DLC. I'd like to see some trials with some JFSR/EWGF's Like Tekken 6 had (kind of). At least you would kind of get to see a lot of the elements in the game that you don't notice are there. On the plus side though, this being easier means i will spend more time in the practice/online than dealing with these tasks.

guillermo316 08-17-2012 03:39 PM

The trophy for doing all the combos in fight lab might be hard.

SUBJECT BK201 08-17-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guillermo316 (Post 5231353)
The trophy for doing all the combos in fight lab might be hard.

I have a feeling they won't considering all the dumbed down inputs.. or maybe they'll make you do some kind of trial mode with the Combot using original inputs.. i hope thats a possibility.

Plym 08-19-2012 02:31 AM

Little disappointing to see that it might be even easier than Tekken 6 to 100%.

Warpath Wolf 08-19-2012 01:00 PM

Don't know how hard some of them will be, like all combos in the fight lab. I don't mind a moderate list.

Dead Herb 08-19-2012 07:27 PM

Looks easy enough but unlike many games its the longevity of playing the game long after getting the achievements that im looking forward to.

TG Wolf 08-20-2012 06:15 AM

What I like is that there is few online achievements.
I like playing online but I don't like feeling I'm being forced to.

Hanzo Zer0 08-21-2012 02:31 AM

Wow...I know i can knock out atleast 20 of these in one sitting.

MarkoSkater 09-04-2012 12:22 AM

cheevos for this seem alot easier then that of tekken 6.

but hey long as nancy not in tag2...Happy days!

(shakes fist at screen) damn you nancy!!! you stopped me from 100%

WREQUIEM 09-04-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkoSkater (Post 5256197)
cheevos for this seem alot easier then that of tekken 6.

but hey long as nancy not in tag2...Happy days!

(shakes fist at screen) damn you nancy!!! you stopped me from 100%

Probably late for this quick tip buuuut.
If you use Law the fight is kinda easy. Just flip kick and repeat.

SUBJECT BK201 09-07-2012 06:05 PM

Some tips for people when they get their hands on the game:

When going for money (stuff kind of costs alot in the game on a per character basis), some of the quicker methods i have found involve playing arcade mode (i played on default settings with my main team). One run there yields over 2,000,000 (you get 2mil for completing the game on top of what you earn through the battles.
EDIT: Correction, you're only getting that 2 million the first time through arcade mode, you will not recieve it using the same team again.

Fight Labs' stage 5 Boss Battle can net you around 200,000-260,000G and its pretty easy to S rank if you have a good choice of moves (you only really need no more than 6 to achieve that. However, depending on the moves you use to complete the stage will affect how much development points you can earn. Weaker moves in your juggle = more dev. points. Using more damaging moves will just let you finish the stage quicker at the cost of less dev. points but yielding a little more gold. This battle can be finished in as little as 70 seconds. Averaging about 230,000G + 50,000DP every 80 seconds.

Ghost battle is the place to be to unlock the character specific customize items. You can average around 44,000-52,000G per fight. You can also unlock ending movies this way too. After a while you will notice a gold title on the opponent selection, picking this and winning the battle will give you 1-2 customize items, character panel (depending on your rank) and an ending movie. I've unlocked around 15 movies on my main profile and i've not played arcade mode once yet.

Killbomb 09-08-2012 10:06 PM

From the vids I've been watching, it looks like you can unlock quite a few achievements in either practice or versus modes.

SUBJECT BK201 09-08-2012 10:46 PM

You can actually do nearly half the list in practice alone. Anything combat mechanic related can be done in practice mode. Tag crashes, 62 damage, reversals, 10-strings, tag assault, tag combo, bounds and escaping Alisa's uf+1+2 throw. Literally everything.

kzone1991 09-09-2012 09:15 AM

Has anyone figured out a "Great" combo?

bedulus 09-09-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kzone1991 (Post 5263744)
Has anyone figured out a "Great" combo?

Yea, perform a special tag specific combo
Character will have blue sparks during special combos
Here a few

Jin/Devil jin
Special tag in: ub+5
Special combo: Jin Omen 1+2~5, Devil Jin 2~U, 3, Jin 2
(auto switch of character and no tag input required)
(character will perform special move with simple input, no extra directional input required)

Jack6/Bryan
Special combo: Jack6 d+1+2~5, 2 (auto connect to fisherman slam)

Alisa/Xiaoyu
Special combo: Alisa ff+4~5 (xiaoyu will auto followup)

Jin/Asuka
Special combo: Jin b+1+2(on hit)~5, Asuka 2, Jin 3, Asuka 1+2
(character will perform special move with simple input, no extra directional input required)

Anna/Nina
Special winning pose
Special combo: Nina hcf,DB+2+3~5, Anna 1+2, Nina 3+4, Anna 2+3

Hwoarang/Baek
Special combo: Baek u+3+4~5, hwoarang 3,4,3, df+3+4 then baek auto take over, no tag input required (edited)

Law/Paul
Special combo: Law f+2~1~5, paul 2,2, law 1
(auto switch of character, no tag input required)

Kazuya/Jinpachi
Special combo: Kazuya ws+2~5, Jinpachi 1,1,2, Kazuya 2 > 1
(auto switch of character, no tag input required)

xD Rick 09-11-2012 11:32 AM

Thank you very much for these combos, friend.
I was about to ask.

Tapion 09-11-2012 06:01 PM

Thanks for the list, gonna have to try these out.

MM2313 09-11-2012 09:24 PM

Anyone know how to get the "Dance To Your Own Beat" achievement? I've tried changing music from a stage a couple of times and it doesn't unlock. Wonder what I'm doing wrong?

SIN REKA 09-11-2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM2313 (Post 5267679)
Anyone know how to get the "Dance To Your Own Beat" achievement? I've tried changing music from a stage a couple of times and it doesn't unlock. Wonder what I'm doing wrong?

Do you have any music on your hard drive? If not , put a song or two on it and go back to Tekken tunes. Pick a stage, switch to your original music library and choose a song for that stage.

As for the "Tekken Black Belt" achievement, I achieved 1st dan, but didnt get the achievement. It did unlock after I had won a match while as a 1st dan. I'm guessing that it will also unlock if you win your 1st kyu to 1st dan promotion match (can anybody confirm this?).

MM2313 09-11-2012 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIN REKA (Post 5267816)
Do you have any music on your hard drive? If not , put a song or two on it and go back to Tekken tunes. Pick a stage, switch to your original music library and choose a song for that stage.

As for the "Tekken Black Belt" achievement, I achieved 1st dan, but didnt get the achievement. It did unlock after I had won a match while as a 1st dan. I'm guessing that it will also unlock if you win your 1st kyu to 1st dan promotion match (can anybody confirm this?).

So that's how it works? Let me try it out...

Update: It works! The thing is, after doing what you told me to do, it's important to make sure to exit out of the mode completely. Once I did that, the achievement unlocked. Thank you!

J.Kurokaze 09-12-2012 02:34 AM

Definitely a plus!

Mr1721 09-12-2012 03:30 AM

Can this be boosted? I wish to do this.. Message me i'm online right now

Gamertag: xN1Sx Mr1721

Killbomb 09-12-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr1721 (Post 5268141)
Can this be boosted? I wish to do this.. Message me i'm online right now

Gamertag: xN1Sx Mr1721

Don't think you can boost in ranked matches for the achievement to get to 1st Dan. It only takes around 10 wins to get to 1st Dan anyway. If you're having trouble give it a few days until all the better players have moved up in the ranks. Also, before you search, choose the option to only play people +/- 3 ranks.

SIN REKA 09-12-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killbomb (Post 5268451)
Don't think you can boost in ranked matches for the achievement to get to 1st Dan. It only takes around 10 wins to get to 1st Dan anyway. If you're having trouble give it a few days until all the better players have moved up in the ranks. Also, before you search, choose the option to only play people +/- 3 ranks.

You can also keep playing and you'll eventually get to 1st dan. I was 4-26 when i got it (I suck at fighting games, but I love them so much, lol).

MM2313 09-12-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIN REKA (Post 5268547)
You can also keep playing and you'll eventually get to 1st dan. I was 4-26 when i got it (I suck at fighting games, but I love them so much, lol).

Don't you have to win matches to get promoted though in online ranked matches?

SIN REKA 09-12-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM2313 (Post 5268596)
Don't you have to win matches to get promoted though in online ranked matches?

From my experience, not really. You'll get the next rank, though it'll take longer to rank up if you don't win. Right now, both my mains are 1st dan.

MM2313 09-12-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIN REKA (Post 5268618)
From my experience, not really. You'll get the next rank, though it'll take longer to rank up if you don't win. Right now, both my mains are 1st dan.

So even if you lose, you'll still rank? That's cool. I always thought that if you win, you'l get it, but if you lose, you won't get the promotion.

oKIINGo 09-12-2012 05:05 PM

Anybody know the easiest people to get The Best of Friends achivement and/or the 10 Hit Combo, also how do you do a low parry. These are the last 3 combat related achievements I need

FeLizP 09-12-2012 07:09 PM

dL KryZi and Dragoner28 Solutions

Quote:

Originally Posted by oKIINGo (Post 5268858)
Anybody know the easiest people to get The Best of Friends achivement and/or the 10 Hit Combo, also how do you do a low parry. These are the last 3 combat related achievements I need

For The Best of Friends select the team of Devil Jin and Kazuya in Practice or Versus Mode then do the following grab move.

Forward > Forward +LP +RP > TAG

Then repeat twice more for the achievement. Inputs may require certain speeds.

For the Low Parry set up a two player versus match and pick whoever you want. When the fight starts, get both players in close distance and do a low kick with you 2nd controller and at the same time press down-forward on your 1st controller. You should get a counter if timed properly. Repeat twice more for the achievement.

Lastly the 10-hit combo, which can be done with Yoshimitsu. You can do this in Practice or Versus as well. Perform the following combo as Yoshimitsu, you need to input it very fast with inputs ahead of the ones as they come out.

X > Y > X > B > B > B > X > X > X

Some slashes followed by some kicks then more slashes. It will read 10-hits if done right. Repeat this combo twice more for the Flying Butt-Kicker achievement.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)