XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Contract Killer (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2652)
-   -   Online features (co-op challenges, friends, gifting) working again?? (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=384631)

PunkTsar 08-21-2012 11:11 AM

Online features (co-op challenges, friends, gifting) working again??

Hi guys,
Just wondering if anyone else is now able to play the online features on this game again?
I've had the same problem as most others in that the online co-op stuff just stopped working for me and I could only play the game if I turned off all my data connections.
Now all of a sudden it seams to be working again? (does take a while to connect)
My progress for the co-op challenges now shows up and other friends progress also seems to be registering. I can also send gifts again now too.
Game also seems to be loading with all my data connections turned on (so far)

Anyone else working again now?
(feel free to add me if you do the co-op challenges btw... GT- PunkTsar)

Romefalls86 08-21-2012 01:38 PM

I am able to play online, sometimes. it seems to be intermittent as to when it works. I can do the co-op challenged but as for gifting and having friends, no I'm still told I have no friends available.

Kind of demoralizing being told you have no friends ha ha

ceeesquared 08-22-2012 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romefalls86 (Post 5236872)
I am able to play online, sometimes. it seems to be intermittent as to when it works. I can do the co-op challenged but as for gifting and having friends, no I'm still told I have no friends available.

Kind of demoralizing being told you have no friends ha ha

same here, if i can play it online, it tells me i have no friends. :mad:

hentei009 08-22-2012 01:19 PM

to me at times that just tells me I have a friend or two, and most of times are all my friends

PunkTsar 08-22-2012 04:02 PM

Hahaaa, well that didn't last very long.... Just over 24hrs and now can't play this piece of crap again. Ffs.
Won't start with my data connections switched on, won't connect to co-op and just terminates the game when I try to connect etc etc

Well done Glu, you've been added to Gameloft on my list of developers that I'll never buy a game from again. You fail at life.

Grantbear 08-22-2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkTsar (Post 5238734)
Well done Glu, you've been added to Gameloft on my list of developers that I'll never buy a game from again.

Technically, you didn't buy this one as well :).

PunkTsar 08-22-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grantbear (Post 5239147)
Technically, you didn't buy this one as well :).

Oh yeah!! (but i did buy Deer Hunter before it had it's price drop, and that's never going to be fixed, gawd darn it!) Maybe i shouldn't get so worked up. After all it isn't really that important tbh :)
It just strikes me as really lazy that they couldn't be bothered with this though. Even the stats in the safehouse have the Apple game center tile on each stat ffs!
Its like they've just gone "well we're giving it for free, so why should we put any time or effort into it? Oh and we might make a quick buck if we have some in app purchases. We can make money that way, and if people complain about the quality... well tough, it's free. What do they expect!"

THE Mr Fill 10-08-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkTsar (Post 5239323)
Its like they've just gone "well we're giving it for free, so why should we put any time or effort into it? Oh and we might make a quick buck if we have some in app purchases. We can make money that way, and if people complain about the quality... well tough, it's free. What do they expect!"

sorry for the resurrection...

The problem with that attitude is that if you know they're lax with their product updates, then you're less likely to buy a paid title, because you know that they have zero support for their free ones - personally if a company releases a buggy game and never updates it, especially if it's OBVIOUSLY buggy on release (as in they've done virtually no testing pre-release), then I'm not going to even take a second look at any of their apps again, even if they're good value, or free, I'll know that their apps have a very low QC level, meaning that they can't be bothered with the client, only rolling rubbish out of the door - EA are famous for this!!!