XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Episode 3: Long Road Ahead (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2603)
-   -   What happens if... SPOILERS (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=385455)

Creazil 08-29-2012 06:28 PM

What happens if... SPOILERS
 
What happens if you say that Ben has broken when he screams at Lilly about the missing goods? Does she still kill Carley regardless? It really annoyed me when Carley died as she was the only character I truly liked.

Starkweather 08-29-2012 06:45 PM

I think she still shoots Carley as she defends Ben, not entirely sure though. Really annoyed me too but in a way i like the fact they added some shocking moments.

For that one second i believed Clementine had turned i almost had a heart attack :p had enough drama.

Son of Kyuss 08-29-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Story 3 (Post 5248841)
Whats with all these people and Carley? Doug was awesome and I'm sad to see him go.

I preferred Doug's death because he sacrificed himself to save Ben, Carley's death on the other hand was straight up murder .

Prime8 08-29-2012 09:52 PM

I was sad that Carley was killed, so after I finished my main playthrough I went back and tried to do this argument differently to see if there's a way to save her. Judging by the results screen on whether or not you abandoned Lily, I had hope that maybe you can persuade her to kill Ben instead of Carley (don't really care for Ben, especially after you learn about how he was the one supplying the bandits). Unfortunately, all the dialogue choices seemed to lead to the same conclusion.

narcolepticshee 08-30-2012 02:06 AM

God damn I was so upset when Carly died. It was completely out of the blue and just completely shocked me. Almost reset the game to try and save her, but managed to resist.

Ep 3 definitely has the hardest choices yet. Bring on ep 4 + 5!

Cheers

JeremyVersion1 08-30-2012 02:28 AM

Seeing Carly go down was bad, really bad. We left Lilly on the road for that. I regretted it, but I couldn't bear to take her with us.

Another question, is there a way to fight Kenny where he doesn't beat the shit out of you? I was so damn frustrated not being able to defend myself in the fight. Either you can't or I'm just not quick enough on the stick.

Sgt Scyther 08-30-2012 07:29 AM

My jaw hit the floor when that happened. I never saw it coming. As for what I did with Lily, I wanted to leave her for dead. After everything I did for her. I stood up for her when no one else would. I tried to save her dad even though he treated me like shit. I told her about my past. But I felt that would make me just as bad as her. So I made her get back in the RV.

Not that it matters anyway because she takes off with it and probably dies.

punker 08-30-2012 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeremyVersion1 (Post 5249408)
Another question, is there a way to fight Kenny where he doesn't beat the shit out of you? I was so damn frustrated not being able to defend myself in the fight. Either you can't or I'm just not quick enough on the stick.


Aim your cursor at his fist... it'll prompt you to hit A, and block his punches. Do that each time he goes to take a swing at you.

Jack Pumpkinhed 08-30-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Creazil (Post 5248774)
What happens if you say that Ben has broken when he screams at Lilly about the missing goods? Does she still kill Carley regardless?

Yep. Carley still gets shot. I thought I'd try to talk Lilly out of it by saying Ben was broken, and then BAM! I am still pissed at Lilly. Glad I left her by the side of the road.

Can you give up Ben and save Carley? Or does she die regardless?

chach7171 08-31-2012 12:33 AM

I was pissed carley got killed, especially cuz Lily is a delusional nutjob now. I kept waiting for people to tell her to fuck off when she was still trying to run shit, after the hotel as if the RV was hers anyway. I've redone that chapter every way I can and Carley gets killed no matter what, which totally sucks imo you should decide Ben or Carley, or at least lead Lily to shoot Ben and not Carley.

Evo089 08-31-2012 11:13 PM

I'm definitely going to be playing it through again once 4 + 5 are released. Does anyone know how saving Hershal or choosing the son rather than Duck affects the game much?

shinobigarth 09-01-2012 07:31 AM

im pretty sure Duck gets saved either way since he's a main character and i havent heard from anyone that didnt have him the whole time. i mean what would've been the big moment of tension in this episode with Kenny in denial and Kat killing herself if Duck died in the first episode?

Son of Kyuss 09-01-2012 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evo089 (Post 5252174)
choosing the son rather than Duck affects the game much?

Nothing changes except Kenny being slightly miffed that you decided to help Shawn first instead of his son.

Evo089 09-01-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Kyuss (Post 5252467)
Nothing changes except Kenny being slightly miffed that you decided to help Shawn first instead of his son.

So it's always better to save Duck then as that's the way the story will always plan out? It seems that the majority of game changing decisions are already made for you it's how you approach them that matters. Still an amazing game nonetheless!

GTSlaughter123 09-06-2012 05:16 AM

I really wanted to keep Carley alive. I would have been more happy with the game if I knew she would die and had the option to save her. Knowing all that I know now, I wonder if I can get Ben killed earlier in the story...

I'm pretty sure that's wishful thinking. RIP Carley.

GANZ VII 10-13-2013 06:33 PM

Did anyone else get the living shit kicked out of them by Kenny in the train cab?
I fucking did, blamed the controller, but what happens if you hand Kenny his arse on a plate?


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.