XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Armored Kill (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2818)
-   -   Have YOU been killed by the Quad Bike? (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=386890)

Opiate42 09-12-2012 07:24 PM

Have YOU been killed by the Quad Bike?

In memory of the Skid Loader achievement from Karkand.

Have you been killed by the Quad bike?
:p

I have. Twice so far.

Though have been finding it laggy as fuck. My two deaths, I was well away from the front end but died anyhow.

I've landed two kills, but once I caught a lone support dude running across the dunes from D to E on Bandar and literally passed right through him several times. Was not amused.

tripleb2k 09-12-2012 07:29 PM

Only once but I got their dog tags in the following round so I say we're even ;)

BBDrew84 09-12-2012 07:42 PM

Nope. I RPG/SMAW'ed two people trying though. And my first kill of Armored Kill was running over someone with it. :) I love this DLC.

Rapturous Rich 09-12-2012 07:46 PM

Nope, but I do have 4 kills with it myself. 3 of them in 1 streak! :D

i NatrlKilla i 09-12-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Opiate42 (Post 5269111)
In memory of the Skid Loader achievement from Karkand.

Have you been killed by the Quad bike?
:p

I have. Twice so far.

Though have been finding it laggy as fuck. My two deaths, I was well away from the front end but died anyhow.

I've landed two kills, but once I caught a lone support dude running across the dunes from D to E on Bandar and literally passed right through him several times. Was not amused.

This! I don't know why, but since downloading AK, any game I get in I'm lagging. Get in the jet, and the screen shakes like crazy. Outside view and it keeps snapping backwards. When ever I get the "XXX Killed NatrlKilla" I can take a few more steps before actually dying. When in an AC130 and I hear the lock on, I deploy flares as soon as the missile incoming beep starts, looks good for a second, but then I get the message saying I was killed, then I die. My connection's good (I never thought I would say that whilst still being with Sky), so I doubt it's that.

Coincidentally, it's for that very reason that I've been killed by the Quad. Game is practically unplayable for me right now...

Opiate42 09-12-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBDrew84 (Post 5269141)
Nope. I RPG/SMAW'ed two people trying though. And my first kill of Armored Kill was running over someone with it. :) I love this DLC.

Nice! I've done that a couple times but it never killed them, always disables the quad and they get off and shoot me before I finish reloading :confused:

Seriously, rocket vs bike? Bugger!

BBDrew84 09-12-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Opiate42 (Post 5269190)
Nice! I've done that a couple times but it never killed them, always disables the quad and they get off and shoot me before I finish reloading :confused:

Seriously, rocket vs bike? Bugger!

You gotta hit em' from the back, I try not to shoot things head on always try to aim at the booty hole for the instant disable or kill. Anticipate them going by you, because you are going to sidestep or what not, then shoot them as they go by. Granted the first was lucky shot and the second person was going slow.

Skillet 09-12-2012 08:56 PM

Yes. But I killed the two guys that were on it with my ACR first, so it was only a Bad Luck death.

ChaosGod87 09-12-2012 08:56 PM

A few times yes...:(. Most of my road kills are from the quad bike though, so it's all good.

H0p3sfalL 09-12-2012 09:10 PM

Yep sure did! But I ended up killing him about 10 times a row with the AC130 :Bounce:

BowManHomie 09-12-2012 09:46 PM

not yet but 6 or so people have seen it being drivin over them :p

amacteur 09-12-2012 09:47 PM

Not yet :p

Barad 09-12-2012 10:21 PM

Me neither, and I don't think I ever will because I NEVER see anyone on it.

Benny34 09-12-2012 10:35 PM

Nope, but got a couple kills with it 2 in a row. guys have any of you tried this bandar desert quad full speed jumping the dunes in the middle is so much fun! lol.

Callumpy 09-12-2012 10:39 PM

I fell out of a tower and landed under the wheels of a quad, lucky bastard.

FreiZeitGeipel 09-12-2012 10:48 PM

Yes, I was killed two times by a quad so far, but without actually being overrun by one. In both cases an explosion was involved and it said "Player X [Quad] FreiZeitGeipel". Have a feeling thereīs some sort of glitch that occurs when you plant mines and then ride a quad, and the mines blow up an enemy, it counts as a kill with the quad-bike. I could be wrong though. Havenīt quite figured it out yet. Anyone else experienced something similar?

amacteur 09-12-2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B A R 4 D (Post 5269410)

Seriously?

One guy just tried to kill me with the quad bike, probably to get his cheev, he failed a first time, went back and forth, I had the time to throw some C4 on the ground, then he came a 4th time to roadkill me but *BOOM* :nana

mark197205 09-13-2012 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skillet (Post 5269296)
Yes. But I killed the two guys that were on it with my ACR first, so it was only a Bad Luck death.

Same for me, shot the guy but his bike just kept on coming.

secretkaos187 09-13-2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreiZeitGeipel (Post 5269463)
Yes, I was killed two times by a quad so far, but without actually being overrun by one. In both cases an explosion was involved and it said "Player X [Quad] FreiZeitGeipel". Have a feeling thereīs some sort of glitch that occurs when you plant mines and then ride a quad, and the mines blow up an enemy, it counts as a kill with the quad-bike. I could be wrong though. Havenīt quite figured it out yet. Anyone else experienced something similar?

This happens when you damage something or put mines down then get into a vehicle,It counts for what ever you're in. And I have only fell/cause victime to Quad Roadkill once.

Barad 09-13-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amacteur (Post 5269504)
Seriously?

One guy just tried to kill me with the quad bike, probably to get his cheev, he failed a first time, went back and forth, I had the time to throw some C4 on the ground, then he came a 4th time to roadkill me but *BOOM* :nana

Mean bastard you should have just let him kill you :p Kidding good call on the C4.

fat_tony 09-13-2012 12:33 PM

Been killed twice by quad bikers, although this morning I jumped off my quad to take out a sniper, chased him round a corner and he had jumped onto my empty quad and attempted to run me over with it. So I shot him in the face.

Take my quad bike will you? :uzi:

WickedD365 09-13-2012 12:38 PM

Nope, but as soon as I got on one I got shot by a vehicle.

Opiate42 09-13-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B A R 4 D (Post 5269410)

Seriously?? x2

Damn I see people all over the place on them in every game, jokers are using them as the new jihad vehicle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBDrew84 (Post 5269274)
You gotta hit em' from the back, I try not to shoot things head on always try to aim at the booty hole for the instant disable or kill. Anticipate them going by you, because you are going to sidestep or what not, then shoot them as they go by. Granted the first was lucky shot and the second person was going slow.

Will have to be more patient and improve my aim a little :p

Kept hitting them on the side.

purpleinsect 09-13-2012 04:04 PM

No kills and no deaths with it. Hopefully that will change :D Either to make me happy, or make someone else happy for killing me with it

Merch 09-13-2012 04:06 PM

One time I nailed a guy point blank with an RPG but he just kept on going and squished me.

Opiate42 09-13-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpleinsect (Post 5270568)
No kills and no deaths with it. Hopefully that will change :D Either to make me happy, or make someone else happy for killing me with it

My first death from it I laughed and said you're welcome.

ZingZitang 09-13-2012 06:48 PM

Nope, But my First game on Alborz Mountains I got my Roadkill with it.

I'm driving the ATV behind two enemy Tank Destoryers. Trolloling them, honking the horn, bumping into them. FIVE Mintes later, somebody hops out of on of the Tank Destroyers and BAM! Roadkill. I was tailgating this Tank Destroyer, literally driving two inches behind it. Was the funniest thing.

xDEATHDEALERSxx 09-13-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBDrew84 (Post 5269141)

It was also my 1st, 2nd, and 3rd kill in this DLC :p

WOLFkraut 09-13-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Opiate42 (Post 5269111)

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but just to throw it out there, I read on the BF Wiki that the only sure-fire way to get a roadkill with jeeps and the like is to make sure you hit the enemy with the driver's part of the vehicle. Ie. in HMMVWs you have to hit them with the right side and I'm guessing with the quads in the direct middle. Not sure if it's true, but that's what I read.

AoA Requiem 09-14-2012 02:41 AM

Got squished as I was laying down some mines and not paying attention to my surroundings.. how he didn't hit a mine, I have no idea...

Coincidentally, the cheevo popped for me while I was riding the bike and someone hit my mines that I'd planted earlier.. registered as a quad bike kill.. shrug:confused: