XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2749)
-   -   Which characters are you using? (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=387394)

M1 Punk 09-17-2012 12:28 PM

Which characters are you using?

I'm sticking with Jin & Lars for now, look like fun and solid characters. I wanna try out so many characters but its best to stick with two of them in order to learn the way this game works with characters you invested so much time in.

Azrael008uk 09-17-2012 02:57 PM

Jun is the only character I'm semi competant with. I'm very new to "Tekken" having never indulged in the series before.

I've tried Marshall Law but I can't mix his combos up enough at this early stage.

Still looking for another character to compliment my Jun.

Az

JaxTH 09-17-2012 06:34 PM

I've been using Kuinimitsu and Yoshimitsu since Tekken 1 so that's my team. I dabble sometimes with Leo since I used her a bit in Tekken 6.

M1 Punk 09-17-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaxTH (Post 5277101)
I dabble sometimes with Leo since I used her a bit in Tekken 6.

Well at least I know for sure it's a girl now >.<

Gleskosaur 09-17-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaxTH (Post 5277101)
I've been using Kuinimitsu and Yoshimitsu since Tekken 1 so that's my team. I dabble sometimes with Leo since I used her a bit in Tekken 6.

uhm.. leo is a boy.. or am i missing something?

I use BOB as my main char.. Need to find a good partner for him soon, but now slim bob is coming i think its gonna be a full bob-team for me :P

Other teams i use is Jin & Jinpachi and Jun & Xiayou

JaxTH 09-17-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gleskosaur (Post 5277144)
uhm.. leo is a boy.. or am i missing something?

Female.

http://imageshack.us/a/img267/7568/img10021d.jpg

JinpachiDiddles 09-17-2012 07:28 PM

I'm Currently Using King and Jinpachi, I Feel very Comfortable with King, and I Love Jinpachi Regardless, Was going to make a Team of WangKing (If you know what i mean ;) )

Gleskosaur 09-17-2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaxTH (Post 5277173)

well allrighty then... thanks for the info

CoregBlue1 09-17-2012 08:56 PM

i am still on ps3 because the FG community is awesome there so far and i am getting used to the pad.

i am using Jin/Lili or Jin/Angel

not sure if i should switch to xbox and/or Arcade stick :/

and JaxTH thanks for the info, i have those costumes but never thought about using it on leo although i always wondered too ^^

JaxTH 09-17-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoregBlue1 (Post 5277364)
and JaxTH thanks for the info, i have those costumes but never thought about using it on leo although i always wondered too ^^

I've been calling Leo "she" since they first showed her, but even though Harada said what gender she was last year some people still weren't believing, so I was glad when he said everyone would have swimsuits.

So putting Leo in a swimsuit is the first thing I did when I finally got around to customizing people. :p

Gleskosaur 09-18-2012 09:20 PM

I got the swimsuit collection myself and after checking out LEO i found out he/she has two sets.. The one JaxTH posted a pic of and a surfer set.. I find this strange since all the other chars (at least the ones i checked) only have one set...

JaxTH 09-18-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gleskosaur (Post 5279215)
I got the swimsuit collection myself and after checking out LEO i found out he/she has two sets.. The one JaxTH posted a pic of and a surfer set.. I find this strange since all the other chars (at least the ones i checked) only have one set...

The surfer stuff is more in line with what Leo normally wears while I assume the bikinis are there simply to show that Leo is female.

Gleskosaur 09-18-2012 10:28 PM

Makes a good point, but i found some intresting reading..

http://tekken.wikia.com/wiki/Leo_Kliesen - Check out the trivia...

So i think they gave him/her two swimsuit sets to keep the transgender thingy going..

JaxTH 09-18-2012 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gleskosaur (Post 5279319)
Makes a good point, but i found some intresting reading..

http://tekken.wikia.com/wiki/Leo_Kliesen - Check out the trivia...

So i think they gave him/her two swimsuit sets to keep the transgender thingy going..

I think the word you are looking for is "androgynous".

NightReflection 09-19-2012 08:52 AM

I use Hwoarang and Eddy, Been mastering both of these guys since Tekken 3 lol.

I also like to mix it up a bit with Steve instead of Eddy, but Hwoarang has like i said been my main since Tekken 3.

Does anybody know why Gon never made it into TTT2? I heard it was something to do with licensing issues.

Manwell Pablo 09-19-2012 10:42 AM

Oh dear eddy gordo lol. Pretty sure your not supposed to own up to that in public .

SUBJECT BK201 09-19-2012 10:50 AM

I use 3 teams at the moment, the main team consists of Asuka/Jaycee and the other teams are Armor King/Baek and Paul/Anna (who seem to get me kicked out of lobbies far more often than i'd like).

NightReflection 09-19-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manwell Pablo (Post 5279950)
Oh dear eddy gordo lol. Pretty sure your not supposed to own up to that in public .

And why is this? Each to their own is what i say.

Plym 09-20-2012 12:45 AM

I'm using Hwoarang as always and have really been enjoying Miguel in this game.
I tried to use Anna but I just couldn't get in with her combos. I also quite like Nina, Lars & Steve.
Quote:

Originally Posted by NightReflection (Post 5279853)
Does anybody know why Gon never made it into TTT2? I heard it was something to do with licensing issues.

You just answered your own question. Gon predates Tekken, he was created for another game and Namco don't own him.

NightReflection 09-20-2012 08:22 AM

Ahh cheers Plym my fellow Hwoarang user!

demonocracy 09-20-2012 02:39 PM

I've been playing Tekken since the first game, but I never became obsessed with it until the second when I would exclusively play as Jun. I loved her and I was so sad when she was gone. (She was also one of my first girl crushes actually, lol :p) I'd infuriate friends and family by repeatedly beating them with her. Good times.

Luckily, the Tekken series is great and I wouldn't let myself be put off by the lack of her so I continued to play and switched to Hwoarang, who I'm decent at but find the most fun to fight with. I experimented when Tekken 5 and 6 were released, fell for Lili, Alisa and Asuka (Zafina is cool too, she's just... weird to play as :confused:)

Imagine my excitement when Jun was announced for TTT2! :eek: I just got the game today and I'm having a blast. Something about it feels different than previous installments but currently my main tag teams are Jun & Hwoarang and Alisa & Asuka (the latter wrecks things up) Does nobody else like Alisa, haha?

I want to get better with Jaycee. And I'm excited for Kunimitsu again.

OctoDiddles 09-24-2012 10:34 PM

When I Finally get this game, I Think i will use King, Jun Kazama, But thats just for the moment

CoregBlue1 09-25-2012 12:11 AM

i played my jin/lili team until now but going to drop it.

gues iŽll change to Leo/Asuka i spend a good amount of time watching replays and trying out stuff with most of the cast but i fell most comfortable with these 2 i guess. oh and i asuka is one of my all time favourite FG characters.

also going back to play this game on 360.

Tapion 09-25-2012 11:33 PM

Like using, Jaycee/Anna, Jaycee/Miguel. Throw in some Mishima's every so often, Paul, Bryan.

Petturi 09-27-2012 11:36 PM

Currently playing Lars/Forest team, still need to practice using their moves and combos.

SWi IVI IVI ER 09-27-2012 11:46 PM

Ever since Steve Fox made his debut I've been using him as my main character which I paired with my favorite female fighter, Julia. Pretty good team although I'm not particularly fond of her new moves.

NeoGeoKitsune 09-30-2012 03:16 PM

My main atm is Leo (solo)

AmbiguousCrossup 10-08-2012 12:56 AM

Been using Kazuya/Bryan, Dragunov/Bryan, and Kazuya/Nina. Jun/Jin is fun too, being a fan of kickboxing, I'm probably gonna try out Bruce with either Hwoarang or Baek, or just Hwoarang/Baek.

greedo911 10-27-2012 05:26 AM

The animals are who I've been working with. Alex and Panda, Kuma and Roger. Gotta let our furry friends go all PETA on those meat-eaters.

hydrosugar 01-23-2013 03:57 AM

I pretty much solo as Lee. I tried using some of my other favorite characters in a tag team with him, but comparatively speaking they felt like a liability. Short of a few loses due to lapses in concentration, ive got a perfect record in Ghost Battle so far. Only 5 ranks left to Tekken Lord now. I like how they balanced the 2v1 fights in this game.