XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Halo 4 (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2257)
-   -   LE bonus features question (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=388439)

AeroSpartacus 09-24-2012 09:03 PM

LE bonus features question
 
I had a couple questions about the bonus goodies that come with the LE; I'm not entirely sure the information is even released yet. The LE includes "early access to six Specializations that allow you to achieve higher ranks in your Spartan career and unlock new customization options"; does anyone know exactly how long these specializations will be exclusive to LE purchasers? This seems to be the biggest bonus to me other than the war games pack, which can be bought separately anyway. As a side note, is the actual game case for LE different at all (steelbook, different art, etc.) or is it just the same exact game packaged with the other goodies? Thanks!

Son of Kyuss 09-24-2012 09:12 PM

They've said that the 6 specializations will be rolled out sometime after release. Whether or not it'll be done in waves or just one at a time remains to be seen.

The LE comes with exclusive packaging and a steelbook case as seen below.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2vj6339.jpg

AeroSpartacus 09-24-2012 09:30 PM

Thanks for the info! I'd really like to get the LE, but the only place that has it anymore is Best Buy and then I couldn't pick it up at midnight =\ Maybe I'll discover patience between now and release :D

theNomad 09-25-2012 09:34 AM

They're not exclusive 'Specializations', everyone will be able to unlock them as their Halo 4 career progresses, you do so by playing war games and spartan ops missions. The big bonus for LE is getting the 3 dlc map packs included, basicly it works out cheaper to get the LE than buy it all seperate.

Bonedecapitater 10-08-2012 04:01 PM

I think one of the cool things you get, is the handful of videos, with forward unto dawn, and one about the UNSC Frigate you're on or it's about or something. All in all, I think the LE is way better for the price. (Especially if you're getting the season pass anyways.)

Snowed 10-08-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theNomad (Post 5289936)
They're not exclusive 'Specializations', everyone will be able to unlock them as their Halo 4 career progresses, you do so by playing war games and spartan ops missions. The big bonus for LE is getting the 3 dlc map packs included, basicly it works out cheaper to get the LE than buy it all seperate.

Quit spreading misinformation. The US LE is $10 more expensive than buying the game and war games separately. So, no. I realize you're probably from Europe but you should probably not make such general comments without actually knowing.

ReverendSID 10-09-2012 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theNomad (Post 5289936)
They're not exclusive 'Specializations', everyone will be able to unlock them as their Halo 4 career progresses

It doesn't say they're exclusive, it says Early Access. At launch only 2 of the 8 specializations will be available for people who don't buy the LE. The other 6 (which the LE gives Early Access to) will be made available to non LE buyers later. They won't be unlocked by progression, they'll be unlocked by 343i at times of their choosing.

theNomad 10-09-2012 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowed (Post 5315163)
Quit spreading misinformation. The US LE is $10 more expensive than buying the game and war games separately. So, no. I realize you're probably from Europe but you should probably not make such general comments without actually knowing.

Why was it misinformed its only cheaper to get the standard game plus the 3 map packs if you buy the halo 4 dlc pass. Which probably wasn't even price listed when this old thread was made (seems odd you've dug a 2 week old thread up just to comment on my view).

Usually map packs cost 800msp around 8 here. So that would have meant 24 for all 3, add the standard game price 40 would have made it 4 more than the 60 LE. As it stands you save 3 if you get the standard game + dlc pass, but thats so damned little surely to hell you could afford the little extra for the sheer pleasure of owning the amazing looking LE.

P.S. sorry for being European and not working in dollars, the thing is 360a and its sister site PS3t are actually UK based so theres probably one or two other Europeans here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReverendSID (Post 5315905)
It doesn't say they're exclusive, it says Early Access. At launch only 2 of the 8 specializations will be available for people who don't buy the LE. The other 6 (which the LE gives Early Access to) will be made available to non LE buyers later. They won't be unlocked by progression, they'll be unlocked by 343i at times of their choosing.

Has been a bit of a grey area the specializations untill recently, I'm sure Josh Holmes mentioned that playing war games and spartan ops missions would unlock specialization loadouts in one of the first spartan ops promos, guess it must have changed to something they release post game. I did hear frankie say the other day in a exile promo I think that spec loadouts won't include A listed guns like snipers & rocket launchers, so it shouldnt be game breaking he mentioned it would be more subtle things like plasma pistols.

ReverendSID 10-09-2012 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theNomad (Post 5316058)
Has been a bit of a grey area the specializations untill recently, I'm sure Josh Holmes mentioned that playing war games and spartan ops missions would unlock specialization loadouts in one of the first spartan ops promos, guess it must have changed to something they release post game. I did hear frankie say the other day in a exile promo I think that spec loadouts won't include A listed guns like snipers & rocket launchers, so it shouldnt be game breaking he mentioned it would be more subtle things like plasma pistols.

I think Frank was talking about the loadouts you can customize and use in Infinity slayer. I know the specializations unlock weapon skins when you level them up, not weapons. The official site has a list of the items unlocked by specializations. Here. I'm just wondering why the armor set unlocks don't include legs. *shrug*

WeapDog 10-10-2012 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theNomad (Post 5316058)
P.S. sorry for being European and not working in dollars, the thing is 360a and its sister site PS3t are actually UK based so theres probably one or two other Europeans here.

Lol. Doesn't the world revolve around America?


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.