XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Borderlands 2 (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2359)
-   -   Jimmy Jenkins Discussion Thread (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=388608)

Grohlvana 09-25-2012 11:30 PM

Jimmy Jenkins Discussion Thread

Solution

F8L Fool at our sister site PS3Trophies.org has found a method to find Jimmy Jenkins

-> How To Find Jimmy Jenkins

*Clueless* EDITED

luke391 09-26-2012 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grohlvana (Post 5291126)
Well when I here "his spawn is completely random" and then a billion people saying "I found him in X box in WP/Opportunity" that makes me think certain things may cause him to spawn in a specific place.

With this Achievement being able to be unlocked now by people finding out how, I would like to think someone can come up with a spot to best look for JJ.

It's a domino effect... the guidebook says to go to that spot, so someone goes there and finds him at some point. After someone asks, person A says he found him there. People who know how to search see the post and try it out for their self. After X period they find him, which leads to several people claiming that he spawns there. Realistically, you have the same odds of finding him at any of those places (perhaps all of Pandora), so pick a place and farm.

Also, heres proof of me killing him at Heroes Pass

h311i0n 09-26-2012 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grohlvana (Post 5291159)
Can you tell me where that is? As in, how far down Hero's Pass? I've noticed people seem to be finding him in the same boxes, so if I could find that locker I think I might have a better shot.

Right before the broken bridge I think.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grohlvana (Post 5291362)
Do you remember which specific box or group of boxes? It seems he only spawns in certain boxes, hence many people finding him in the group of four cardboard boxes in the Skagg room in the Wildlife Preserve.

He wasnt in a box a buddy and I were killing off robots and we turned the corner and there he was.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powerman1469 (Post 5291368)
Wth everyone is finding him lol, Are you guys playing on your 1st play or 2nd play-though? Probably doesn't matter.. but at this point I'll try anything to get him to spawn.

1st playthrough when i saw him

chicken10der 09-26-2012 02:53 AM

I just now finally had him pop out of a Hyperion ammo box after 4 hours of farming the orbital delivery zone in opportunity, and that was after an entire playthrough (with all side missions and maps completed) of opening every kind of box I ever came across and spending about 2 hours last night farming the wildlife preserve cardboard boxes with no luck.

That's some bullshit spawn rate.

IC3 L3G3ND 09-26-2012 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicken10der (Post 5291422)
I just now finally had him pop out of a Hyperion ammo box after 4 hours of farming the orbital delivery zone in opportunity, and that was after an entire playthrough (with all side missions and maps completed) of opening every kind of box I ever came across and spending about 2 hours last night farming the wildlife preserve cardboard boxes with no luck.

Is this faster than running the Wildlife Preserve? i want to make the runs faster to increase the odds and i guess there is more things to check in opportunity

Grohlvana 09-26-2012 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IC3 L3G3ND (Post 5291452)
Is this faster than running the Wildlife Preserve? i want to make the runs faster to increase the odds and i guess there is more things to check in opportunity

Definitely, there's a ton of those yellow little ammo boxes if, when you spawn in Opportunity, you go to the left into the construction area.

Powerman1469 09-26-2012 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicken10der (Post 5291422)

Were you just opening a certain few boxes in that area and reloading it? or just opening all of them in the "orbital delivery zone"

1001puppys 09-26-2012 07:03 AM

I've spent 2 hours in the wildlife preserve, and then 4 full chest runs of Hero's pass, nothing.

Going to be moving to Opportunity I guess, its just getting old.

GuidoNGR 09-26-2012 07:20 AM

Heard he has a 100% rate of appearing during the mission for Bloodwing.

Gageamatron 09-26-2012 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuidoNGR (Post 5291750)
Heard he has a 100% rate of appearing during the mission for Bloodwing.

You heard wrong.

fallout frank 09-26-2012 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gageamatron (Post 5291767)
You heard wrong.

Yep, lol.

When I first did that mission each of the cardboard boxes spat out one of the mini robots but none of them where jimmy jenkins :(

Obama bin laggn 09-26-2012 11:25 AM

He will def spawn in the bloodwing mission, I was was playing coop and did not get the kill. I kept goin between opportunity and wildlife opening EVERY box. I did this for prob 5 hrs lol and got at least 8-10 loot midget before JJ pooped outta a box next to a loot midget right dead center of the map in opp. Bam! Achievement! 1k! Woot! So just random luck I would say

JONBLEACH 09-26-2012 03:05 PM

A buddy and I are doung Jimmy J runs right now, WLP and Hero Pass. This is getting old and we only have done them 4 times each so far. We cant even get any loot midgets to spawn outta the boxes in the perserve either

Mr Stoat 09-26-2012 04:06 PM

One thing I have noticed when trying to find him in Opportunity is that the loot midgets/wee loaders always seem to pop out of the same boxes. I'm wondering if instead of there being a chance of his spawn in every box in the game, he only has a chance to spawn in a set number of specific boxes.

IC3 L3G3ND 09-26-2012 06:08 PM

Im farming heros pass right now, definitely the fastest one imo. i think twice per minute as opposed to stupid wildlife, had a few loot midgets so far

Mr Stoat 09-26-2012 07:05 PM

Ok I just got him by farming the boxes behind the second set of barriers leading to the construction site in opportunity. A loot midget/loader can pop from either of the boxes and one time I had a spawn from both.

If I get another when I am going through my 2nd playthrough and powerman/ic3/whoever still needs him I'll get you into my game.

J4ckyb0y1 09-26-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Stoat (Post 5292609)
Ok I just got him by farming the boxes behind the second set of barriers leading to the construction site in opportunity. A loot midget/loader can pop from either of the boxes and one time I had a spawn from both.

Were those the only ones you farmed? Been opening all of them in that general area, and waxing all the engineers.

So far only one behind the 2nd barrier had a loot bot.

Grohlvana 09-26-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J4ckyb0y1 (Post 5292653)
Were those the only ones you farmed? Been opening all of them in that general area, and waxing all the engineers.

Alright I'm definitely sure there's only certain boxes he can spawn in. The two behind the barrier the dude you're quoting was talking about, also I found loot midgets in one box on the far right of that zone, and then the four cardboard boxes in the Skag room in the WLP. I have found mini loaders and midgets in all of these, but still no JJ.

JONBLEACH 09-26-2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J4ckyb0y1 (Post 5292653)

I wish i knew which barriers you and the other guy are talking about.
Im willing to farm all day long for this as this is the last quest level 1 i need for the achievement.
If anyone can show me this area it wud be awesome, my gtag is:
Bleach x360a

Grohlvana 09-26-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JONBLEACH (Post 5292663)
I wish i knew which barriers you and the other guy are talking about.
Im willing to farm all day long for this as this is the last quest level 1 i need for the achievement.
If anyone can show me this area it wud be awesome, my gtag is:
Bleach x360a

I know you just added me but it's really easy to find and fast to farm:

Go to Opportunity, then hug the left and you should see two barriers in the middle of where you're going. You can see the area where they are from the spawn. Both have a "Hard Hat Required" yellow sign by them. You want the second one, behind it are two of those boxes and a smaller one. Those two boxes can spawn JJ, I just got two loaders in a row.

EDIT: 3 in a row now. The "Loot Wee Loader" or whatever.

J4ckyb0y1 09-26-2012 07:42 PM

Yea, I had a feeling certain box's have been flagged for him to spawn. Pure speculation on my part, but guessing any box that spawns a loot bot can spawn JJ as an ultra rare. Would explain why he is spotted in only certain locations.

x13FISHx 09-26-2012 07:42 PM

I'd like to know which barriers as well in Opportunity. I know which boxes to check in The Wildlife Preserve, but not in the city.

Grohlvana 09-26-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x13FISHx (Post 5292673)
I'd like to know which barriers as well in Opportunity. I know which boxes to check in The Wildlife Preserve, but not in the city.

Read my last post to Bleach.

These two boxes are really fast to farm, and at least for me one usually contains a loot midget or wee loader.

J4ckyb0y1 09-26-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x13FISHx (Post 5292673)

Look up a few posts. Grohlvana gave directions.

Grohlvana 09-26-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JONBLEACH (Post 5292683)
Ok i see what u mean, behind the 2nd barrier is 2 ammo boxes and the smaller which holds money. Which playthru do i need to do it on. ive been trying my runs on normal so theyd be easier though i am lvl 50.

This shouldn't matter but I've been doing it on normal since I haven't gotten to Opportunity on TVH mode yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JONBLEACH (Post 5292703)
Yeah so im doing it on normal too.
So far ive gotten 2 loot migets and 1 jet guy.
So is it true where ever mini loot dudes spawn, there is the slight chance for JJ to aswell?

Well I've scoured the internet and from what I can tell, it seems any chest a loot midget or wee loader can spawn in can also spawn JJ. This opportunity one (and it seems to be only the right ammo box for me) is just the fastest to farm from what I've seen.

Mr Stoat 09-26-2012 08:21 PM

Sorry I didn't respond got busy with something. In answer to all the questions. From the spawn point head east towards the construction area past the statue. You will go down a ramp and there are two barriers. Behind each set of barriers there are 3 boxes. The loot midgets spawn behind the 2nd barrier (furthest one away)

What I did was run to the 2nd barrier, open the boxes and then quit and repeated. For extra clarification I am at the end of my 1st playthrough (final boss killed). This method just seemed the quickest to me.

I'm pretty sure as grohl has suggested that any box that can spawn a loot midget has a chance to spawn Jenkins. I think it seems to work in the same way as chubby variants which are an extra rare badass.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grohlvana (Post 5292758)
So you have found and killed him this way? Just trying to 100% confirm it.

And @ above (FISH) yes.

Yes thats how I found Jenkins a couple of hours ago. I started by just opening everything in Opportunity but noticed that the loot bots always spawned in the same few boxes around opportunity, so just figured to farm the two closest ones would be the most efficient.

So I just ended up running to those boxes behind that wall from spawning, opening them, then quit/save and continue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grohlvana (Post 5292770)
You might have said it in your previous post but I'm already in the reply screen (lol) so do you have any estimation on how long it took you once you started farming that way?

I think it took me about 3hours, which isn't all that long in the grand scheme of achievement grinding. Obviously its still all down to luck though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Report Fast (Post 5292774)
Are you finished with the main quest? It seems like if your on the quest for the area it helps, from what I can tell.

I had finished with the main quest, and I do get the feeling that for whatever reason being on the main quest helps, but its just a gut feeling.

Quote:

Originally Posted by x13FISHx (Post 5292748)
The two dividing walls in he hall way? I was looking for some sort of force field out in the construction area.

Yes there are 2 low walls in the tunnel sloped downwards towards the construction area. The 2nd wall has the boxes behind it you will need.

J4ckyb0y1 09-26-2012 08:42 PM

Only 30 runs, but got 2 loot bots and a midget. The search for JJ will continue after lunch :)

Report Fast 09-26-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Stoat (Post 5292765)
Yes thats how I found Jenkins a couple of hours ago. I started by just opening everything in Opportunity but noticed that the loot bots always spawned in the same few boxes around opportunity, so just figured to farm the two closest ones would be the most efficient.

So I just ended up running to those boxes behind that wall from spawning, opening them, then quit/save and continue.

Are you finished with the main quest? It seems like if your on the quest for the area it helps, from what I can tell.

x13FISHx 09-26-2012 08:45 PM

Anyone have a screen shot?

---------------

I have yet to have anything appear.

Report Fast 09-26-2012 09:00 PM

To everyone who is still trying for this I think I found the best place in the game for this if the opportunity spot is not working for you, like it wasn't for me. On the wildlife map if you have the creature dome DLC, go in and leave and you will spawn right outside there every time you quit and reload. The loot bots will spawn in the 2 ammo boxes in the corner of the room. I have been doing it for about 15 minutes and got multiple loot bots to spawn already. Sorry if this was already posted but I didn't see it anywhere.