XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Assassin's Creed III (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2537)
-   -   Xbox 360 Version Shipping on Two Discs (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=389974)

iBuzz7S 10-03-2012 02:16 AM

Xbox 360 Version Shipping on Two Discs

Quote:

"It's two discs on 360 and one on PS3," AC3 creative director Alex Hutchinson told NowGamer. "You'd be surprised what blows the disc. Sound blows the disc, but also videos. What was scary for us was we blew the disc with no... there's only like two videos in the game, the rest is in-game cut-scenes. We were like 'we're still blowing the disc? That's terrifying.' It's by far the biggest game I've worked on."

Exact details on how the content id divided is unclear, but constantly changing discs won't be an issue.

"Don't worry, there's not going to be like, disc-swapping if you get to the end of chapter 3 and having to swap over - that's not going to happen. We've separated it," added animation director Jonathan Cooper.

Pressed on whether Assassin's Creed 3 simply comprises a one-time disc-swap half-way through the game, Cooper added: "No, it's not even that. We won't talk about how it's done... but don't worry about it, you won't be jumping back and forth."
Don't interrupt me mid-game and you can have your disc swap message wherever you like.

Source: NowGamer

Rivercurse 10-03-2012 02:28 AM

Thats it. Immersion broken. Pre order cancelled.

DEG23 10-03-2012 02:35 AM

Going on the statement "will it be a one time swap?" "No not even that." I'm going to suggest single disc and an MP disc?

A BENGAL HOBO 10-03-2012 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DEG23 (Post 5304684)
Going on the statement "will it be a one time swap?" "No not even that." I'm going to suggest single disc and an MP disc?

on the AC forums it was said 1 is SP and 1 is MP but u can simply install the 2nd disc and just use the 1

DoosMakhina 10-03-2012 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A BENGAL HOBO (Post 5304827)
on the AC forums it was said 1 is SP and 1 is MP but u can simply install the 2nd disc and just use the 1

That'd be amazing, considering that's always been the best solution yet no game I can recall has done it that way. I'm optimistic they actually might have with this though considering they've completely scrapped DRM in the PC version.

As for the game being multiple discs: couldn't give a rat's ass. If it means more content then i'm all for it.

Burnout x360a 10-03-2012 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivercurse (Post 5304669)

"No, it's not even that. We won't talk about how it's done... but don't worry about it, you won't be jumping back and forth."

Sounds positive to me. We will see.

Opiate42 10-03-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burnout (Post 5305064)
"No, it's not even that. We won't talk about how it's done... but don't worry about it, you won't be jumping back and forth."

Sounds positive to me. We will see.

Same. If the disc swap comes at a logical point in the game, I don't care.

Multiple discs to me means mostly that the textures and world map must be absofuckinglutely awesomely HUGE. And that.... I dig.

xKRAIZEEMANx 10-03-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Opiate42 (Post 5305389)
Multiple discs to me means mostly that the textures and world map must be absofuckinglutely awesomely HUGE. And that.... I dig.

I hope this is the case.

Let's hope it isn't like L.A. Noire....

aclover 10-04-2012 08:54 PM

Yeah it's probably just gonna be one MP and one SP like Battlefield 3

LickableLemons7 10-04-2012 08:59 PM

At least it's not shipping with 3 discs...like Rage...

Many 360 games are now shipped with 2 discs. Dead Space 2, Max Payne 3, Battlefield 3, Halo 4, so no surprise here. The heftier the game, the more time I spend on it. And that's good for me.

Stefan61713 10-05-2012 06:10 PM

Well, more discs means more content aye?
I'm cool with it, I mean, LA Noire had 3 discs.

OceanH 10-05-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoosMakhina (Post 5304969)
That'd be amazing, considering that's always been the best solution yet no game I can recall has done it that way. I'm optimistic they actually might have with this though considering they've completely scrapped DRM in the PC version.

As for the game being multiple discs: couldn't give a rat's ass. If it means more content then i'm all for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Opiate42 (Post 5305389)
Same. If the disc swap comes at a logical point in the game, I don't care.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan61713 (Post 5309742)
Well, more discs means more content aye?
I'm cool with it, I mean, LA Noire had 3 discs.

You guys see it as more content, me, I see it as being obsolete and unoptimized. It's like saying "Twenty 1GB portable hard drives? Cool" instead of going for one high capacity portable hard drive.

DoosMakhina 10-05-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OceanH (Post 5309943)
You guys see it as more content, me, I see it as being obsolete and unoptimized. It's like saying "Twenty 1GB portable hard drives? Cool" instead of going for one high capacity portable hard drive.

That's just completely ignoring the constraints set by the 360.

If the choice is more discs or a stripped down game so it fits on the one disc you'd be mad to prefer the later over the former.

fastNcurious 10-05-2012 10:31 PM

I agree. I never like mine late. I'm excited there's going to be so much content!

OceanH 10-06-2012 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoosMakhina (Post 5309959)
That's just completely ignoring the constraints set by the 360.

If the choice is more discs or a stripped down game so it fits on the one disc you'd be mad to prefer the later over the former.

I didn't because I didn't want to bring up the Blu-ray Disc and the poor choice of staying with a previous generation medium where they could have used the HD-DVD format and kept DVD compatibility.

GrnEaglePhreak 10-06-2012 03:36 PM

Good sign for more content

Burnout x360a 10-06-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OceanH (Post 5309943)

Well it is using DVD's after all, can't expect much more if it's a large game.

jules the great 10-07-2012 10:37 PM

i actually pre ordered for the PS3 and Im happy its only one disc. However, seeing as how the xbox version will ALWAYS load faster, I'd say its an even trade off. lol

Barad 10-08-2012 11:48 AM

I'm fine with 2 discs, MP/SP disc I guess.

Koldomordor 10-08-2012 12:10 PM

I fail to see a problem here... you need like 10 seconds to change the disc.

-Greetings.

Burnout x360a 10-08-2012 12:23 PM

One thing that annoyed me with Revelations was whenever you went into MP (Or Desmond's Journey) the disc would start spinning up again, not the end of the world but it makes installing to the HD less beneficial. =/

fastNcurious 10-08-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burnout (Post 5314703)
One thing that annoyed me with Revelations was whenever you went into MP (Or Desmond's Journey) the disc would start spinning up again, not the end of the world but it makes installing to the HD less beneficial. =/

It's lazy programming on the part of the developers. Same thing happens in MW3.

They have separate teams working on the different parts (campaign, multiplayer) and then they just burn both parts on to the disc as separate "programs" linked to a main menu. So every time you start one, the disc spins cuz it thinks it's "starting" a new game. Better programming would've been to move that detection phase to the initial menu.

Guildclaws 10-10-2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivercurse (Post 5304669)

Are you serious? there's no disc swapping in this game since Disc 1 is SP and disc 2 is MP even if there were changing the disc only takes like 5 second.

ll Mr Bubbles ll 10-17-2012 05:29 AM

Forza did the same thing , disc 2 contained a lot of the cars and tracks you just installed disc 2 and played to your hearts content with just the 1st disc no need t change at all.