XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   NiGHTS into Dreams (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2786)
-   -   Controls are terrible compared to Saturn original (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=390350)

Union 360 10-05-2012 01:43 PM

Controls are terrible compared to Saturn original

Just a heads-up that the controls in this game do not compare to the fluidity of the Saturn original.

It moves in basically 8-way directional. The Saturn original was 360 degree analog. The fundamental game is unchanged, and still fun, but if you're used to blazing through the levels, doing tricks, and getting orbs with finesse, you'll notice the difference and it ruins the experience quite a bit.

JaxTH 10-05-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Union 360 (Post 5309331)
Just a heads-up that the controls in this game do not compare to the fluidity of the Saturn original.

It moves in basically 8-way directional. The Saturn original was 360 degree analog. The fundamental game is unchanged, and still fun, but if you're used to blazing through the levels, doing tricks, and getting orbs with finesse, you'll notice the difference and it ruins the experience quite a bit.

This is all true.

dill icioius 10-05-2012 08:34 PM

i agree, but i was able to adapt to a certain extent with a little practice. i also think that the height of the stick on the xbox controller compared to the saturn's nearly flat analog makes a difference as well, albeit a minute one. still, better than nights: journey of dreams. that was soul crushing.

BrySkye 10-06-2012 05:30 PM

The controls are a bit better than 8 directions. Probably in the area of 20 or 24.
But its certainly not as smooth and flowing as the Saturn original.

Baihu1983 10-07-2012 09:11 AM

Yep somethings off and it just even stranger when the Saturn mode seems to handle better.

TheCrimsonEmo 10-14-2012 09:10 PM

The controls are the single worst thing about this game, I came close to giving up countless times but was determined to get my money's worth and complete this sucker.
Definitely a lesson learnt the hard way to always try a game before impulsively buying it. (especially if your buying digital)

strictlystyles 11-16-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCrimsonEmo (Post 5327940)
The controls are the single worst thing about this game, I came close to giving up countless times but was determined to get my money's worth and complete this sucker.
Definitely a lesson learnt the hard way to always try a game before impulsively buying it. (especially if your buying digital)

Im sorry but this is a terrible excuse for your lack of skill. Ive been playing nights on my original saturn for years(last recent play through was in july) and it took me just a few levels of adaptation to for all A's, this game is not hard.

JaxTH 11-22-2012 12:08 PM

The controls have been patched.

RockMan Respect 11-23-2012 01:38 PM

It feels so weird for people to say the saturn controls are better than the 360. Much better than the dreamcast controls in my opinion

Baihu1983 11-29-2012 08:03 PM

Patch now out

We've released a patch for NiGHTS into dreams... on PSN and XBLA. First, we’ve adjusted the controls to allow analog input in 24 directions, which will give you greater control. Second, we’ve changed the drill-dash speed so it aligns with the Saturn version of the game. The patch is available now!

BoxNerd 03-05-2013 07:06 PM

Can anyone confirm the difference it makes?

Area88 03-10-2013 01:11 AM

The controls are PERFECT now. Plays exactly like the Sega Saturn version. The game is now very easy to aim for A ranks and leaderboard scores.