Achievement Guide + Roadmap
Adera: Episode One
-Estimated achievement difficulty: 2/10
-Estimated time for 200http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png: 1.5 - 3 hours
-Minimum playthroughs: 1 (+reload final checkpoint for 2 minutes)
-Offline: 18/18 (200http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png)
-Online: 0/18 (0http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png)
-Missable Achievements: 4 (See guide for more info)
-Unobtainable Achievements: 0
-Does difficulty affect achievements: No
-Cheats disable achievements: No cheats
-Glitched achievements: 0
-Extra equipment needed: Windows 8 PC or Tablet
Adera is a 3D point-and-click puzzle adventure game that follows Jane Sinclaire as she journeys to the mysterious city of Adera in search of her missing grandfather. Throughout the game, you will have to solve puzzles, collect artifacts, and explore the environments to reveal the mysteries of Adera. The game boasts vibrant, crisp visuals, but a rather weak, though sufficient storyline. Currently Episode One of the game is FREE in the Windows 8 Store.
Step 1: All collectibles and no skips or hints
Play through the game on the easiest difficulty Tourist, focusing on being very thorough and gathering all the collectibles that you can. Also, DO NOT to use any hints or skip any puzzles. If you are stuck, see the story-related achievements below for a brief walkthrough on finding items to progress through the story. Take note of the miscellaneous achievements as you can do most of those as well.
Step 2: 5 hints achievement and Mop-up
After beating the game, continue from the last checkpoint (just before the end cutscene). Use 5 hints in a row to get the "Gimme a Hint" achievement. Find the remaining collectibles using THIS guide and mop-up any of the miscellaneous achievements you may have remaining. There should be very few, if any.
Episode One can be completed in under 3 hours as long as you are careful of the missable achievements related to not using the hint/skip features in the game and those tied to the Hidden Object scenes. While the collectibles are often well hidden, you will likely find most of them with little trouble by yourself. For those that you miss, they can easily be tracked down in a few minutes using the collectible guide.
STORY RELATED ACHIEVEMENTS (7 for 85 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png)
The following 7 achievements are obtained just by progressing through the storyline and cannot be missed.
POSSIBLE SPOILERS IN THIS SECTION - CONTAINS SOLUTIONS IF YOU ARE STUCK SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO USE HINTS!
For a full video playthrough of the game, which may be used to help with the puzzles if you are stuck, click HERE (Credit: Hentei009 for creating).
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...7/UPqVhPE=.jpg Dear Diary - 5 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png
Use the journal
Just pick up the journal that is laying in the sand right in the front of the helicopter. It is hard to miss.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...7/+4yppQ==.jpg Life Saver - 10 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png
Revive Hawk with water and a medkit.
When you find Hawk he will be in pain and ask for a medkit. First you must get the key to the large green chest by the helicopter. It is partially buried in the sand under your journal. Unlock the chest. Then put the peroxide, bandages, and tape into the medkit to assemble it. Then give it to Hawk. He will then ask for water. Look inside the helicopter for the canteen (Hidden Object scene). Then backtrack to the canyon where you start to the small pond to fill the canteen. Return to Hawk and give it to him.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...7/-i5CXA==.jpg Orb Heirloom - 10 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png
Obtain the Vision Stone from the locked box in James's office.
After giving Hawk the canteen, the game will flash back to Scotland. Solve the locked box puzzle (the 2nd puzzle in the flashback) to receive the Vision Stone and unlock this achievement.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...7/+a2gEA==.jpg Canyon Pass - 10 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png
Find the three animal tokens and unlock the canyon gate.
The canyon gate is the one right next to the starting point of the game.
1) Spiral - Right next to the pond, guarded by a scorpion. You need to use the crowbar to remove the rocks and then a flashlight to see what is inside (found in area at base of pole with ice on it). Finally you need the red glove from the hood of the helicopter to actually be able to pick up the token. To get the it from the hood of the helicopter, you need to help Hawk move it with a log you get from the far side of the rift where you start. Get across that rift with the ladder (found in the Hidden Object scene in the helicopter) wrapped with the green material laying out by the pole with ice near the helicopter.
2) Bird - Use the knife (found outside helicopter) on the amber globe that is on the far side of the rift mentioned in the Spiral token above.
3) Squirrel - The puzzle for this token is located in the box across the rift mentioned above. You need to collect three weights to start the puzzle. One is near the base of the icy pole, the second above and to the left of the pond in a crack in the canyon wall, and the third is in the aloe plant next to the scorpion hole.
Once you have all three tokens, insert them into the door.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...7/UP3wg5U=.jpg Ritual Chamber - 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png
Enter then hidden valley of Adera through a secret chamber.
After opening the canyon gate, there are a few puzzles that need to be solved to enter the Adera Valley.
Raise the steps to cliff side door: For this you need to collect 3 metal slats and then use them to complete the simple puzzle.
1) By the pond at the start
2) Base of the third obelisk (to the right of the one you use to laser the cliff side)
3) In the zoom-in just left of the cliff side door
Cliff side door: Collect two pieces of marble disk. Then insert them into the cliff side door and click the handle.
1) After opening the canyon gate, take the right path and check the broken ship hull on the left.
2) In the same area as 1. You need to get the crane working to pull a buried crate out of the ground. First get the crank from the Hidden Object scene in the same area. Attach it to the crane. Then back and take the left path. A hook for the crane is located at the base of the obelisk to the right of the one you laser the mountainside with. Take the hook back to the crane and attach it to raise the crate for this piece.
Secret chamber door: Once in the secret chamber, first look at your feet and solve the puzzle to activate the four blue buttons around you. Then you need to find the 6 missing glowing blue shards. Once you collect them all, insert them in the correct buttons. Then click the door and solve the puzzle to open it.
1) Look to your right. Click on the pots under some metal cogs. Inside these pots.
2) Same as 1.
3) Click on big hole in the wall between to two blue buttons.
4) Still looking right, click on the pots to the right. Shard is inside those pots.
5) In the same location as 4, there is a hammer to pick up. Use it to smash the rightmost fiery enclosure behind you to reveal the shard.
6) Now looking left, it is inside the big pot near the left button.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...7/UPz+1Yw=.jpg Quetzal Aflame - 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png
Discover the way into a hidden city.
For this you need to repair the broken rope bridge by completing several puzzles. Once in Adera (jungle), take the left most path. Use the rope which you get from breaking the crate inside the broken ship hull to activate the windmill.
Lowering the drawbridge: You now need to use 7 collected gears to solve the puzzle to lower the drawbridge.
1) In a zoom-in directly to the left of the cliff side door
2) In the secret chamber with blue button, left side on the floor
3) After entering Adera, in a zoom-in to the right in the grass near a strange blue plant.
4) In the rocks to the left of the windmill.
5) Zoom-in on the rocks to the right of the windmill
6) Take the right of the two paths in Adera. On the ground in this new scene. Hard to miss.
7) Same area as 6, zoom-in on the rock to the left.
Make sure to pick up the whetstone in the zoom-in of the rocks to the right of the windmill. Then head over the bridge. Collect the stick from near the light magnification device and the axe from the zoom-in near the red flowers. Backtrack to the first jungle scene. Turn around, look up and use the stick on the vines above. Complete the Hidden Object scene to get the roll of paper and leather. Now take the right most path in the first jungle scene. Use the axe on the bushes blocking the path, it will break. Repair it with the leather, twine, and whetstone. The twine is gotten from the Hidden Object scene next to the broken ship hull. Axe the bushes again to reveal more scenes. Take the path straight ahead. Crossing this broken bridge is the final objective of Episode One. Pick up the talisman laying on the ground in plain sight by the bridge. Complete the following puzzles to finish the game.
Marble puzzle on floor after axing the bushes: Collect three marbles to start this puzzle and reveal a piece of wire.
1) Found in the crate that you used the crane to raise from under the sand.
2) Right on the ground near the light magnification device
3) Zoom-in on the rock to right of the broken rope bridge.
Makeshift string instrument to right in the first jungle scene: You need to complete the instrument and then play the correct notes on it.
1) Wire 1: Zoom-in of the pond at the very start of the game
2) Wire 2: Zoom-in of the rock to the right of the broken rope bridge
3) Wire 3: Reward for completing the marble puzzle
4) Spoked Rock: First get the sun-shaped key by completing the puzzle to the left of the light contraption. Then backtrack to the cliff side door scene. Click on the far right pillar with the design and insert the sun-shaped key. Click the hatch to get this rock.
5) Charcoal Rubbing: You need to make a charcoal rubbing for which notes to play on the instrument. First get the charcoal by zooming in on the rock to the left in the scene where you axed the bushes. You also need paper, which is obtained in the Hidden Object scene behind you in the vines when you enter Adera (same one as you got the leather). Take these items to the jungle floor (right path from scene with marble puzzle) and click on the panel. Use the cloth to clear the grime away (found by zooming in on plant to the left of the broken rope bridge). Then use the paper and charcoal to make the rubbing. Place them all into the instrument and play the notes in the correct order to reveal a focusing crystal.
Completing the light magnification device: Located over the windmill bridge. Requires 5 lenses and a focusing crystal.
1) Lens 1: Found in the crate pulled from the ground by the crane in the desert.
2) Lens 2: Found in the secret chamber with the blue buttons on the floor (facing forward, it's to the left)
3) Lens 3: In the scene with the marble puzzle, on the ground
4) Lens 4: At the jungle floor, zoom-in on the purple flower
5) Lens 5: You need the hammer and chisel for this one. The hammer is unmissable and must be collected in the secret chamber. The chisel is obtained from the zoom-in on the plant next to the marble puzzle. Hit it with the hammer to dislodge it and pick it up. In the first jungle scene, look left for a sparkling area. Zoom-in and use the chisel and hammer to free this lens.
6) Focusing Crystal: Rewarded for completing the string instrument (see above)
Click on the broken pillar piece of the device to repair it. Place the 5 lenses in the device and the crystal in the middle. Click each lens to focus the light on the crystal. Then head down to the newly lit area (next to marble puzzle). Insert the talisman (found on ground near broken rope bridge) and complete the puzzle to repair the rope bridge to Adera.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...7/UP7f3Dk=.jpg Across the Chasm - 20 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png
Avoid a deadly fall with a little help.
Simply cross the rope bridge towards Adera to conclude Episode One. The achievement unlocks at the end of the final cutscene before the credits.
MISCELLANEOUS ACHIEVEMENTS (7 for 75 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png)
The following 7 achievements are obtained just by completing miscellaneous tasks.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...7/UPi0jUQ=.jpg Gimme a Hint - 5 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png
Use the hint button five times.
This achievement can be done AFTER you complete the game and have obtained all of the achievements related to not using hints. From the main menu, just hit continue game and it will bring you to right before the final cut scene. Just hit the Hint button in the bottom right of the screen five times in a row (it does have a slight recharge time).
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...7/UPz2ni4=.jpg Keen-eyed sleuth - 5 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png
Complete a Hidden Object scene without using the Hint button.
*MISSABLE* Hidden Object scenes are those that task you with gathering a list of items from a mess of junk. There are several of these scene throughout the game, the first of which is inside the helicopter after giving Hawk the medkit. For this achievement, just do not use the Hint button. These is no time limit and the objects are usually not that well hidden. Look carefully. This is only missable in the sense that if you don't do it in your playthrough, you will have to delete your first save and start a new save for about 2 minutes.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...7/UP83bwg=.jpg Mad Tapper - 5 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png
Receive three rapid-tap warnings in a single Hidden Object scene.
*MISSABLE* Hidden Object scenes are those that task you with gathering a list of items from a mess of junk. There are several of these scene throughout the game, the first of which is inside the helicopter after giving Hawk the medkit. You need to repeatedly tap the screen on objects that are not on the list which causes the screen to get a broken likeness. Do this three times total in a single scene to unlock this achievement. This is only missable in the sense that if you don't do it in your playthrough, you will have to delete your first save and start a new one for about 2 minutes.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...7/-866zw==.jpg This Way, That Way - 5 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png
Travel back and forth between the same 2 scenes 4 times in 30 seconds.
Simple achievement. Just click a blue arrow to go forward to the next scene, then the back arrow (bottom right near the hint button) to go back to the previous scene. Quickly repeat this three more times and the achievement will unlock.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...7/-A9L6Q==.jpg A Helping Hand - 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png
Show your friends what you are doing in Adera using the Share charm.
While playing the game, take your mouse to the far top right corner of the screen to bring in the charms bar and click "share" (or use the Windows Key + H shortcut). Then select any of the available sharing options (ex. Mail or Skydrive). The achievement should pop without actually having to share your screenshot, so just back-out to the game. This achievement should not require an active network connect to unlock.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...7/+aXrsg==.jpg Aderan Paragon - 20 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png
Complete all of Episode One without using the Hint button.
*MISSABLE* NEVER use the Hint button during your entire playthrough. This will make the game a tad more challenging, but not much. The game revolves around collecting "hidden items" and using them in the correct place to progress through the story. Objects with a little blue puzzle piece on them require the use of one of more objects to solve. The game gives you a fairly substantial clue just by clicking on these items with the blue puzzle piece on them. Most items that are definitely related to the story will sparkle making them easier to see. See the first section of the guide (Story Related Achievements) for some general solutions to the games many puzzles.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...7/UPt1fGI=.jpg Focused Mind - 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png
Solve all the minigames in Episode One without skipping.
*MISSABLE* There are many minigame puzzles throughout the game. Most of them are quite simple and just require a little thought to solve. After about one minute has elapsed into the puzzle, a "Skip" button will pop-up in the upper left hand corner of the screen. To earn this achievement, NEVER click that button and solve all the puzzles. This will unlock after completing the last minigame in Episode One and backtracking one scene.
COLLECTIBLE ACHIEVEMENTS (4 for 40 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png)
The following 4 achievements are obtained by gathering all 45 collectibles in the game.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...7/UPlUddc=.jpg First Find - 5 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png
Gather your first collectible.
See "Attention to Detail."
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...7/+EUTIQ==.jpg Amateur Collector - 5 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png
Gather five collectibles.
See "Attention to Detail."
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...7/+mxRNg==.jpg Zealot Collector - 10 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png
Gather 40 collectibles.
See "Attention to Detail."
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...7/+2IHLw==.jpg Attention to Detail - 20 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png
Gather all collectibles in Episode One.
There are a total of 45 collectibles that need to be found in 9 different categories. Your collectibles do save across multiple playthroughs and only need to be found once. You can check which ones you are missing from the main menu under "Collections." Always check very closely around each scene and know what you are looking for (i.e. butterflies, small coins, plants etc.) A good tip for when you head into a side-scene (small zoomed-in area within larger scenes) is to continue looking until the game boots you back to the main scene (i.e. do not click the back button), which happens when you have found everything in that screen.
Click HERE for a guide with the locations of all the collectibles. It is recommended you play through once and find what you can on your own, rather than strictly following the collectible guide. You will find most on your own and going step-by-step through the guide can be unnecessarily tedious. Near the end of the game, or after completing the game and loading the final checkpoint, when all scenes are open to explore, you should use the guide to mop-up any collectibles you may have missed.
10/15/12 - Guide started and nearly complete.
10/16/12 - Added a link to the collectibles guide and also a walkthrough of sorts for the story based achievements.
10/20/12 - Added link to video playthrough thread made by Hentei009.
11/28/12 - Reduce the completion time in the Roadmap to 1.5-3 hours from 2-3 hours based on a tip. To finish in just 90 minutes, follow the guide and skip the cutscenes.
Reserved for future episodes.
Reserved for future episodes..
shortcut for share charm is win + h :)
I've already had a bunch of the collectables but if you un/reinstall it will reset your data
If you're missing a coin there's one in the dirt under you where you stand, right after opening the door to the jungle landscape. Took me 2 hours to find. The coin is the same color as the ground.
Looks like it's glitched then, I can't drag the weights. Luckily it isn't too far in, I'll restart and let you know what happens when I get back to it.
It was definitely a glitch, the game wouldn't let me drag the weights from the item bar. I uninstalled and re-downloaded it and it worked fine the second time round; I solved the puzzle myself, but I appreciate you linking a video.
Got the 100%, it took me around 2 hours using your guide. Thanks man! :)
I would just add, you can get the Aderan Paragon achievement on a second play though it you missed it by using a hint - you can run through again in about 30 minutes, if you got the achievement for not using skip puzzle, you can then use skip puzzle (but not hint) to get this one.
I'm done with the Walkthrough of ADERA, including location of collectibles in total are unlocked 170/200 GS
Yeah gonna give this a go. Appreciate all the work youve done Arsenic.. not only on this but on all your other guides :)
Thanks Arsenic. Made finding them last few collectibles a breeze. Prob took me only about an hour and half for the full 200 as skipped all the cut scenes as playing it remotely from work.
For Aderan Paragon. Play the game, use the hint button all you want. Once the game is completed, exit out and select Continue to play again. You'll start at the bridge. Cross it and when the cinematic starts the achievement will pop!
Pissed because first play through I only tapped Hint once to see what it did . . . useless so I never hit it again, but now I'm hosed. Looks like I'll have to delete the game and download again.
This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member Yunder and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:
Official x360a.org Adera / DLC: Episode 1 Achievement Guide and Roadmap
Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.
Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.
You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.
We look forward to your future submissions!
I swear I've collected all the collectibles It says im missing a butterfly, but I've spent the pass 2 hours searching high and dry for any collectible I would have missed any ideas were it may be.
|All times are GMT. The time now is 09:09 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.