Dealing with the missing Flag/Templar glitch
Hello guys, this is Yegues from Zauce Industries (http://www.youtube.com/zauceindustries)
For those that are going to start playing this game for the first time, or want to go back and 100% it before ACIII comes out, you need to be aware of this.
I am sure many of you are aware of the fact that randomly a flag or templar will not count. This happened to me with one of the Jerusalem flags. People say leave the area immediately but that won't always work, and you can't reload because the game auto saves so frequently.
This is how to easily deal with this achievement, with this method, I basically did 3 play-throughs within 2 days without even doing too much work:
1. If this isn't your first time playing, ie. you're only really going for the collectible achievements and some random stuff, then simply play through the game while you have a map up with all the locations. Use a paint program to white out everything you've done (use a different color for flags and templars)
2. You ONLY need to do the very minimum. Each district only requires 2-3 investigations to move to the assassination. So only do that. Get the viewpoints only since you need to know where flags are.
3. Just go through the game until you get to the flag/templar that doesn't count. No matter where it is, immediately stop collecting from that district, or entire town unless it's one of the Acre districts since they have separate achievements.
4. Beat the game and get any other achievement you need.
5. Start a new playthrough, you don't need to finish the game unless it's for another achievement.
6. Go even less stuff than before. Only do the required investigations, not even viewpoints. You can rush through a district in like 10 minutes if you know the cities. DO NOT COLLECT/KILL ANY FLAG/TEMPLAR THAT YOU ALREADY HAVE THE ACHIEVEMENT FOR!!!!!!!!! Only collecting what you need will give you more chances that you won't have that bugged again.
7. Go through until you get to the district/town that you need and do viewpoints and get the flags, do the minimum amount of investigations and move on until you get the achievement you missed before.
The reasoning behind this as far as I understand is that between all of the flags and templars, there will randomly be 1 that is bugged. It is entirely random and cannot easily be fixed.
To be honest that is very time consuming. It could work, but that means you would have to find all of them all over again. The advice maybe good, but I'm going to keep this option as a last resort.
personally never had any experience with said "glitch," the only reason i never got around to doing these flags is because of how many there were. usually im the type of gamer who doesn't mind collectables too:p.
just recently getting back into AC and i found it easy to get these, only need the middle district of Jerusalem now. i have just been collecting flags as i unlock the area, first viewpoints / citizens / investigation / flags, then i go to the bureau and start the assassination. i just found it easier to navigate with less clutter on the mini map.
I'm not sure I understand what you are explaining to do.
I'm about 2/3 finished in ACB with AC2 at 100% and AC1 at 93%. I really want to get AC1 to 100% but these stupid flags/templars really f'd me!
I'm missing 1 Templar after finding 1 that was glitched.
Missing 2 Kingdom flags and 1 Jerusalem flag.
Ugh 85GS unclaimed due to 3 flags and 1 templar.
EDIT: I went through Jerusalem last night took about an hour but finally found that last flag. Looks like I just gotta do the Kingdom once more and hope they are there.
This seems realy long.
Just to make sure I'm understanding you right:
You go through the game once normally, but completely ignore the flags/templars that were glitched last time around. Then play through the game again and collect the ones you needed.
I have this glitch happen as well. just leave the area for about 5 minutes. Also go very far away just so the disc re loads the glitched area
59/60 Templars problem.
After first playtrough ive missed one Templar.I have checked all locations in whole game 2 times without result...so ive decide for second playtrough this time with this rules:
1) After second assasination clear all templars in "Kingdome"-after first assasination not all locations with Templars are accsessible for You in Kingdome.
2) Do only investigations that You need to do(2-3 not more)
3) In every district first kill all templars,then investigation and assasination.
4) It dosent matter if You backstab templar or kill him in fight,but try to di it when You are not pursuit by gurds.
5) wrote down after every city district how much You have templars killed. Why?Beacuse in my case after 6th assasination I switched off console three templars has respawn in one district and i know that Ive killed them once before.Compare them with this list how much You have and how much You need more.
6) You can also try to make "Conversationalist" achievement in mean time.
Worked for me :-)
I did two playthroughs on it, both times I had 59/60 Templars. I marked down each one I killed on a map I had printed out both times. I have no idea how I screwed up :P But I never played it again after that.
Thanks!! gonna try it immediately!!!
none of them have ever glitched for me, and im on my 4th playthrough
|All times are GMT. The time now is 05:27 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.