XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Close Quarters (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2665)
-   -   CQDOM: worst game mode ever? (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=394359)

Rapturous Rich 10-26-2012 11:35 PM

CQDOM: worst game mode ever?

I just got done finishing the matches needed for this medal - that's 50 wins - and I can honestly say I think this is the worst addition to BF3 so far. I like the Close Quarters maps, I love Gun Master but Domination is just a horrible, horrible game mode.
It's like this mode was made especially for the Call of Duty players that came over to Battlefield and bashed it. All I saw in those 50 wins for terrible players that camp, camp, camp, camp and CAMP miles away from objectives and still try go to for good KD ratios at the end of a game.
I am so god damn glad to be done with this terrible mode after suffering through those 50 wins.

Who agrees/disagrees and why?

BBDrew84 10-26-2012 11:54 PM

I usually have to pump myself up to play CQDOM when my BF3 friends want to play it. I find the only thing it is good for is taking a lot of dog tags.

Really the only game mode I like is Conquest and Conquest Assault.

H0p3sfalL 10-27-2012 12:30 AM

I don't think it's that bad. I myself find it better then gun master. Also depends who your playing with/against along with the map.

Skillet 10-27-2012 06:05 AM

It is what it is, which is what you make of it.

Personally, I enjoy tossing C4 on flags. Sure, it pisses people off... but it never ceases to amaze me how many C4 kills I can get by doing that per game. Some people never learn.

Also, it's not nearly as bad as... [Tank Superiority]

H0p3sfalL 10-27-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skillet (Post 5353895)

Bingo! That mode sucks donkey dick

Rapturous Rich 10-27-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skillet (Post 5353895)
It is what it is, which is what you make of it.

Personally, I enjoy tossing C4 on flags. Sure, it pisses people off... but it never ceases to amaze me how many C4 kills I can get by doing that per game. Some people never learn.

See, shotguns and C4 are two of my favourite things in the [BF3] world but SO MANY servers ban them. I actually managed to find a no rules server (can you believe...) AND 100% tickets (long games on the other maps bore me, god knows how infuriated I would get on DOM) but at least I got to use my SPAS-12 and C4. I love the idiots who sit within the vicinity of a flag with their C4 clacker out... they make me laugh because I'm off capturing, say, C flag and detonating my B flag C4 - SO MANY POINTS! :p

As for Tank Superiority, that's next on my medal list (then it's just the Mortar to do to complete the collection) and already I really enjoyed the game I had last night after so many hours of tight, claustrophobic infantry action.
Though I think anything where you are hunting a medal/ribbon etc instantly makes something less enjoyable because it feels more like work than enjoyment.

Skillet 10-27-2012 03:28 PM

Server rules? What are those?

I don't listen to server rules. In fact, if the admins try to "ban" C4... it just encourages me to use it more often. And no, I don't get banned all that often. Weird, huh? They're technically not supposed to ban people from their servers for using weapons and equipment they don't like anyway.

Rapturous Rich 10-27-2012 04:08 PM

I got banned from virtually every server that rocked a no shotties, no C4 enforcement. I don't think being Colonel 100 helps because that brings with it all kinds of prejudice without breaking these cry babies precious rules.

mark197205 10-28-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapturous Rich (Post 5354435)
I got banned from virtually every server that rocked a no shotties, no C4 enforcement. I don't think being Colonel 100 helps because that brings with it all kinds of prejudice without breaking these cry babies precious rules.

How dare they hate on teh Richmeister..:p

Rapturous Rich 10-30-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark197205 (Post 5356890)
How dare they hate on teh Richmeister..:p

I know right! Maybe it's because I speak British English (see thread: How much of the DLC have you played? :p)

Opiate42 10-31-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skillet (Post 5354385)
Server rules? What are those?

I don't listen to server rules. In fact, if the admins try to "ban" C4... it just encourages me to use it more often.

No shotguns = use shotguns
No C4 = use C4
No = Use

An unjust law is no law at all. *quoth the Hippo*

I luuuurrrrvvvv those "rules". :) Makes me especially laugh to see "no stinger/Igla/Javelin and SOFLAM" on an air map. With the top players all of course in helis and jets.

So many wanker Badmins. So sooooo many....

Rapturous Rich 10-31-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Opiate42 (Post 5363008)
No shotguns = use shotguns
No C4 = use C4
No = Use

An unjust law is no law at all. *quoth the Hippo*

I luuuurrrrvvvv those "rules". :) Makes me especially laugh to see "no stinger/Igla/Javelin and SOFLAM" on an air map. With the top players all of course in helis and jets.

So many wanker Badmins. So sooooo many....

I loved this one CQDOM server I found - 100% tickets, all four maps - with the rule "NO STINGER/IGLA. WE MEAN IT!"

I mean...

Whaaaa?

Skillet 10-31-2012 06:05 PM

Technically, server admins aren't supposed to kick players for using certain types of weapon or equipment anyway. Though DICE only deals with this on PC and seems to ignore admin abuse on consoles.

But I don't mind. I enjoy being booted and banned... means I'm doing something right.

Benny34 10-31-2012 06:42 PM

to me its my fav mode. inb4gobacktocodcolonel100nolifefag

BBDrew84 10-31-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapturous Rich (Post 5363032)
I loved this one CQDOM server I found - 100% tickets, all four maps - with the rule "NO STINGER/IGLA. WE MEAN IT!"

I mean...

Whaaaa?

Haha. They have a sense of humor :p

I played on a server that once had a "No Guns, No Equipment, No one allowed to play on this server. If you kill me I will ban you." I thought that was quite funny

Opiate42 10-31-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skillet (Post 5363491)
But I don't mind. I enjoy being booted and banned... means I'm doing something right.

Truly. I think deep down we all enjoy making wankers cry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBDrew84 (Post 5363588)
I played on a server that once had a "No Guns, No Equipment, No one allowed to play on this server. If you kill me I will ban you." I thought that was quite funny

I'd tap that server.

Skillet 10-31-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBDrew84 (Post 5363588)
"No Guns, No Equipment, No one allowed to play on this server. If you kill me I will ban you." I thought that was quite funny

Pretty sure I played on that server. Or somebody copied the message. Either way, I chuckled.

HighsounD 11-01-2012 12:17 AM

After Rush, Condom is the best game mode in the game.

So easy to finish with 20k score per game while still maintaining my above 3 K/D.

I am a twitch shooter so of course I spank kids on these maps all day long with my Spas-12.

JORDAN K 95 11-03-2012 09:32 PM

its just conquest on smaller map, with quicker capture times.

i dont notice any difference between this and normal conquest

mark197205 11-03-2012 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapturous Rich (Post 5360970)
I know right! Maybe it's because I speak British English (see thread: How much of the DLC have you played? :p)

Indeed you do, in a most refined way too. :p

Zm4rc0 11-21-2012 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapturous Rich (Post 5354435)

Out to Kill server: 0 ban

Dr Jaynare 12-02-2012 12:35 PM

Cqdom

I don't think its bad, I enjoy it but defiantly tank superiority is worst then it.

Le Vampyr 12-21-2012 12:45 PM

lol server rules. As soon as one person in a game realises an admin isn't present, all the rules set are soon broken.

Conquest domination is a nice change of pace. I'd rather have it than not have it, as it's an extra game mode to play. The only thing I hate about it is scrubs that C4 flags.

SpectreSoldier 03-28-2013 09:54 PM

It's not so bad IMO.

Cpt Slaughter 04-01-2013 03:00 AM

I love CQDOM because the maps are smaller. I think of it as mini-Conquest. I think gun master is the worst addition to BF3.

Blackest Metal 06-15-2013 10:51 PM

Im loving this game mode. Ive had BF3 since launch but have barely played it due to the huge maps, vehicles that I suck with and get raped by, dodgy rented servers and a lack of teamwork

At least in CQDOM I can run around like an idiot and still do well haha, its more my style of FPS

Barad 06-15-2013 11:24 PM

Eww old thread.

Domination easily the best gametype in the game. :p

TitlingFrame52 10-24-2013 08:56 PM

No, CQDOM is my favorite, meanwhile there's Squad Deathmatch shudders