XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Happy Wars (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2419)
-   -   Why is this game so stupid? (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=394884)

PluralAces 10-28-2012 07:19 PM

Why is this game so stupid?
 
Why is this game so stupid and hard for no apparent reason? Anybody know? not to mention having to level up In multiplayer to play the story is the dumbest thing I have ever heard in video gaming.

BluWolve 10-28-2012 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PluralAces (Post 5356738)
Why is this game so stupid and hard for no apparent reason? Anybody know? not to mention having to level up In multiplayer to play the story is the dumbest thing I have ever heard in video gaming.

Good gamers can adapt to any game. You may think it is stupid, but that is only your opinion. My opinion is you just don't know how to play what is (in my opinion) an extremely simple game.

But hey, that is just my opinion.

SevenJesterHats 10-28-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PluralAces (Post 5356738)
Why is this game so stupid and hard for no apparent reason? Anybody know? not to mention having to level up In multiplayer to play the story is the dumbest thing I have ever heard in video gaming.

I disagree with everything u have said. This game is super FUN! I hope they will bring out some DLC in the future, maybe some new classes?? yay! new weapons\maps!! xD!

Now that i have 400\400 for this game, i still go back to it to lvl my mage :) too fun to put down.

assassinjay1229 10-28-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BluWolve (Post 5356860)
Good gamers can adapt to any game. You may think it is stupid, but that is only your opinion. My opinion is you just don't know how to play what is (in my opinion) an extremely simple game.

But hey, that is just my opinion.

THIS 100% I'm getting tired of people whining about anything and everything in games... If you don't like them don't play them, and for the love of God don't make threads just to complain... nobody cares!

Geoff66 10-29-2012 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PluralAces (Post 5356738)
Why is this game so stupid and hard for no apparent reason? Anybody know? not to mention having to level up In multiplayer to play the story is the dumbest thing I have ever heard in video gaming.

Sounds like you probably got your butt handed to you in the game and feel the need to complain to make up for it...:uzi:

~F0RcEx 10-29-2012 12:07 AM

Why is this thread so stupid?

Kairi 10-29-2012 01:37 AM

I personally do not think this game is stupid. Happy Wars may be very simple, but I still find it very enjoyable regardless. I must admit the concept of having to be a certain rank in multiplayer to continue on with the story is strange though.

Ceris 10-29-2012 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kairi (Post 5357538)
I personally do not think this game is stupid. Happy Wars may be very simple, but I still find it very enjoyable regardless. I must admit the concept of having to be a certain rank in multiplayer to continue on with the story is strange though.

^This. The way I describe this game to my friends is: "This game is stupid. It's fun, but stupid-fun."

twinkie 10-29-2012 04:30 AM

the only thing stupid in this game is your friendly AI in single player

Kairi 10-29-2012 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinkie (Post 5357856)
the only thing stupid in this game is your friendly AI in single player

Somehow I almost forgot about those. The War of the Worlds level gave me so much rage because the AI would not stop doing dumb things like constantly destroying the bridge. All of the AIs must have died around 30 times when I first attempted the level but then I took another route and beat it easily that time :P

B0seiju 10-29-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinkie (Post 5357856)
the only thing stupid in this game is your friendly AI in single player

You can pretty much tell them what to do with the RB voice commands, that makes it a lot easier ;).


OT: it's actually a pretty funny game with a/some friend(s). I had two nights in a row where a friend of mine and me are so into playing this game that it's around 2 or 3 o'clock in the night when we quit.

XBM Yosho 10-29-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PluralAces (Post 5356738)
Why is this game so stupid and hard for no apparent reason? Anybody know? not to mention having to level up In multiplayer to play the story is the dumbest thing I have ever heard in video gaming.


Jesus fuck, what the hell is wrong with people today. The game was free, I swear people find anything to bitch about.


This is almost as stupid as someone giving you one million dollars and you argue with them because they paid you in twenties and not one hundred dollar bills.


Take it for what it is.

fastNcurious 10-29-2012 05:11 PM

My main complaint about the game is that you can't tell how you got killed. I want the stupid death countdown to show me my stats vs the stats of the weapon used to kill me or the spell used, and any buffs, etc. I want to know how some dude can swing his sword once and kill 3 people who have full health. I can't get better at this game if I don't know why I'm doing bad. That's what this game fails at, imo.

twinkie 10-29-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B0seiju (Post 5358112)
You can pretty much tell them what to do with the RB voice commands, that makes it a lot easier ;)

even with the voice commands, they still go off on their own

Geoff66 10-29-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kairi (Post 5357875)
Somehow I almost forgot about those. The War of the Worlds level gave me so much rage because the AI would not stop doing dumb things like constantly destroying the bridge. All of the AIs must have died around 30 times when I first attempted the level but then I took another route and beat it easily that time :P

What's the other route? I tried this yesterday morning and the AI kept taking the bridge out as well...:eek:

Kairi 10-29-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoff66 (Post 5359379)
What's the other route? I tried this yesterday morning and the AI kept taking the bridge out as well...:eek:

When the level first starts, go right instead of straight like. Keep following that path and you will get to the enemy castle. You should do this mission as a Cleric and build a cannon to destroy the enemy's castle gate. Do not attack it up close or a lot more enemies will spawn.

Gackt 10-29-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XBM Yosho (Post 5358595)
Jesus fuck, what the hell is wrong with people today. The game was free, I swear people find anything to bitch about.


This is almost as stupid as someone giving you one million dollars and you argue with them because they paid you in twenties and not one hundred dollar bills.


Take it for what it is.

Not picking on you or anything but I find the complaining about people who complain far more annoying...lol.

OT: I really like this game, didn't think I would.

Geoff66 10-29-2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gackt (Post 5359404)
Not picking on you or anything but I find the complaining about people who complain far more annoying...lol.

OT: I really like this game, didn't think I would.

But aren't you complaining about people who complain about complainers? :woop:

Thanks Kairi, I'll give it a go tomorrow!

Gackt 10-29-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoff66 (Post 5359442)
But aren't you complaining about people who complain about complainers? :woop:

Thanks Kairi, I'll give it a go tomorrow!

lol, nope! :D

Kairi 10-29-2012 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoff66 (Post 5359442)
But aren't you complaining about people who complain about complainers? :woop:

Thanks Kairi, I'll give it a go tomorrow!

Your welcome! Here is a video that shows it incase you want a visual aid of how to do it. This shows the route and is similar to what I told you to try:

bensonrecon 11-03-2012 05:56 PM

It's a fun game.....sadly a fun game that is ruined by poor matchmaking and retards that exploit game breaking glitches to win on something that is FREE.....but fun when it works as intended

Knivesz 11-05-2012 08:03 PM

I would have gladly paid for this game if it werent free. This game is extremely simple and satisfyingly fun, especially with friends. The more the merrier. Sure the matchmaking may be a little buggy but im more than content with it seeing as it was FREE.

I dont understand how some people can complain about something when it didnt cost them anything to acquire it. If you dont like it dont play it. Simple-

KayCeaEffahless 11-08-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastNcurious (Post 5358833)
My main complaint about the game is that you can't tell how you got killed. I want the stupid death countdown to show me my stats vs the stats of the weapon used to kill me or the spell used, and any buffs, etc. I want to know how some dude can swing his sword once and kill 3 people who have full health. I can't get better at this game if I don't know why I'm doing bad. That's what this game fails at, imo.

Ya know I wonder about that sometimes myself. I have a pretty good staff for my mage and sometimes my damage is top tier. Other times I'm barely denting their health at all and I die in a few hits. Some of it is linked to lag though because I'll get killed but then get a triple kill after I died:( Or I'll be attacking them with no damage being done and no hit stun, they kill me, and then their health bar finally decides to drop to almost empty. Add that lag to the random DCing and poor/long matchmaking and you've got a recipe for rage:mad: and maybe a lil confusion:confused:.

Even with the upgraded equipment most times I don't really feel a difference. Especially since you can still get MOBBED no matter how good your equipment is. That's what makes this game tough for me, because I can know what I'm supposed to do and where I'm supposed to go to get the job done. But then with a team of up to 16 ppl that usually suck, my skills are pretty much forfeit=_=. But "excuses" aside I will admit that having good strategy has won me a few hopeless matches. And that feels pretty good when the odds were completely against my team.

My conclusion: Not the GREATEST game ever, atm until they fix the match making it's not even a GOOD game(more of a FINE/OK one). But it has potential once some things are ironed out. And it can be pretty addicting/fun if u keep it playful. If you try to take this game too seriously it just becomes frustrating. And at the end of the day this game is free(and I'm a poor soul~) so can't gripe too much!

Moody3164life 11-09-2012 03:48 PM

Great game. Very simplistic. Yet difficult to master. For being free it is what it is. Matchmaking does need a fix. Other than that. I think this game is real solid. Even though I keep getting owned in multiplayer, I find it enjoyable enough to keep playing to level up my characters.
The only thing Im not understanding is the team skill? I try to launch it but nothing happens.

I hope this game gets some DLC in the future.

xRaW CaRNage x 11-09-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moody3164life (Post 5385418)
Great game. Very simplistic. Yet difficult to master. For being free it is what it is. Matchmaking does need a fix. Other than that. I think this game is real solid. Even though I keep getting owned in multiplayer, I find it enjoyable enough to keep playing to level up my characters.
The only thing Im not understanding is the team skill? I try to launch it but nothing happens.

I hope this game gets some DLC in the future.

It's depending on what team skill you are trying to launch. If you are looking for kills with it , use the mage. All the mages team skills are very affective for getting kills. Also make sure there are plenty of players in your team skills circles.

OT the games matchmaking has gotten significantly better since the update. The game is really fun and very addictive. Can't recall bitch since it's free

DMV 11-11-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PluralAces (Post 5356738)
Why is this game so stupid and hard for no apparent reason? Anybody know? not to mention having to level up In multiplayer to play the story is the dumbest thing I have ever heard in video gaming.

And exactly how many days have you been playing? I completed the game already because I got used to it. It's easy - just keep playing it....... Or you can keep badmouthing it while everyone else haves fun with it.

Stubbs4k 11-12-2012 03:16 PM

The worst thing about complaint threads is that they get more attention and feedback from a community than question or strategy threads. Hence why they exist and will keep existing. Giving attention to a social problem such as this only feeds it.

"Well there's your problem."

Sketchy behavior has been happening on the game in the form of oddly overpowered individuals and questionable connectivity status. Games that do not have a huge financial backing in a security server construct tend to suffer the old tricks. Lag switching, bridging, etc etc. I've only noticed it when playing with tops on the leaderboards or league sensitive quick matches. Shady stuff at the top. But also, those tops have poured a TON of money into Happy Cards to try and get the best of the best. So some of those kills are from a $100+ investment to have an uber gear smite you down, or a sketchy game manipulation that they justify as "protecting their investment."

If you ever need to take a break from others cheating or using cash to smack you down, just play Coop Mode. The AI will never lag switch you.

RocketHarmony 11-17-2012 06:08 PM

It's hard. hard but fun. :)

ChickinOnaChain 11-17-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PluralAces (Post 5356738)
Why is this game so stupid and hard for no apparent reason? Anybody know? not to mention having to level up In multiplayer to play the story is the dumbest thing I have ever heard in video gaming.

Maybe that's why it was free. I don't know. I haven't played it or even checked it out. It's been ages since I looked around the dashboard.

InsaneKane87 11-24-2012 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XBM Yosho (Post 5358595)
Jesus fuck, what the hell is wrong with people today. The game was free, I swear people find anything to bitch about.


This is almost as stupid as someone giving you one million dollars and you argue with them because they paid you in twenties and not one hundred dollar bills.


Take it for what it is.

I love your response, it's perfect.

People complain because they don't get free games and have to pay for everything and then a game is out for free and because it's.. too "hard" for them they bitch about it especially to call a game stupid?

I know some people who try a game for 5 minutes and give up when they didn't take the time to learn how it works. If more gamers did that and took the time to learn they wouldn't be making pointless threads like this.


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.