XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lollipop Chainsaw (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2348)
-   -   Was I the only one who had hardly any trouble getting No Fear of Heights Achievement? (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399502)

TheSilentAssassin 11-13-2012 11:45 AM

Was I the only one who had hardly any trouble getting No Fear of Heights Achievement?

Hey guys,

I heard on this forum how difficult people had found this achievement. I had a look at some videos on youtube and it didn't look too hard. Had a try and I died 5 times and got it on the 6th. Just need a bit of luck with the drops on the last section before the goal.
How many times did you try before you got it?

JLogan27 11-14-2012 05:07 PM

Congrats on that.

I believe I did it on the 27th try.

Midnight Malice 11-23-2012 08:58 AM

Didn't watch any vids, just took my time and learned the patterns, took maybe 5-6 times, sometimes the guys dropping the stuff all drop at the same time. Need a tad bit of luck there, but not too difficult.

UKHC1977 12-03-2012 02:06 PM

I found on the last third you just had to go for it rather than wait round looking for patterns in how the guys dropped things down on you. The best thing i also found was jumping into a lane where an object had been dropped moving up then jumping to another lane when something went past in that one. You occasionally get it where theres no way to get past with the ammount of stuff getting dropped on you.

eWesWhiteTiger 02-14-2013 11:16 PM

It was for sure one of the harder achievements of the game. I lost count on how many tries it took but finally nailed it

Rapture639 02-19-2013 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin (Post 5393804)
Was I the only one who had hardly any trouble getting No Fear of Heights Achievement?

Yes

10 character limit.

IceKingz 02-23-2013 06:44 PM

Iirc it took me around 15 tries I think? It's definitely the hardest achievement in the game but it's not something that should take people weeks to get let alone maybe an hour. The frustrating part is how easy and simple the game is when you can shoot again.

amacteur 02-25-2013 02:56 PM

It took me roughly 20 to 30 tries... :mad:

DarkSephiroth 03-19-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin (Post 5393804)
Hey guys,

I heard on this forum how difficult people had found this achievement. I had a look at some videos on youtube and it didn't look too hard. Had a try and I died 5 times and got it on the 6th. Just need a bit of luck with the drops on the last section before the goal.
How many times did you try before you got it?

That's the problem for me as I'm the unluckiest gamer ever -__-

Super Cow Man Guy 03-20-2013 03:03 PM

It took me about 8 tries and lot of swearing at the TV. It was frustrating but it wasn't too bad, I just got lucky on my 8th attempt and the seas parted...

thenutman69321 05-26-2013 12:18 AM

I don't understand what people are talking about when they say this is so hard either. Took me 4 tries, no videos. I was expecting this to be extremely hard after all I'd read online. Maybe if you're younger and haven't played old school retro games then you have trouble, IDK that's just my theory.

Buruma 06-25-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenutman69321 (Post 5793683)
I don't understand what people are talking about when they say this is so hard either. Took me 4 tries, no videos. I was expecting this to be extremely hard after all I'd read online. Maybe if you're younger and haven't played old school retro games then you have trouble, IDK that's just my theory.

Yeah. No. I grew up with the SNES and Sega Genesis. Rarely encountered a game I couldn't beat... and this mini game still kicked my ass. :p Luck really becomes a factor with the random drops especially once you approach the three rows near the top of the building. Some people were just luckier than others, I think. The poor collision detection during that mini-game doesn't help.