XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mister Torgue's Campaign of Carnage (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2875)
-   -   Tier three race is rediculous ! (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=401684)

DGKALLDAYKAY 11-20-2012 04:17 PM

Tier three race is rediculous !

I'm having some problems with this side mission :/ I using the light vehicle and using all the shortcuts but always manage to barley get there by 4 to 5 ad counts and I fail is there any tips yet o. This am I missing important routes other than the 2 ramps that take you up on the highway ?

VVh1pCr3am 11-20-2012 04:37 PM

Watch this video.

Watch where he boosts in the video and mimic it. You can also pull up a little bit further at the start than he did and gain a couple extra seconds.

Marriott 11-20-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VVh1pCr3am (Post 5410517)
Watch this video.

Borderlands 2 - Tier 3 Battle: The Death Race Walkthrough - Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage - YouTube

Watch where he boosts in the video and mimic it. You can also pull up a little bit further at the start than he did and gain a couple extra seconds.

Thanks for posting the video. It helped me beat this race. Do you have to do the "rematch" too?

vVLelouchVv 11-20-2012 05:21 PM

i believe you do have to do the rematch since it counts as a separate mission in the quest log so i would do it

Marriott 11-20-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vVLelouchVv (Post 5410622)
i believe you do have to do the rematch since it counts as a separate mission in the quest log so i would do it

Yeah, I did it just to be safe.

vVLelouchVv 11-20-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marriott (Post 5410650)
Yeah, I did it just to be safe.

ya that mission was a pain but i did it to be safe and i just got the achievement just need to get the rest of the moxxi pictures :D

DarkGin87 11-20-2012 06:41 PM

struggling

im having trouble this is hard

i notice you also miss 1 second n the clock it goes from 1 45 to 1 43

anyone got the relice that adds to boost for cars?

vVLelouchVv 11-20-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkGin87 (Post 5410794)
im having trouble this is hard

i notice you also miss 1 second n the clock it goes from 1 45 to 1 43

anyone got the relice that adds to boost for cars?

i have the one that you get from the one mission in the dust

DarkGin87 11-20-2012 07:21 PM

can i have

Quote:

Originally Posted by vVLelouchVv (Post 5410821)
i have the one that you get from the one mission in the dust

can i have it? id happy dupe all my collection of of weapons for you

calex deus 11-20-2012 07:28 PM

Hmmmm gave it one attempt there before looking on the internet for solution as I knew from the time given it was going to be a pain, I wonder is this one you can cheat using two controllers ........ I try it later and report back if it works :p

Iv AJay vI 11-20-2012 08:54 PM

I just did it in Co-Op. I hate the timed missions, so I just had a friend sit at the second check point and I ran through the other two. Knocked em out very easily that way.

IOnEI Falcon 11-20-2012 09:00 PM

AJay, how does doing it co-op or splitscreen help with the time?

Iv AJay vI 11-20-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IOnEI Falcon (Post 5411079)
AJay, how does doing it co-op or splitscreen help with the time?

Both of us sitting at different checkpoints means I don't have to do an entire lap. How does that not make sense?

ChickinOnaChain 11-20-2012 09:08 PM

So is this DLC a bunch of timed races? If it is, I'm wasting my time DL-ing now. I hate them because I suck at them.

Iv AJay vI 11-20-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain (Post 5411100)
So is this DLC a bunch of timed races? If it is, I'm wasting my time DL-ing now. I hate them because I suck at them.

No, it has some stupid tier'd side quests that you have to do three times. One of them is a race and it's just a pain in the ass. This DLC is ridiculously short though.. Not a fan.

ChickinOnaChain 11-20-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iv AJay vI (Post 5411110)
No, it has some stupid tier'd side quests that you have to do three times. One of them is a race and it's just a pain in the ass. This DLC is ridiculously short though.. Not a fan.

Thanks for that AJay. I'm still DL-ing and dreading it already. Do it three times...WTF?

VVh1pCr3am 11-20-2012 09:19 PM

None of the rematch tier side quest missions are required for the side quest achievement. I had this quest left and when I completed tier 3 the side mission achievement popped. I still had this quest's rematch to do but had already done the other two side quests that have rematches. So I would assume that the rematches are not required.

IOnEI Falcon 11-20-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iv AJay vI (Post 5411092)
Both of us sitting at different checkpoints means I don't have to do an entire lap. How does that not make sense?

I couldn't picture how the racing went with two people. Never done it before. I wasn't sure if you were racing each other or if it was really co-operative.

JuSt BLaZe 11-20-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iv AJay vI (Post 5411110)
This DLC is ridiculously short though.. Not a fan.

Same here!

Iv AJay vI 11-20-2012 10:33 PM

Even the raid boss was easy as fuck. All I need is the rest of the Moxxi Portraits and I'm done.

tripleb2k 11-20-2012 10:35 PM

How long is it taking to complete? I read 5 hours (can't remember if it was on here or somewhere else).

Iv AJay vI 11-20-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tripleb2k (Post 5411278)
How long is it taking to complete? I read 5 hours (can't remember if it was on here or somewhere else).

Lol 5 hours? Maybe if you do P1 and P2. You're looking at more like 2-3. The main quest is really short, and if I remember correctly, there are only like 12-13 sides (some of which are tier'd). Overall it's a really short, really sub-par DLC. No bueno.

tripleb2k 11-20-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iv AJay vI (Post 5411337)
Lol 5 hours? Maybe if you do P1 and P2. You're looking at more like 2-3. The main quest is really short, and if I remember correctly, there are only like 12-13 sides (some of which are tier'd). Overall it's a really short, really sub-par DLC. No bueno.

That's all? hmm still better than Underdome.

InfiniteRefrain 11-20-2012 11:06 PM

You do NOT need to follow the track -- just be close the markers and you can drive off the road to shave off the seconds you need. BE SURE to use the large ramp to get to the highway section above the area and then drop back down -- can bypass 1/4-1/3 of the track

MysticMidnite04 11-20-2012 11:55 PM

I did it in Co-Op as well and recommend doing so if you can get another player to help. It's so much easier when two players camp each half of the track

JuSt BLaZe 11-21-2012 12:49 AM

Man THIS MOTHERFUCKING GAME IS SO MOTHERFUCKING BROKE I CAN'T MOTHERFUCKING believe it.

Those fucking bikers all over the place and when I try to clean the lap they re-spawn as soon as I start the race and even worse their vehicles remain on the road as a fucking invisible wall which makes me stuck sometime.

Fix this shit, Gearbox up my ass...

Direkin 11-21-2012 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vVLelouchVv (Post 5410622)

Not likely, since you can complete the quest as many times as you like.
Quote:

Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe (Post 5411594)
Man THIS MOTHERFUCKING GAME IS SO MOTHERFUCKING BROKE I CAN'T MOTHERFUCKING believe it.

Those fucking bikers all over the place and when I try to clean the lap they re-spawn as soon as I start the race and even worse their vehicles remain on the road as a fucking invisible wall which makes me stuck sometime.

Fix this shit, Gearbox up my ass...

Yeah, that happened to me as well. Luckily the invisible wall disappeared completely at some point and I was able to complete the races.

Scotty 11-21-2012 08:25 PM

this race is a fucking joke!! im so pissed off right now doing this. its not even the route you take, its the fucking shitty driving mechanics. you could do the exact same jump twice and land in completely different ways and that fucking annoying little stop turn that you do, that happens when you turn on a small ramp is fucking infuriating!!

StayonTarget 11-21-2012 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain (Post 5411113)
Thanks for that AJay. I'm still DL-ing and dreading it already. Do it three times...WTF?

On the brightside, I'll end up suffering and doing it so then I can join your game and you hop in the gunners seat. XD

Croc 494 11-23-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottttocs (Post 5413647)
this race is a fucking joke!! im so pissed off right now doing this. its not even the route you take, its the fucking shitty driving mechanics. you could do the exact same jump twice and land in completely different ways and that fucking annoying little stop turn that you do, that happens when you turn on a small ramp is fucking infuriating!!

Feeling the same way dude, giving up on this for today fuck this race, and fuck having to do it 4 times over. Shitty glitched out piece of crap.