XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mister Torgue's Campaign of Carnage (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2875)
-   -   Best place to farm for Obsessed? (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=401791)

incinerator950 11-21-2012 12:12 AM

Best place to farm for Obsessed?

I've found the pictures mostly outside of the Bar in the Beatdown, but I've read people found many or some there too.

tripleb2k 11-21-2012 12:57 AM

Pyro Pete's Bar - Bar Brawl Tier 3 seems to be what people are suggesting. I've gone through that battle 10 times and have 4 picture so far. It's not perfect but there's a lot of Badasses in there that drop pictures. You'll also get a ton of Tokens too.

WARNING though - I've seen my money stolen by Rat Thieves and disappear. I kill them and I see my money fall through the floor!! $200k just gone. I know it's not difficult to make money in this game but to see $200k disappear is heartbreaking in any game :P. I've lost about $400K now because of that glitch so becareful... (I hope it only affects me and not a majority).

Hybridchld 11-21-2012 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tripleb2k (Post 5411612)

WARNING though - I've seen my money stolen by Rat Thieves and disappear. I kill them and I see my money fall through the floor!! $200k just gone. I know it's not difficult to make money in this game but to see $200k disappear is heartbreaking in any game :P. I've lost about $400K now because of that glitch so becareful... (I hope it only affects me and not a majority).

Had that happen to me too but it was over 4mil.

I just signed in an alt and transfered all my money to that.

incinerator950 11-21-2012 01:55 AM

Commando Nuke and Breath of Terramorpheous grenade makes the Bar fights incredibly quick.

JuSt BLaZe 11-21-2012 02:11 AM

My last achievement and I'm at 13/10 pictures now, still nothing. Lame ass DLC!

incinerator950 11-21-2012 02:14 AM

God damnit

JuSt BLaZe 11-21-2012 02:28 AM

Alright finally got the http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...8/UPvvT9w=.jpg achievement with 15 collected pictures and yeah I also farmed at the Pyro Pete's Bar!

incinerator950 11-21-2012 02:30 AM

Is it one sitting or can I save and quit and do it later like Revolutions?

tripleb2k 11-21-2012 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by incinerator950 (Post 5411822)
Is it one sitting or can I save and quit and do it later like Revolutions?

It's spread out through out the playthrough so 'save and quit' as you said.

4thyondaime 11-21-2012 04:40 AM

I can confirm what blaze says is true I just popped the achievement and it does in fact require 15 pictures of moxxi instead of 10 like the description says hope that helps and resolves anybody's worries oh yeah I also farmed them at Pete's pyro bar level 3 tier and I just zoned in and out of the bar then saved and quit just to clear up the floor from all the loot

Hybridchld 11-21-2012 04:44 AM

Only took 11 for me. Does seem to be quite glitchy though.

Junkdewd 11-21-2012 05:10 AM

Instead of activating the quest, just walk in and shoot someone. It sets off about a 10 minute or so brawl, and a couple dozen or more badasses over the mission repeat. Just exit the bar and come back and they resawm. I farmed my pics in less than an hour. Achievement unlocked at 10 for me. You will lose most of your money in the process for sure though.

JuSt BLaZe 11-21-2012 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkdewd (Post 5412087)
You will lose most of your money in the process for sure though.

I didn't loose a single dime, just pick it up again. :p

incinerator950 11-21-2012 05:53 AM

Got it. Anyone find Tiny Tina's Cobra Rifle?

IOnEI Falcon 11-21-2012 06:27 AM

Where do you see how many you have?

HeartbreakRidge 11-21-2012 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IOnEI Falcon (Post 5412176)
Where do you see how many you have?

Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't see this either!

Direkin 11-21-2012 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe (Post 5412120)
I didn't loose a single dime, just pick it up again. :p

Dunno. I lost about 3 mil when a rat stole from me and promptly vanished. Really, I didn't see a rat run away, nor did I see one anywhere in the bar after I killed the badass griefing me.

IOnEI Falcon 11-21-2012 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeartbreakRidge (Post 5412188)
Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't see this either!

Haha, serious! Every time I pick one up there is no counter and I am going through the menus trying to find it and nothing.

WalterWhite 11-21-2012 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tripleb2k (Post 5411612)
Pyro Pete's Bar - Bar Brawl Tier 3 seems to be what people are suggesting. I've gone through that battle 10 times and have 4 picture so far. It's not perfect but there's a lot of Badasses in there that drop pictures. You'll also get a ton of Tokens too.

You don't even have to activate the Bar Brawl mission. Just go into the bar and start killing, the enemies respawn for quite awhile and when they stop just save and reload. I lost millions from those Rat Thieves also, so stupid. I went through a couple times before I saw this and at one point I looked at my money and I only had around 600K, when I started today I had about 8 million. A couple of million were lost from dying (drove right off into the open desert exploring what looks explorable only to get blown up) and the rest I guess the Rat Thieves are buying drinks with.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe (Post 5411775)
My last achievement and I'm at 13/10 pictures now, still nothing. Lame ass DLC!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe (Post 5411815)
Alright finally got the http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...8/UPvvT9w=.jpg achievement with 15 collected pictures and yeah I also farmed at the Pyro Pete's Bar!

My achievement didn't unlock until well after ten, maybe it was fifteen but it felt even higher. I stopped counting when I knew it was wrong. It's good to see the idiots making this DLC haven't learned a single thing from the glitched collectables in the Robot Revolution DLC. It would have been nice to have a counter in the list of area challenges.

I still haven't beat Pete The Invincible, I ran out of ammo and got tired of running around. It wasn't a case of difficulty but I was tired and wasn't going to run circles around him for another half hour picking at the ammo boxes. He seems better balanced than the last raid bosses.

I only have a couple good things to say about this forgettable piece of content. The new vending machines look cool and it's nice to be able to buy some legendaries from them and I like that the new tokens are reasonably obtainable. I ended up with 587 tokens by the end of my grind. There were a couple of standout envoironments but the majority of this thing felt pretty phoned in.

HeartbreakRidge 11-21-2012 07:56 AM

I ended up doing the shoot someone in the bar, let fight rage and swoop in to find tokens and pictures, lather rinse repeat method. No idea how many it took (since there's not a handy counter), but it did pop. Glad THAT's done.

Andreas_loel 11-21-2012 08:23 AM

Nice to get a confirm that im not the only one getting fucked on this achievement, will have to farm a bit more and hopefully it unlocks.

incinerator950 11-21-2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direkin (Post 5412190)
Dunno. I lost about 3 mil when a rat stole from me and promptly vanished. Really, I didn't see a rat run away, nor did I see one anywhere in the bar after I killed the badass griefing me.

I've lost over 20 mil.

Nusentinsaino 11-21-2012 09:08 AM

Guys... guys... You DO NOT LOSE THE MONEY... they are actually dropped by the rats but the money is NOT yellow anymore, they are white.

incinerator950 11-21-2012 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nusentinsaino (Post 5412346)
Guys... guys... You DO NOT LOSE THE MONEY... they are actually dropped by the rats but the money is NOT yellow anymore, they are white.

We know, sometimes the rats slip away and the money gets piled behind something that's easily missed.

Direkin 11-21-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nusentinsaino (Post 5412346)

Wrong.
Quote:

Originally Posted by incinerator950 (Post 5412350)
We know, sometimes the rats slip away and the money gets piled behind something that's easily missed.

Right. Plus also if they make it back to their rat hole/hatch/whatever, then the cash is gone for good as well (source: loading screen quick tips).

Losing 20mil sucks bad though.

Iv AJay vI 11-21-2012 02:02 PM

I started this DLC with about 8 mill. Literally have about 35,000 right now.

calex deus 11-21-2012 02:04 PM

Guys the achievement is NOT glitched nor is the description wrong, in fact it is 100% accurate, just look at what you are picking up, took me well over 10 before I actually stopped and looked at the things that were dropping.

3 things can drop a picture of moxxi, this won't count as it's actually a poster, a frame with a blank white space, this doesn't count either, what does count is the framed picture of her, really bloody annoying :mad:

ChickinOnaChain 11-21-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hybridchld (Post 5411688)
Had that happen to me too but it was over 4mil.

I just signed in an alt and transfered all my money to that.

Me too! I shot that a-hole PDQ and got my money back.

As for farming there, I never knew there was anything special in this DLC. Good to know.

JuSt BLaZe 11-21-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WalterWhite (Post 5412197)
My achievement didn't unlock until well after ten, maybe it was fifteen but it felt even higher. I stopped counting when I knew it was wrong. It's good to see the idiots making this DLC haven't learned a single thing from the glitched collectables in the Robot Revolution DLC. It would have been nice to have a counter in the list of area challenges.

100% agree on this one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by calex deus (Post 5412752)
Guys the achievement is NOT glitched nor is the description wrong, in fact it is 100% accurate, just look at what you are picking up, took me well over 10 before I actually stopped and looked at the things that were dropping.

3 things can drop a picture of moxxi, this won't count as it's actually a poster, a frame with a blank white space, this doesn't count either, what does count is the framed picture of her, really bloody annoying :mad:

Makes actually sense and I thought they were 10 different pictures but that would take way longer. Still though the developers fucked up again.

Klebo 11-21-2012 04:59 PM

I used Pyro Pete's Bar Brawl as my farming spot and got it in 10 portraits of Moxxi :). So I don't know why some people had to get 11 or 15 or more.

Anyway thats this DLC complete. Minus this achievement I thought the DLC was okay