XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fallout 3 (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=630)
-   -   please help! (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=402862)

brownstar ninja 11-25-2012 03:34 AM

please help!

I got the sheriff shot in megaton...but i want "the power of the atom" achievement...did i screw myself?

dvdubb 11-25-2012 04:13 AM

hmm...been awhile since i played the game, but you just might....hopefully you a save-game prior to shooting the sheriff....

Akir388 11-25-2012 04:21 AM

I believe you have two options. Reload a previous save or blow up Megaton. I recommend the first option, because keeping Megaton intact is far more beneficial than blowing it up. If you do not have a previous save, go find Mister Burke inside Moriarty's Saloon in Megaton. He will task you with detonating the bomb. Once you complete the task you will get the achievement. Note: it is considered a very evil act.

Before blowing up Megaton, make sure you:

-get the Strength Bobblehead from Lucas Simms house located upstairs on the desk
-start The Wasteland Survival Guide quest by going to Craterside Supply and talking to Moira Brown

McGoogles 11-25-2012 05:59 AM

I'm pretty sure you can talk to his son (Harden Simms) to get the quest and defuse the bomb.

brownstar ninja 11-25-2012 11:45 PM

Thank you all i will try talking to his son because i don't know if i have a save that far back sadly...also one more question...if i play on super easy will i reach LVL 30 by the time i am done all the dlc and what not?

ReaptheChaos 12-02-2012 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brownstar ninja (Post 5422341)
Thank you all i will try talking to his son because i don't know if i have a save that far back sadly...also one more question...if i play on super easy will i reach LVL 30 by the time i am done all the dlc and what not?

Yes. Difficulty level has no bearing on XP earned.

cccxDOTbelieve 03-27-2013 10:06 AM

#4 Exactly right, the sherrif's son becomes the link to the mission is disarming is your choice.

ObviousTemple 04-10-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReaptheChaos (Post 5435755)
Yes. Difficulty level has no bearing on XP earned.

According to in game messages during load screens difficulty does indeed effect the amount of XP earned. To test it, I shot a raider on super easy and got 6 XP, then reloaded a save, switched to easy, and got 9 XP for the same raider. It's not a huge difference and I highly doubt it would stop you from getting level 30, though it will take much longer.

McGoogles 04-11-2013 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ObviousTemple (Post 5693915)
According to in game messages during load screens difficulty does indeed effect the amount of XP earned. To test it, I shot a raider on super easy and got 6 XP, then reloaded a save, switched to easy, and got 9 XP for the same raider. It's not a huge difference and I highly doubt it would stop you from getting level 30, though it will take much longer.

He was probably thinking of Fallout: New Vegas as the same amount of experience is given on all difficulty levels.

Deadsea 18 04-11-2013 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McGoogles (Post 5421005)
I'm pretty sure you can talk to his son (Harden Simms) to get the quest and defuse the bomb.

This. Even if Lucas is dead you can finish the quest by talking to his son Harden. If you can't find him walking around Megaton he will be at his house to find it go into Megaton and take a right,first house you see. Make sure you don't picklock the house as this will cause him to freak out and leave. Go there during daytime when the house is unlocked and talk to Harden. Quest Completed. :woop:

Make sure to grab the Bobblehead upstairs in Lucas's house or it will be lost when the city is destroyed,screwing the 2 bobblehead achivements.