- Trine 2
- - Achievement Guide
||11-29-2012 01:33 AM
Credit goes to VeNGeD for the Overview.
- Estimated achievement difficulty: 2/10
- Offline: 12(200)
- Online: 0
- Approximate amount of time to 100%: 3-5 hours
- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1
- Number of missable achievements: None
- Do cheat codes disable achievements? No cheat codes
- Does difficulty affect achievements? No
- Glitchy achievements? No
- Unobtainable achievements? None
- Extra equipment needed? No
Stand on a plank floating on a single airflow for four seconds
For this you need to conjure a plank over a vertical steam vent and 'surf' the plank for 4 seconds.
Simply ride the steam vent to its peak and conjure a plank as close to your feet as possible. Be sure to get the plank as level and to the centre as you can. In the event the plank starts to tilt then simply walk to the higher side to level it out. Perform this for 4 seconds and the achievement is yours.
- This needs to be done as Amadeus the wizard and you will need to have purchased the plank ability.
- Must be done on a steam vent with continuous flow.
The video below shows the first chance to grab this in Chapter 2:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...5/+RTQjQ==.jpgI Didn't Do It
Make goblins die of three different environmental hazards in a single level
You will need to kill 3 goblins using items and the environment e.g. Spikes, fire, boxes etc.
During chapter 2 you will come to a shooting flower and shortly after a platform you can tilt, with crates (both breakable and solid) to the right. When the goblin appears simply levitate him into the spikes. Later on you will come to a large square rock perched on the edge with goblins below. Push this onto one of the goblins then immediately after conjure a box and drop it onto the other goblin to complete the achievement.
- This is made easier with Amadeus and purchasing Monster Levitation.
Complete a whole level playing one character only
As it says, you will need to complete a level using only one character. You cannot switch to another character at any point during the level.
This achievement is best done on Chapter 2. The hardest part of this level will be defeating the snake boss at the end. Once you enter the snakes lair conjure a box and use it to jump onto the supports above. Stand still for a few seconds until the snake lunges at you, jumping away at the last second. This will result in the snake destroying the support. Repeat until the cave collapses onto the snake.
The video below shows a complete walkthrough of Chapter 2 using Amadeus:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...5/+0rF3w==.jpgA Floral Feast
- This will need to be done using Amadeus (fully upgraded will help but make sure you definitely have Monster Levitation).
- This cannot be done in a CO-OP game.
Feed carnivorous plants with three or more different kinds of treats
Simply feed a carnivorous plant three different 'treats'.
You will first encounter a carnivorous plant in Chapter 7 blocking your path. Just have each character walk past the plant and the achievement will unlock after the third character gets eaten.
The video below shows the first carnivorous plant encounter in Chapter 7:
- Each character counts as a 'treat'.
- You can also feed the plant an enemy.
- The plant will not eat boxes and planks.
Shatter three frozen enemies within one second
Like it says, you will need to shatter three frozen enemies within one second.
The easiest chance to get this is during Chapter 6 when you come to a bubbling cauldron filled with red liquid that will spawn infinite enemies. Use Loya's Frozen arrows to freeze each enemy one by one until you have three in a row. Finally switch to Pontius and throw his hammer towards the frozen enemies, if you manage to smash all three in one throw then the achievement is yours.
The video below shows what you need to do once you reach the cauldron:
- You will need to purchase Loya's Frost and Frozen Arrow upgrades along with the Throwing Hammer upgrade for Pontius.
- Set your combat difficulty to hard, that way the enemies will not die in one hit.
Kill an enemy with a thrown hammer bouncing at least once before kill
You will need to kill an enemy with a thrown hammer having it bounce at least once.
An achievement that is pretty much possible wherever you have an enemy and a fairly decent amount of space (not necessarily essential but still helps). Simply select your hammer and then aim at the floor slightly before the enemy in the same way you would Loya's arrows. As long as the hammer bounces before the enemy is killed then the achievement will unlock.
- You will need to have purchased the Throwing Hammer upgrade for Pontius.
- Setting the combat difficulty to easy will make getting a one hit kill much easier.
||11-29-2012 01:34 AM
Get at least 10 enemies killed by other enemies' actions in a single level
Kill ten enemies with another enemies' action and not your own.
The easiest chance to get this is during Chapter 6 when you come to a bubbling cauldron filled with red liquid that will spawn infinite enemies. The two easiest ways are:
- You will need to have purchased either the Monster Levitation upgrade for Amadeus or the Frozen Arrows upgrade for Loya.
- First with Amadeus. Use Monster Levitation to levitate the closest enemy in front of the others, making sure there is minimum distance between you and the enemies on the other side of your floating enemy. The other enemies will then hack down your floating enemy in an attempt to get to you.
- Second as Loya. Using Frozen Arrows, freeze an enemy and stand directly in front of it. When an enemy behind your frozen enemy readies an attack, jump out of the way to avoid it and he they will shatter your frozen enemy.
Stand on a conjured box bouncing on any bouncy surface for 10 seconds
Simply stay on a conjured box for 10 seconds while it bounces on another bouncy surface.
You will need to conjure a box over a mushroom making sure the box is as level as possible. It helps if there is a raised area/platform nearby that you can jump onto the box from. Then as long as the box stays bouncing for 10 seconds and your stood on it the achievement is yours.
The video below shows where to get the achievement in Chapter 2 right after you encounter the snail:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...5/-uguJg==.jpgA Hail of Arrows
- This is easiest achieved in an area that has 3 mushrooms in a row.
Shoot 3 arrows in the air and catch them all with the Knight's shield
You will need to fire 3 arrows as Loya and then catch them all on Pontius' shield.
As Loya fire three arrows into the air at decreasing strengths. Switch to Pontius immediately and aim his shield upwards catching the arrows as they fall (moving left or right if needed).
The video below shows how to make timing all 3 a little easier:
- The Frozen Arrow upgrade will give you 2 arrows per firing, meaning you only have to time two shots which can be easier for some.
- You could also grab this in CO-OP with one person firing arrows as Loya and one catching as Pontius.
Construct a tower made of eight objects and stand on top of it
Stack eight objects on top of each other and then stand on top of it.
You will need to find an area with a large amount of boxes already there, such as the area shown in the video below. Then simply stack them and your conjured boxes on top of each other and stand on top. Achievement complete!
The video below shows a good place to grab this during Chapter 2:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...5/UPkiiPU=.jpgCirque de Zoya
- If doing this on your own then obviously either the 2,3 or 4 Conjured Objects upgrades will help with finding 8 objects to use.
- If you want to try in CO-OP then make sure to set the character mode to infinite so you can use more than one Amadeus.
Using grapple, swing around an object and reattach grapple again without touching any surface
You will need to use Loya's Grapple ability to swing around an object and reattach again without touching any surface.
You will come to your first steam vents in Chapter 2. Slightly to the left is a wooden post above you that Loya can attach her grapple to. You will need to swing back and forth to gain some momentum, then when your about to let go quickly shorten your rope and jump, you will then need to direct yourself backwards and over the post. When you begin to fall again quickly reattach the grapple.
The video below shows the first location to acquire this along with the technique:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...5/UPsDgUA=.jpgThis Wasn't the Plan
Make a bubble sink for three seconds
For this you must use Amadeus to push down a bubble for 3 seconds using an interactive object. This can either be a conjured box, any other boxes/blocks you find lying around etc.
- You can grab this straight away during the intro for Amadeus. You will come to a pool of water with large bubbles emerging from it. Conjure a box and hold it to to just below where the bubbles pop. When the bubble reaches your box slowly pull it downwards. After 3 seconds the achievement will pop.
||11-29-2012 01:42 AM
Guide Complete :)
|HT Viper II
||11-29-2012 01:59 AM
Enjoy the game! It's a good one. And thanks for the contribution!
|All times are GMT. The time now is 11:43 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.