XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Far Cry 3 (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1169)
-   -   Which ending did you pick? *SPOILERS* (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=407301)

Ctrl Alt Defeat 12-12-2012 07:43 AM

Which ending did you pick? *SPOILERS*
 
Which ending did you pick?

I am also seriously pissed that they didn't put a checkpoint before the last mission so I could see both endings without playing through twice.

Topherion 12-12-2012 07:49 AM

I chose the good ending. To me, the result of most of the missions was taking revenge for what was done to the protagonist and his friends, and saving the latter. Didn't feel right to have that be wasted in becoming the ultimate island gringo warrior.

Direkin 12-12-2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topherion (Post 5456948)
I chose the good ending. To me, the result of most of the missions was taking revenge for what was done to the protagonist and his friends, and saving the latter. Didn't feel right to have that be wasted in becoming the ultimate island gringo warrior.

That's how I saw it as well.

bob101910 12-12-2012 03:28 PM

Didn't trust the tribe so I saved my friends (even though I wouldn't have been able to save friends without their help).

Looked up the "evil" ending online and like it much better

SuNuS 12-12-2012 09:08 PM

I chose the Citra ending and it was very hilarious! First person sex with Citra while she chanted her tribal rituals was very creepy....and sexy! :p

Though I am not used to be stabbed immediately after sex. Ah well, there's a first and last time for everything! :woop:

Gorilla Stomper 12-12-2012 09:14 PM

Good ending. Not because I had any concern for Jason's friends, I just got tired of Citra and the tribe bullshit... And Dennis. I wanted to stab Dennis long before the end of the game.

Kite87 12-12-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorilla Stomper (Post 5458023)
Good ending. Not because I had any concern for Jason's friends, I just got tired of Citra and the tribe bullshit... And Dennis. I wanted to stab Dennis long before the end of the game.

I hated the fact that if Dennis phoned before a mission if you turned the game of for a bit the next time turned it on you would have to talk to him again. It would happen when you died too.

I picked the good ending Citra seemed to be just as crazy as Vaas and a lot less entertaining.

Gorilla Stomper 12-13-2012 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kite87 (Post 5458210)
I hated the fact that if Dennis phoned before a mission if you turned the game of for a bit the next time turned it on you would have to talk to him again. It would happen when you died too.

And when you completed anything that wasn't story related. Not only that, the guy waffled about all this warrior bullshit, but when do you actually see him take action against anything? He's all mouth.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)


Quote:

Originally Posted by Kite87 (Post 5458210)
I picked the good ending Citra seemed to be just as crazy as Vaas and a lot less entertaining.

This too. She claims to be the good guy yet she has no quarrel with executing innocent and defenseless people.

waxc3 12-13-2012 12:33 AM

I thought I was gonna stay, but I didn't have the right to kill Liza so I saved my friends.

Nevander 12-13-2012 02:33 AM

At first I chose join Citra. Then immediately regretted it. Replayed the whole game to pick the right ending this time, saving my friends.

That bitch Citra, she loves you if you stay her warrior and throw away your past, your friends. The whole point of the game was to save them. I'm not about to kill my friends and stay with some crazy tribe who just wants to kill me to worship me. No thanks lol.

Gageamatron 12-13-2012 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ctrl Alt Defeat (Post 5456938)
Which ending did you pick?

I am also seriously pissed that they didn't put a checkpoint before the last mission so I could see both endings without playing through twice.

Youtube is a thing...

Gorilla Stomper 12-13-2012 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waxc3 (Post 5458385)
I thought I was gonna stay, but I didn't have the right to kill Liza so I saved my friends.

You have the right to do anything in a video game.

Dirty130 12-13-2012 09:51 AM

I chose to save my friends. Going to look up the other ending now.. Great game!

BuggeringDingo 12-13-2012 01:59 PM

Chose the Citra ending.

Glad she killed me though. I wasn't going to pay child support to that crazy woman.

waxc3 12-14-2012 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorilla Stomper (Post 5458762)
You have the right to do anything in a video game.

Nope.

.

Gorilla Stomper 12-14-2012 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waxc3 (Post 5460539)
Nope.

.

Unreality, therefore you do.

Hurricane Of 87 12-14-2012 02:20 AM

Thinking of it from Jason's perspective the thought of hearing Citra's accent combined with Decapitation of Giants mumbo-jumbo didn't seem like something I'd want to endure for the rest of my life. Saved the friends.

Smooth move Dennis, smooth move.

Direkin 12-14-2012 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waxc3 (Post 5460539)
Nope.

.

Yup. Do what you want in video games. Your actions in fantasy land have no consequences in reality; that's part of the whole attraction of games to begin with. For example, if I were to slaughter countless tigers for my jollies, it would not cause the extinction of tigers in real life. Someone already went down that line of "reasoning". Let's not go down that road again.

BuggeringDingo 12-14-2012 08:19 AM

:goodpost

Agree with Direkin: if we had to design games around that reasoning we wouldn't even have Pac-Man. After all, you wouldn't want to eat ghosts in real life? Or even Monopoly: don't want to teach our kids that it's OK to go to jail & bribe your way out regularly, now would we?

Sometimes a lack of imagination + PC-brigade-gone-mad == a rather dull life.

It's a game. If a person feels that it profoundly influences their life then they're probably too young / immature to play it in the first place. That's why there's age ratings on games.

And it's not the game's fault, or the "government"s fault if parents allow their underaged kids to play this. That's the parent's fault.

waxc3 12-14-2012 11:19 AM

Gee thanks for telling me I had the right guys lol. I was in the mindset of Jason when I wrote my statement so I meant he didn't have the right to kill his gf/ex-gf and his friends.

Gorilla Stomper 12-14-2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waxc3 (Post 5461106)
Gee thanks for telling me I had the right guys lol. I was in the mindset of Jason when I wrote my statement so I meant he didn't have the right to kill his gf/ex-gf and his friends.

That's a question of morality, not whether you have the right to do something.

waxc3 12-14-2012 06:00 PM

Sorry I walked away. You'll have to play with someone else.

Nevander 12-14-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuggeringDingo (Post 5460966)
:goodpost

Agree with Direkin: if we had to design games around that reasoning we wouldn't even have Pac-Man. After all, you wouldn't want to eat ghosts in real life? Or even Monopoly: don't want to teach our kids that it's OK to go to jail & bribe your way out regularly, now would we?

Sometimes a lack of imagination + PC-brigade-gone-mad == a rather dull life.

It's a game. If a person feels that it profoundly influences their life then they're probably too young / immature to play it in the first place. That's why there's age ratings on games.

And it's not the game's fault, or the "government"s fault if parents allow their underaged kids to play this. That's the parent's fault.

And this post pretty much sums up why people who say video games are bad and or cause violence are completely wrong.

SYOTOS 12-15-2012 06:58 AM

I chose the good ending, killing your friends after everything you been through seemed abit silly even tho citra is one hot hoe lol

Youtubed for the bad ending......

Dennis really got on my nerves near the end, was expecting to have to kill him since he seemed very jelly specially when he was drunk rambling on about how much he loved citra n that i didnt respect her etc.

Thought he may double cross me..... Which he kinda does, just messes it up lol

gabwe 12-17-2012 02:18 AM

I chose the "good" ending initially, just coulndn't force myself to slice Lisa's throat...

Then my curiosity won, and I replayed the last missions to see the "bad" ending. Wow. It's bloody brilliant, but it's not the one I want, lol

But, I'd love to see a third option. In this one, you could say to Citra just before dying; "Citra, I have AIDS..."

GeneralGranko 12-17-2012 05:28 PM

I choosed to save them, she kinda turned into an incredible b*tch at the end, oh well maybe itīs because primitive monkeys those rakyads were anyway (except Denis, he was really cool).

CGPsaint 12-17-2012 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuggeringDingo (Post 5459318)
Chose the Citra ending.

Glad she killed me though. I wasn't going to pay child support to that crazy woman.

Talk about some Black Widow shit up in that island!

Quote:

Originally Posted by gabwe (Post 5465457)
I chose the "good" ending initially, just coulndn't force myself to slice Lisa's throat...

Then my curiosity won, and I replayed the last missions to see the "bad" ending. Wow. It's bloody brilliant, but it's not the one I want, lol

But, I'd love to see a third option. In this one, you could say to Citra just before dying; "Citra, I have AIDS..."

I wonder if that's what happens if you punch in the Konami Code after she stabs you in the chest!

gabwe 12-19-2012 07:19 AM

Lol, I should try just in case, one never knows!

Lavindathar 12-19-2012 09:36 PM

I picked the staying with Citra ending.

The reason? It is the most realistic from Jasons perspective, in my eyes. Obviously earlier posters disagree.

You say all missions are about saving your friends. Your wrong. About 33% through, citra asks...what do you want. Jason replies, to save my friends. Your lying, citrq says. What do you want. To kill vaas and Hoyt.

Jason changes throughout the game, from a wimp wanting to save his friends and escape, to someone who has lost his mind and is consumed by hatred and revenge. The game is about the road to insanity, not redemption.

just the way I saw it. I believe Jason would of done anything to stay with citra and the island. Not because he loves either neccsarily, but because the island has consumed him.

Even if it meant sacrificing his friends.

The good ending would of made sense, if you took the whole insanity storyline out, but with it, it just doesn't.

Cancerman1120 12-22-2012 04:03 AM

In some ways I did not like that there was a choice at all. You are never given a choice at any other point in the game. I would prefer the developers to just tell the story they want. My reasoning is this. The game tried to make you feel like you were "changing" into a different person but they fail to go all the way. Once you decide to stay they needed to just go fully down that rabbit hole and have the 2nd half been full on screwed up. When they put Riley into the mix and saving him this completely screws the choice part at the end. Why would you not save your friend when you spent the last 3rd of the game planning on a way to save your brother? It makes no sense. NOW if they eliminate the brother part and go full on psycho for the last half then that choice becomes less clear but I think they should have just eliminated that choice and gone with the Citra killing you ending. That is the perfect ending and the other ending is the cop out (even though it was what I chose).


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.