XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Full House Poker (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2068)
-   -   Wish I'd never bought this game (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=409282)

Hurball 12-20-2012 06:04 PM

Wish I'd never bought this game

The constant terrible DLC achievements are making a mockery of us all.

Murgatroyd7 12-20-2012 11:29 PM

Then don't download the DLC. We're not even charged for it, so I don't see what the big deal is.

tunaleg 12-21-2012 03:44 AM

Tell someone who gives a shit

DOA hed 12-21-2012 08:30 PM

Fuck those 2 idiots I feel ya. This game needs to die!!

ChickinOnaChain 12-21-2012 08:51 PM

Reading Hurball's post makes me not want to get it! I don't need or want any grief from a game or it's achievements. Thanks!

fastNcurious 12-21-2012 10:23 PM

Lolwat?!?! I understand how a completionist would hate the game, but this really isn't a game for completionists. The achievements seem fine to me, and I love how new achievements automatically unlock for you if you've already met the criteria.

Hurball 12-27-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastNcurious (Post 5474450)
Lolwat?!?! I understand how a completionist would hate the game, but this really isn't a game for completionists. The achievements seem fine to me, and I love how new achievements automatically unlock for you if you've already met the criteria.

Yeah, playing 2500 hands of a game type only available at certain points of the day (and often at 2am UK time) and when I'm working is a great achievement.

simmias 01-01-2013 04:57 PM

100% agree with Hurball. With the 2,500 games of Texas Heat achievement you're looking at 50+ hours of Texas Heat games, which are only available during certain times. And with the new four-of-a-kind achievement you have to show down (not just play) 6,000 hands on average, which will take you 100+ hours in normal conditions (maybe less if you just play 1v1 with a turbo controller). None of the achievements have any correlation to skill... i.e., an "achievement." It's all how much can you grind. I'm fine with a grindy achievement here or there, but lately that's all these guys can think to add.

It sounds like some people still like this game, and more power to you if you do. But I for one groan every time I see the achievement list has been updated. I tell everyone I know to stay away from this game - it's lousy poker, and even lousier achievements. And that makes me kind of sad - I had high hopes for this game.

deathchant 01-01-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simmias (Post 5491073)
100% agree with Hurball. With the 2,500 games of Texas Heat achievement you're looking at 50+ hours of Texas Heat games, which are only available during certain times. And with the new four-of-a-kind achievement you have to show down (not just play) 6,000 hands on average, which will take you 100+ hours in normal conditions (maybe less if you just play 1v1 with a turbo controller). None of the achievements have any correlation to skill... i.e., an "achievement." It's all how much can you grind. I'm fine with a grindy achievement here or there, but lately that's all these guys can think to add.

It sounds like some people still like this game, and more power to you if you do. But I for one groan every time I see the achievement list has been updated. I tell everyone I know to stay away from this game - it's lousy poker, and even lousier achievements. And that makes me kind of sad - I had high hopes for this game.

While the achievements may be lousy and really stupid and glitchy, it is sti the best poker game available. There are plenty of games that contain achievements that require no skill, all luck, date based requirements, collectibles. If you don't like it and don't want to bother with the hassle, just don't do it. I agree that the achievements are getting more and more ridiculous, but at least it's all free content..... Where that Doritos crash course game was free, now I have to pay for dlc to re-complete the game.....

simmias 01-18-2013 08:08 PM

http://www.xblafans.com/micrsoft-stu...ame-62119.html

Excellent news. Hopefully this means Microsoft is abandoning this one.

YiazmatXII 01-20-2013 07:09 PM

The DLC is a load of shit!
I completely disagree with the way M$ allows some achievements to be permanently unobtainable.
How is it fair???

ConfederateSuga 02-13-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simmias (Post 5524948)
http://www.xblafans.com/micrsoft-stu...ame-62119.html

Excellent news. Hopefully this means Microsoft is abandoning this one.

They're advertizing WSOP on Full House Poker. I'm thinking they're just going to overhaul Full House Poker with the WSOP branding and make it free for everyone. So I wouldn't get your hopes up on this one lol.

sKiTz 04-04-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathchant (Post 5491227)
While the achievements may be lousy and really stupid and glitchy, it is sti the best poker game available. There are plenty of games that contain achievements that require no skill, all luck, date based requirements, collectibles. If you don't like it and don't want to bother with the hassle, just don't do it. I agree that the achievements are getting more and more ridiculous, but at least it's all free content

This, sometimes it's not all about the 100% completion of Achievements either, it's about enjoying the games you play.

tunaleg 04-04-2013 08:01 PM

I've never heard so much whining about free achievements. It's pathetic.

Pakhair 07-31-2013 06:46 PM

No it's not.Achievements should be forever until the servers are closed down or company bankrupts. In future challenges will be introduced so no more missable achievements then

neil_lien 08-19-2013 10:52 AM

Rubbish unachievable achievements.