XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Submit: Guides and Roadmaps (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=954)
-   -   Updates or Corrections: Guides & Roadmaps (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=410305)

* Clueless * 12-24-2012 03:21 PM

Updates or Corrections: Guides & Roadmaps

Post updates to a published guide in the following format.

Post Contents
Every Post must include the following
  • Brackets [] - we will input the game ID here for processing
  • Game Title
  • Purpose of, or reason edit/update is needed
  • Published Guide Link
  • Bold every Achievement's Title in Red for the description you wish to Update/Edit.
  • Copy & Paste the original published achievement description.
  • Colour any edits you make Red

edit by Troy~ NOTE: IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO INCLUDE BOTH THE ORIGINAL AND YOUR EDITED VERSION. You're only copying the original here, then making changes to it. Changes are in red so we can see what you've changed and evaluate the merit of those changes. PLEASE DO NOT double our work by doubling the information. Only in instances of a complete rewrite would we have any need of seeing the entirety of the original description but, if your entire update is red, we'll go look up the original ourselves. Tyger7's post below is a perfect example of what we want to see. If you have questions or doubts about what to do, ASK. :)

Updates are deleted once completed to keep the thread cleaned up. The posts that are left are left for informational purposes.

Post Examples

Game: Tomb Raider: Legend []
Edit Reason: Glitch patched or otherwise no longer works.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g...-legend/guide/

Remove Green
My edits are in Red

Completed all Time Trials
50 :gsicon:
Complete all levels while in time trial mode.

After you have completed the a level on any difficulty, you can replay load that level and choose Time Trial. Choose this and complete the level under par-time.

It is recommended that you start with the last level (Bolivia: Redux) first as that will unlock the one shot kill cheat which makes all the other time trials MUCH easier. There is no level specific achievement for Bolivia: Redux but it is required for this achievement to unlock.

If you have a hard time completing those levels on Time Trial, you could use this glitch:
Load the specific level on Time Trial mode
Watch the intro of the level
Press and exit to Main Menu
Select the same level but don’t change anything on the settings, DON’T even select Time Trial, just continue.
Play through the level and make sure you don’t die to early in the level.

After you died the first level and loaded the last checkpoint, you’re Timer will start. So if you play till the end of the level or just to the middle, you shouldn’t have trouble completing the level before you’re out of time. Though, you’ll have to die at least once to start the Timer, otherwise you won’t get rewarded the Achievement.

JaxTH 01-09-2013 10:17 AM

TYGER7: These corrections have been completed. Thanks for submitting them. I noticed most of the change was because the character Angel must now be obtainable for everyone. You had a grammatical error in Super-Speed fists (both in original and in correction). You say "best best". I want to point out I have corrected this and you do not have to submit another instance for edit.

[1765] Tekken Tag Tournament 2

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g...ament-2/guide/

This first part is for the Roadmap for the game:

Overview
  • Estimated achievement difficulty: 6/10
  • Offline: 46 (940:gsicon:)
  • Online: 4 (60:gsicon:)
  • Approximate amount of time to 1000: 20+ Hours
  • Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 2 through 40(Arcade Mode) 1(Fight Lab)
  • Number of missable achievements: None
  • Glitched/unobtainable achievements: None
  • Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No Cheats
  • Does difficulty affect achievements?: No
  • Extra equipment needed: 800 Microsoft Points for Online Pass if bought used
In "Step 2: Offline Modes" the first paragraph needs to be updated.

Step 2: Offline Modes
There are several Offline Modes that have achievements tied to them such as Arcade Battle, Time Attack, Survival, Team Battle, and Ghost Battle in the "Offline Mode". Arcade Battle may be the place you spend quite a lot of time at. You are going to have to complete it with 40 different characters to unlock some of the Ending Movies unless you are doing Ghost Battle. Time Attack should be easy with the right team and Survival may be quite tough but if you use Angel it should be easier. Ghost Battle should also prove to be easy.

Super-Speed Fists
For this achievement you need to clear Time Attack in under 20 minutes. Angel is your best best because of her lazer. To perform it hold :xbut: + :ybut: and it will shoot out of the jewel on her forehead (Or you can just map LP+RP to your LT button for a one button lazer). I personally did it in under 10 minutes with the help of Angel.

My method with Angel: She's basically there to make space. With your other character do a small combo to knock the CPU back and then tag in Angel. Hit them with a lazer and back up. When they get back up off the ground they are likely to crouch for a second or two before getting back into standing position and trying to rush you again (only to get hit with a lazer again). If there is enough space you can shoot the lazer and they'll duck under to try to rush you but you'll have enough time to do a second one that will hit them.

Some characters such as Xiaoyu, Wang, and Ganryu crouch a little when they walk making Angel's lazer just barely miss them if they are a certain distance from you. Try comboing these characters with your other character to make them (hopefully) switch out with another character that doesn't do this so you can switch back to Angel.

Mei Ninja suggests using Jun and Asuka and using :dleft: + :abut:,:bbut:,:bbut:,:bbut: to beat the CPU quickly if Angel doesn't work out for you.

Proof of Your Existence

For this achievement you must win 10 battles in a row in Survival Mode. Once again Angel is the way to go, but you can use Jun and Asuka instead. The achievement will not pop until you finally lose your streak in Survival Mode, so lose on your 11th match if you so wish.

Movie Buff

You have two options here. There are 59 characters in the game and 58 of them have movies (Why Tiger Jackson doesn't have a movie is a mystery). You can either play through Arcade Mode 40 times with different characters or you can do Ghost Battle which will also help you towards your Tekken Lord achievement.

While in Ghost Battle you will sometimes find the next opponents in a gold bar. A gold bar guarantees customization rewards should you beat these teams. The first time you beat whatever pair was in gold you will also get a random ending movie that you didn't have before. You can actually get this achievement while doing Ghost Battle mode while going for your Tekken Lord title.

GREAT Gladiator

To win a great battle you must have your health below 5% and still beat your opponent. You might get this out of sheer luck while against the CPU but a second controller or help online is a surefire way to get this achievement. In Versus use :xbut: for this so you can get your health down to as low as possible without losing before beating your opponent.

The Best of Friends

For this achievement you need to do a character specific Tag Throw. For this I picked Devil Jin and Kazuya. Their special Tag Throw are the Mishima headbutts. You'll know you've did it right when after your first character headbutts the opponent your second will then grab the opponent and then headbutt them again.

The Tag Throw will go like this: :dright:, :dright: + :xbut: + :ybut:,:rbbut: (Or :dleft:, :dleft: + :xbut: + :ybut:,:rbbut: depending on what side you are on). If you were successful do it two more times.

Another Tag Throw is with Baek and Hwoarang. Press :dright:, :ybut: + :abut:,:rbbut: and both of them will come on screen and do a flurry of kicks to their opponent (Thanks to demonocracy for the tip). NOTE: This can be done in Practice Mode.

Tyger7 01-11-2013 10:26 AM

Copy/paste the achievement/description here and edit it within the post. A mod will grab the info and just paste it over the old. Would take me like 30 seconds to fix it and most of that time is scrolling down in the guide looking for the achievement to fix. :) You can do it any way you want, but I personally prefer you just make one post with the achievement. The tile doesn't matter if you don't want to include that.

In my example below, all I do is list the game and why it needs edited. I then pasted my solution down. I am only using red on what I added just to point out the example.Again, I just pasted the description I had in my guide. Then I added the new info. Mod comes in, control C, goes to publish, control V, save. Let's not make this more complicated than it has to be.

GAME: Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
EDIT: They have updated the game to allow online Co-op. If you do not have a second controller, you would previously not be able to obtain it. You may now play it online.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/i...5/+0P-5g==.jpg A Friend in Need 20 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png
Play Co-op mode

This is the easiest achievement. Start a game cooperative with a second controller and you'll automatically get this, without even playing. You can also opt to do this online with a friend if you have online access and have downloaded the update.

Lavindathar 03-15-2014 01:27 PM

Can we post corrections to other peoples guides? Or does it have to be the author?

A lego guide was published with some missing information of requirements, daft thing is me and another guy posted in the thread pointing out the errors, yet the author hasn't changed it and it was still published despite the errors being pointed out. They are only small errors, but missing requirements will mess people up.

troy0891 x360a 03-16-2014 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lavindathar (Post 6252528)
Can we post corrections to other peoples guides? Or does it have to be the author?

A lego guide was published with some missing information of requirements, daft thing is me and another guy posted in the thread pointing out the errors, yet the author hasn't changed it and it was still published despite the errors being pointed out. They are only small errors, but missing requirements will mess people up.

Anyone can post updates or corrections here. This thread has also been used to submit alternative ways to earn an achievement. An example of that is probably going to included at least some of what SA submitted above. I agree that we should tell people more than just the "cheat code" method of unlocking something.

troy0891 x360a 07-11-2014 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by datmanydocris (Post 6355889)
Pardon me, but I made a couple of updates to some guides, and I see that they are now gone, but I'm not sure if I did it right. Do I link and edit the achievement guide on the game's page on xboxachievements.com, or do I link and edit the achievement guide in the forums? If it is the forums one that I must edit, I'm sorry and I will resubmit correctly right away. Thanks.

All of the updates that were submitted have either been published or are in the process of being published. Yours were extensive enough I moved them to our private Guide Team forum for the publishers to work on. The smaller updates/corrections that were submitted I already handled myself.

It is recommended that you update the forum guide yourself. The only one we're really concerned with in this thread is the published one. If you are the original author you can simply edit your own posts. If someone else is the original author you can post on the existing thread and give the original author a chance to update their guide.

troy0891 x360a 07-11-2014 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Frost (Post 6356262)
I noticed that the achievement list for Murdered: Soul Suspect has been updated with some errors I'd pointed out. However, the link to the tile for the The Death Wish of a Shady Man achievement (the first one on the secret achievements list) still appears to be broken.

Here's another link just in case:

https://live.xbox.com/tiles/ev/0F/1o...fn+Sr9YQ==.jpg

It sounds like this is an issue with the achievement list and not with the guide that is published. Is that correct? If so, I'll move your post to the other thread.

Jack Frost 07-11-2014 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troy0891 x360a (Post 6356298)
It sounds like this is an issue with the achievement list and not with the guide that is published. Is that correct? If so, I'll move your post to the other thread.

Aw, ferfucksake, am I posting in the wrong thread?

Sorry about that, troy...

Yeah, it's just the achievement list. I mean, the guide is still connected as it uses the same tiles, but this isn't specifically about the guide.

troy0891 x360a 07-11-2014 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Frost (Post 6356362)
Aw, ferfucksake, am I posting in the wrong thread?

Sorry about that, troy...

Yeah, it's just the achievement list. I mean, the guide is still connected as it uses the same tiles, but this isn't specifically about the guide.

Thread you want is located in the Feedback Forum. Errors/Issues With an Achievement List/Guide/Road Map? Post here.. I'll take care of moving the post for you so you don't have to repost it :)

Jack Frost 07-11-2014 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troy0891 x360a (Post 6356503)
Thread you want is located in the Feedback Forum. Errors/Issues With an Achievement List/Guide/Road Map? Post here.. I'll take care of moving the post for you so you don't have to repost it :)

Thank you. :)

1001puppys 07-14-2014 02:29 AM

This is my first time doing this, so please let me know if I'm doing it wrong, lol. I am posting every single correction I have made to the G + R in the forum and the changes will most likely need to be reflected in the published G + R.

Game: Nascar 14
Edit Reason: New Patch/Update
[Link to Guide]

Remove in green
Change text in red

ROADMAP CHANGES

Estimated Achievement Difficulty: 7/10
Offline: 32 for 770:gsicon:
Online: 8 for 230:gsicon:
Estimated Time to 1000: 30-40 Hours
Minimum # of Playthroughs: 3
Missable Achievements: None
Does Difficulty Affect Achievements: Yes
Glitched Achievements: None (Perfect Weekend*, Messing with the Past, Time Traveler, Time Lord)**
Extra Equipment Needed: None
*As of 2/19/14, you must delete the update and play offline to obtain Perfect Weekend.
**As of 3/24/14, these 3 achievements are still unobtainable; please refer to the solution below.

Easy Career Playthrough [Obtainable: 14 for 390:gsicon:]*
*Perfect Weekend falls under this category. You must clear your cache and earn the achievement offline, or wait for a patch.

Single Season / Highlights / Random Achievements [Obtainable: 13 for 260:gsicon:]**
**The three highlight related achievements are glitched completely and are unobtainable. You can still do all the challenges and earn medals on 10/11 at the moment.

ACHIEVEMENT GUIDE CHANGES

https://live.xbox.com/tiles/s6/po/1Y...fn+keqqA==.jpg Perfect Weekend [50:gsicon:] Win a race after Qualifying first and leading the most laps

Very self explanatory, you must qualify on the pole, lead the most laps, and win the race all at once. Easy to do during career or single player with AI difficulty set on Easy.

*The day two patch glitched this achievement, so you must clear your cache and earn it offline or wait for another patch.

https://image-ssl.xboxlive.com/globa...D07FB/ach/0/1b Time Lord [50:gsicon:] - Finish all the 2013 Highlights with at least a Gold award

Thanks to the July 2014 patch, these achievements are now obtainable. I have written a detailed guide on each challenge [HERE]. Please not that all three achievements requiring medals in the Highlight Challenges are currently glitched and unobtainable until further notice.

That actually should be it!