XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Crimson Dragon: Side Story (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2822)
-   -   Do not download the 1.2 update (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=411407)

Exu 12-28-2012 02:15 AM

Do not download the 1.2 update
 
The 1.2 update for Crimson Dragon Side Story allows it to function on WP8 and apparently has some other miscellaneous fixes. So why shouldn't you download it?

They closed the loophole.

As you may know, every completion of World 5 on versions 1.0 or 1.1 of the game would grant you the "first time bonus" of 15 jewels upon completion of World 5, the final boss.
This tied in quite nicely with the awful awful Dragon Master achievement for killing Dark Phantom 200 times and the White Reaver Unleashed one for awakening all skills.

Thanks to Zebrasqual we know that to unlock all skills you will need 3294 jewels. Well, 200 runs of World 5 at 15 jewels a time is 3000 jewels.

Obviously you'll have killed Dark Phantom in Mission Mode a number of times so your actual jewel number upon the 200th kill will vary, but when you unlock Dragon Master you can assume you'll have around 3K from gameplay alone, not counting GPS and Leaderboard jewels.

Thanks to the 1.2 update you will pretty much have to spend Microsoft Points should you ever hope to obtain all the achievements when the leaderboard and GPS gives you such a pitiful amount of jewels.

Considering 1000 jewels is 800 Microsoft Points, that's a huge pay wall to place skills and the related achievements behind. What a disgusting and underhanded practice.

tl;dr version: Don't update or you'll face the costliest 200G ever.

Arsenic 17 12-28-2012 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exu (Post 5483927)
The 1.2 update for Crimson Dragon Side Story allows it to function on WP8 and apparently has some other miscellaneous fixes. So why shouldn't you download it?

They closed the loophole.

As you may know, every completion of World 5 on versions 1.0 or 1.1 of the game would grant you the "first time bonus" of 15 jewels upon completion of World 5, the final boss.
This tied in quite nicely with the awful awful Dragon Master achievement for killing Dark Phantom 200 times and the White Reaver Unleashed one for awakening all skills.

Thanks to Zebrasqual we know that to unlock all skills you will need 3294 jewels. Well, 200 runs of World 5 at 15 jewels a time is 3000 jewels.

Obviously you'll have killed Dark Phantom in Mission Mode a number of times so your actual jewel number upon the 200th kill will vary, but when you unlock Dragon Master you can assume you'll have around 3K from gameplay alone, not counting GPS and Leaderboard jewels.

Thanks to the 1.2 update you will pretty much have to spend Microsoft Points should you ever hope to obtain all the achievements when the leaderboard and GPS gives you such a pitiful amount of jewels.

Considering 1000 jewels is 800 Microsoft Points, that's a huge pay wall to place skills and the related achievements behind. What a disgusting and underhanded practice.

tl;dr version: Don't update or you'll face the costliest 200G ever.

Are you certain of this? I will add to the guide if necessary.

Also, you can earn 3000 jewels by taking two trips around the world. Checking in on the opposite side of the world along the way. literally you need 80,000 km traveled. The circumference of the earth is about 40,000 km.

Exu 12-28-2012 08:31 PM

Oh alright then, I'll just hop in my private jet.

They mention the loophole closure here: http://www.wpcentral.com/crimson-dra...indows-phone-8
Although if anyone who's cleared it would like to download the update and best World 5 one more time just to confirm that would be nice.

Arsenic 17 12-28-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exu (Post 5485226)
Oh alright then, I'll just hop in my private jet.

They mention the loophole closure here: http://www.wpcentral.com/crimson-dra...indows-phone-8
Although if anyone who's cleared it would like to download the update and best World 5 one more time just to confirm that would be nice.

Thanks for the link. I didnt see that article. I will add it to the guide then. Sad that they expect people to spend MSP on lame jewels for basically useless skills.

ALSO, Do you know if the update came to WP7 as well? The article seems to hint that the loophole has only been fixed on WP8. And that version 1.1 is still active on WP7. I am a little confused.

Exu 12-28-2012 08:57 PM

I'm on WP7 and the update has been available since just before Christmas.

ZizioKhryme 12-29-2012 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exu (Post 5485226)
Oh alright then, I'll just hop in my private jet.

They mention the loophole closure here: http://www.wpcentral.com/crimson-dra...indows-phone-8
Although if anyone who's cleared it would like to download the update and best World 5 one more time just to confirm that would be nice.

Here I come! I've already completed all the game and I can confirm that the glitch of 15 gems still works on the update 1.2 (using WP7). :woop:

Exu 12-29-2012 02:22 AM

Huh? Well that's interesting and conflicts with what I'd already heard...

Any other fixes you've noticed? For example, Lunatix++ required two runs to unlock for me and then consumes 2 willpower instead of 1.

Shadow Kisuragi 01-04-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exu (Post 5485691)
Huh? Well that's interesting and conflicts with what I'd already heard...

Any other fixes you've noticed? For example, Lunatix++ required two runs to unlock for me and then consumes 2 willpower instead of 1.

I just wanted to clarify, since I'm one of the unfortunate people that downloaded the 1.2 update. The glitch is fixed - however, the first time you clear World 5, you will still receive the 15 jewels for clearing it, since it never saved your status for completing it previously.

As for Lunatix ++ and Angriff Adler ++, I ran into the issue with Angriff Adler not unlocking after receiving an S rank in the stage before the update, but never received an S rank to unlock Lunatix. I can confirm that Lunatix unlocked with my first S rank on the stage after the update. I've not used it yet to confirm how much willpower it uses now.

The math I've used in an email to Grounding concerning the lack of jewels was just a quick estimate, but here's what I found:

Quote:

Estimates included 90,000,000m (90,000 km), 9000 minutes (150 hours) if unlocking a jewel per stage at 3 minutes/stage (not including loading times), or $37.50 USD in Microsoft Points. This is for earning 3000 jewels, with an estimate of the other 1000 coming from stage completions (which I'm aware if off, but wanted a round number).
Unlocking a jewel per stage is not reasonable, though I've not yet used the Action Skill to raise the item chance along with the Sub Skill that raises the rare item chance, but it's more like 15 stages/jewel.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.