XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Far Cry 3 (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1169)
-   -   Mounted Guns kills not registering? (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=414317)

tbociego 01-09-2013 07:33 AM

Mounted Guns kills not registering?

Hi Guys

Im most of the way through the game and trophies now and the only tatau I need for the fully inked up trophy is '10 mounted gun kills'. Problem is I am locked on 9/10 kills and despite using a number of mounted guns on boats, cars and stationary ones I dont appear to be able to get the last 1 kill i need

So I guess the question is - I killed too many with mounted guns, now Im on the second island

How have people with cheevo been getting there kills and has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

Cheers

Tai_MT 01-10-2013 11:55 PM

Entirely possible that this simply glitched up for you. As soon as I found a "mounted gun", I used it to obtain my 10 kills before moving on. I only had the first set of tatoo's unlocked at that point and was simply trying to do as much as possible before I moved further into the game.

I got my Pistol kills at the same time.

I suggest you perhaps create a second save and see if you can obtain the kills in a new file? If you can, then it's likely your first file is simply glitched. There have been a lot of reported glitches to do with the skill tree from what I've read.

loxim 01-11-2013 03:45 AM

I got this from stealing one of the SUV's with the mounted gun on it. Try using that and seeing if it works.

sjmleicester 01-12-2013 02:38 AM

It is also worth saving after every couple of kills to make sure they are locked in. I am fed up of getting flame thrower kills then accidently dying or getting eaten by a crocodile, going back to check the stats and find the flamethrower kills haven't counted.

Aprosa 06-21-2013 10:35 PM

Did you manage to get the last kill? Mine is also stuck at 9/10

Eggnogga 09-09-2013 12:31 PM

Mine is also stuck on 9/10. Ugh. I know I've gotten more, because I had 9 before I started the mission where the guy flies you over to the Southern Island. There is a mounted machine gun right next to the plane and I probably killed 5-6 guys just right there. (Unless that isn't considered a mounted gun?)

edit -- I got it last night! On the Southern Island, there is a Rakyat Trial called "Overheat". It is essentially you, sitting on a mounted gun and shooting baddies. Phew. I thought the game was glitched on me.

Puppys 09-27-2013 10:34 PM

I've gotten about 15 kills from enemy outpost mounted guns and I still have 0/10. If I find a jeep / boat with a mounted gun, I'll try to get some kills with it and let you guys know if it works

Puppys 09-29-2013 02:18 AM

Just an update, I got all 10 kills to register with a random enemy Jeep equipped with a turret. Not sure why the outpost ones weren't counting!