XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cabela's Hunting Expedition (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2780)
-   -   Kinda-sorta roadmap and guide. (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=415517)

Vindicaire 01-13-2013 12:58 PM

Kinda-sorta roadmap and guide.
 
Ok, I don't normally give advice on here, but I take plenty, so I'll leave some notes on this game.

Overall this is a pretty easy game, maybe a 4/10 or so. Just play through the career mode, you will get more than enough exp and gun points to unlock every gun and all the parts for the guns during the career mode.

Any time you see a shooting rest, animal tracks, a spotting point, etc, just hit "A" and you will get credit for it. You should get those achievements rather early in the career.

The majority of the other achievements, like High Score, Shooting Proficiency, Optimal Shot, etc, I got without even trying to get them.

The 'difficult' achievements are Far, Far Away, Gold Rush, and Fearless Hunter.

Fearless Hunter can be done easily on the White Rhino Zimbabwe level. I was worried about being able to get this, but it was pretty easy actually. Just get set up, I used the shooting rests, and have a 2x scope on the rifle. Shoot the rhino in the rear end, making sure not to hit anything vital. You shoul dbe pretty close, and this will make the rhino charge you. Wait until it is running right at you and just shoot him in the chest. Even if it hits you before dying, you don't lose anything but time (as long as you shot it!) Then move to the second and third rhinos, rinse and repeat.

Gold Rush is not difficult, but a bit time consuming. Just be aware of what scopes and guns you are using and the challenges get done pretty quick. Make sure that you don't replay levels or quit out eary, as what you ahve accomplished will NOT save. You have to finish each level successfully and have it save.
I had trouble finding enough blood trails in the career, so I had to play a couple levels just to get that challenge. I used the elephant Zimbabwe level. Walk ahead and left to see the two sets of elephants. Run left and take out the one on the left, but don't claim it (this clears the area and can get you other Gold Medal challenges). Now walk along the pond until you come to the small tree. Shoot the elephant in the rear end, making sure not to hit vitals. The elephant herd will run to the left of the pond, past you. You should go to where you shot the elephant, and you will start finding blood trails to where they ran. I got 2-5 each time I replayed the level. Make sure to claim the trophy so you save your progress!

Far, Far Away is easily done on the zebra Namibia level. You can get 5 long shots in 2.5 playthroughs. I already did a reply talking about this under a different thread. I just don't have a link to it at the moment.

Ok, the last two achievements are the quick hunts. Just go through and kill at least one trophy on each level. I had the "Quick Hunt Expert" (kill 20) achieve soon after the "Quick Hunt Rookie" ahievement. For the last several levels I just took out one and quit out. Unlike the career mode, you don't have to finish the entire level before leaving.

Not the best guide ever, or even in the right format, but hopefully there are some good tips in here that will help someone!

Goots 88 02-20-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vindicaire (Post 5513904)
I had trouble finding enough blood trails in the career, so I had to play a couple levels just to get that challenge. I used the elephant Zimbabwe level. Walk ahead and left to see the two sets of elephants. Run left and take out the one on the left, but don't claim it (this clears the area and can get you other Gold Medal challenges). Now walk along the pond until you come to the small tree. Shoot the elephant in the rear end, making sure not to hit vitals. The elephant herd will run to the left of the pond, past you. You should go to where you shot the elephant, and you will start finding blood trails to where they ran. I got 2-5 each time I replayed the level. Make sure to claim the trophy so you save your progress!

Hmm this strategy seems awfully similar to the one I posted a few days before yours. Way to claim it as your own ;)

PS - your road map and guide suck. Cheers!

Goots 88 02-25-2013 07:24 PM

First off he's not helping people at all. He is taking ideas and posts from other threads and inputting them into his guide. Yes I understand he is trying to help people, but at the same time just acknowledge others who may of assisted you. Same thing happened to me on here before, I posted the Bonus List for Wreckateer on here and some other jack@$$ took it as their own and posted it on TA. So instead of praising some thief, show some respect and gratitude to those who actually took to the time to figure out the solutions. Any idiot can come along and re-post it for fools like you who are too lazy to check out other threads. It's people like you who add to this issue. Same as others posting in forums requesting a guide or roadmap. If you want something done, do it yourself. But don't take credit for other peoples hard earned work and play it off like it's your own. Pathetic.

Earthbound_X 02-26-2013 01:13 PM

Deleted my posts, this was a pointless waste of time, need to stay out of dumb Internet "fights"

Goots 88 02-26-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earthbound_X (Post 5600439)
Deleted my posts, this was a pointless waste of time, need to stay out of dumb Internet "fights"

Point, good guys!

Earthbound_X 02-27-2013 02:19 AM

No hard feelings. Thanks for your guide on Cabela's North American Hunts btw, pretty sure I used that.

Goots 88 02-27-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earthbound_X (Post 5601903)
No hard feelings. Thanks for your guide on Cabela's North American Hunts btw, pretty sure I used that.

You're welcome! Glad it helped!

I Run Oregon 05-07-2013 08:48 PM

[QUOTE=Goots 88;5598728].. Any idiot can come along and re-post it for fools like you who are too lazy to check out other threads. It's people like you who add to this issue.


If he was too lazy to check other threads then how is it that he stole your idea? Its possible you both figured it out. Their is no reason you need to be a fucking dick about it.

Goots 88 05-09-2013 08:36 PM

[quote=I Run Oregon;5758931]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Goots 88 (Post 5598728)
.. Any idiot can come along and re-post it for fools like you who are too lazy to check out other threads. It's people like you who add to this issue.


If he was too lazy to check other threads then how is it that he stole your idea? Its possible you both figured it out. Their is no reason you need to be a fucking dick about it.

First of all dumbass. The lazy post was to the other chap who decided to chime in but then deleted his post. Second of all, the guy clearly stole my post with out issuing any credit and playing it off like it's his own. And third of all, who are you to get involved and send hate mail, get a fucking life buddy.

I Run Oregon 05-10-2013 04:59 AM

who the fuck are you who thinks that anybody that might have the same idea as you just stole your post. Im a user on here just like you and have the right to post my opinion about stupid ass dick heads like yourself.

Goots 88 05-10-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Run Oregon (Post 5762914)
who the fuck are you who thinks that anybody that might have the same idea as you just stole your post. Im a user on here just like you and have the right to post my opinion about stupid ass dick heads like yourself.

Are you fucking stupid? His suggestion is literally identical to mine which I posted 4 days earlier. I have no problem with him reposting, its just add credit to where he came up with this solution. And how do you know he didn't copy it you little punk, he has yet to return to this thread and post otherwise. Go back to your parents basement and pick other fights online to make yourself feel good about yourself.

PS - read his first line of his post - "Ok, I don't normally give advice on here, but I take plenty, so I'll leave some notes on this game"

OWNED

I Run Oregon 05-10-2013 02:43 PM

Ya im stupid dude...your a fucking joke. Identical would be word for word and I checked your post and its not. Secondly, he didn't ask for your advice, he didn't say i'll take plenty of advice. He said that he does take advice meaning from other guides....god your retarded.

P.S. its kinda hard to go back to my parents basement when I own my own house....sick burn though

Goots 88 05-10-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Run Oregon (Post 5763481)
Ya im stupid dude...your a fucking joke. Identical would be word for word and I checked your post and its not. Secondly, he didn't ask for your advice, he didn't say i'll take plenty of advice. He said that he does take advice meaning from other guides....god your retarded.

P.S. its kinda hard to go back to my parents basement when I own my own house....sick burn though

exactly, he takes aid and assistance with other guides, except this time he decided to share it. You clearly have ego issues, maybe bullied in high school or something. All I am saying is that if he did decide to use my tips to create his "guide" then just state it where credits do. So go back to running Oregon, pretty sure you're just some internet loser (probably in real life as well) looking to be a tough guy cause you can't be in real life. You go brahhh

Take notes from EarhtboundX - he may not like what I had to say, but shit, at least he acknowledged my work. I work hard on my guides and tips and I'm not going to have some fuck-nuts steal my shit and claim it as there's. These little punks like you do it way too often and take credit until they are caught. Example B: http://www.trueachievements.com/a166...chievement.htm - kid posted it all over on TA until I joined and the kid owned up to it and at least gave me credit. So shut you're mouth and fuck off.

Whiskey Minor 05-10-2013 06:48 PM

I'd like to hunt you two at 200yrd for arguing about such nonsense ....:p

Goots 88 05-10-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whiskey Minor (Post 5763853)
I'd like to hunt you two at 200yrd for arguing about such nonsense ....:p

Amen brother. "Jackal" style

At the end of the day, green jacket gold jacket, who gives a shit.

I Run Oregon 05-17-2013 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goots 88 (Post 5763810)
exactly, he takes aid and assistance with other guides, except this time he decided to share it. You clearly have ego issues, maybe bullied in high school or something. All I am saying is that if he did decide to use my tips to create his "guide" then just state it where credits do. So go back to running Oregon, pretty sure you're just some internet loser (probably in real life as well) looking to be a tough guy cause you can't be in real life. You go brahhh

So Im the internet loser while your work hard on your guides? LOL think what you want... Every guide of yours ive ever read was very very poor...just saying. I would be embarrassed if I ever reposted anything of yours

Goots 88 05-17-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Run Oregon (Post 5774758)
So Im the internet loser while your work hard on your guides? LOL think what you want... Every guide of yours ive ever read was very very poor...just saying. I would be embarrassed if I ever reposted anything of yours

Every guide of mine sucks? Even if that's the case, I am ok with it. They are meant to help others, I'm not looking for a Pulitzer Prize. I enjoy feedback and take constructive criticism very well. But thanks for the words of encouragement. Hypocrite much??? You literally blasted me on this forum and private message (who does that???) for putting someone down for their so-called guide (aka ctrl-C to ctrl-V) yet you are doing the same now. Pathetic internet-loser troll.

Thulgrum 04-10-2014 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goots 88 (Post 5776201)
Every guide of mine sucks? Even if that's the case, I am ok with it. They are meant to help others, I'm not looking for a Pulitzer Prize. I enjoy feedback and take constructive criticism very well. But thanks for the words of encouragement. Hypocrite much??? You literally blasted me on this forum and private message (who does that???) for putting someone down for their so-called guide (aka ctrl-C to ctrl-V) yet you are doing the same now. Pathetic internet-loser troll.

Why do you come off as the biggest douche in this thread? Grow up!


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.