XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Halo 4 (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2257)
-   -   C...S...R... What's That Stand For? (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=418535)

LickableLemons7 01-26-2013 03:17 AM

C...S...R... What's That Stand For?

COMPETETIVE SKILL RANK

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin Franklin
CSR Competitive Skill Rank

We have been working closely with several internal teams on optimizing the ranking system, and working to integrate it into your Waypoint player profile, accessible on web, phone and tablet.

More Details:
You will have a unique CSR visible per playlist.
Your highest CSR across all playlists will be promoted in the player profile on Halo Waypoint.
CSR uses familiar 1-50 scale.
When CSR launches, everyone will start with a fresh rating.

Our targeted launch date for CSR is April 2013, and we will be re-configuring some of our most competitive playlists to accommodate the launch of the feature.

I like Spongebob. The old Spongebob, at least. He's cool.

The Halo Bulletin: 1.23.13: http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headli...tin-12313.aspx

Does anyone still read those bulletins? Gotta stay updated.

Razor Buddha 01-26-2013 03:44 AM

Will anyone still be playing in April? Seems like a really bad idea to wait that long to give us something that should have shipped with the game. It makes me feel like they don't care about the people who care about this.

crazy W01f 816 01-26-2013 03:58 AM

It's coming far too late for it to even matter and it's not even going to be visible in-game.

DarkReign2021 01-26-2013 05:40 AM

Actually Wolf, according to the bullet list Lemon posted, it clearly states that there will be a visible rank for each individual playlist. It'll be just like Halo 3's system.

Int3rnalF3ar 01-26-2013 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazy W01f 816 (Post 5539277)
It's coming far too late for it to even matter and it's not even going to be visible in-game.

Initially, that's what I thought. But after re-reading it, it could very well be visible in-game.

And this thread also peaked my interest.

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_...-Playlist.aspx

crazy W01f 816 01-26-2013 06:18 AM

From BS Angel herself:
http://i.imgur.com/KucJi54.png?1

drexsack 01-26-2013 09:54 AM

April and not ingame? Who cares?

Hishoa 01-26-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 (Post 5539381)
Actually Wolf, according to the bullet list Lemon posted, it clearly states that there will be a visible rank for each individual playlist. It'll be just like Halo 3's system.

Yes, visible.. on Waypoint.

OT: Same opinion as users above. It's one thing that it takes until April, but to have it only visible for players on their smartphones or computer? GTFO with that nonsense.

StarsRPD 01-26-2013 01:39 PM

It should be like on Halo 3 (wishful thinking) I will check it out though on my smartphone what level I am :)

Ty-Rex 01-26-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazy W01f 816 (Post 5539410)
From BS Angel herself:

343: More Disappointing Than Prom Night

BiggD 01-26-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarsRPD (Post 5539685)
It should be like on Halo 3 (wishful thinking) I will check it out though on my smartphone what level I am :)

At this rate, nothing 343 does will be like Halo 3.

EDIT: I think it's safe to say that almost all of us on these Forums are bored with Halo 4 and disgusted with how terrible 343 has handled it.

Fechdog 01-26-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The BiggD (Post 5539919)
I think it's safe to say that almost all of us on these Forums are disgusted with how terrible Halo 4 has turned out.

I'm more bored than disgusted at this point.

BiggD 01-26-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fechdog (Post 5539929)
I'm more bored than disgusted at this point.

Well, perhaps disgusted was a little too strong to say. Bored, for sure though.

StarsRPD 01-26-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The BiggD (Post 5539945)
Well, perhaps disgusted was a little too strong to say. Bored, for sure though.

Agreed, I played 439 days of Reach 360voice.com stats. I don't think Halo 4 will get that high on my list. currently 58 days though it's new so we'll see. Maybe 343i release a magic update that fixes everything.
http://360voice.gamerdna.com/blog-ga...=Eskobar%20M92

BiggD 01-26-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarsRPD (Post 5539951)
Agreed, I played 439 days of Reach 360voice.com stats. I don't think Halo 4 will get that high on my list. currently 58 days though it's new so we'll see. Maybe 343i release a magic update that fixes everything.
http://360voice.gamerdna.com/blog-ga...=Eskobar%20M92

Does that site go by a full 24-hour day you played or just days you booted up the game? Cause 400 days on Reach is insanity lol.

Halo 4 will see my attention in ways of DLC achievements in February and April & one hour Spartan Ops sessions on Monday nights. That's it.

StarsRPD 01-26-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The BiggD (Post 5539961)
Does that site go by a full 24-hour day you played or just days you booted up the game? Cause 400 days on Reach is insanity lol.

Halo 4 will see my attention in ways of DLC achievements in February and April & one hour Spartan Ops sessions on Monday nights. That's it.

Booted up of course I'm not leaving my Xbox on for that long :) I had another friend of mine ask the same question he thought I was crazy for playing too much. Edit: Rapt.com tracks real hours but I joined late so I have 373hrs Reach and 338hrs Halo 4. Both Elite rank.http://raptr.com/game/Halo-Reach/wal...ug_query=Reach

Get 5920 more hours or achievements to be the #1 player on Raptr! - Yeah right. H4 all day? (that's 200+ days he/she must have cheated the timer H4 has been out 100+ days)

Yes bring on the DLC and true skill.

BiggD 01-26-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarsRPD (Post 5539964)
Booted up of course I'm not leaving my Xbox on for that long :) I had another friend of mine ask the same question he thought I was crazy for playing too much.

Okay good, because I was wondering how it was possible to play that much :p

Ty-Rex 01-26-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarsRPD (Post 5539964)
Booted up of course I'm not leaving my Xbox on for that long :)

Site says I have 435 days of Reach played which I entirely blame on my job. I think it may be a little off, though, cause it says I only played 21 days of Halo 3 and that's obviously wrong.

Edit: I also sometimes just left my xbox on for extended periods of time with Reach in the tray running as I did other things at work so that explains some of the time.

BiggD 01-26-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gheuh2 (Post 5539973)
Site says I have 435 days of Reach played which I entirely blame on my job. I think it may be a little off, though, cause it says I only played 21 days of Halo 3 and that's obviously wrong.

I'll never know my stats because I'm too lazy to make an account on that site :(

StarsRPD 01-26-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gheuh2 (Post 5539973)

Edit: I also sometimes just left my xbox on for extended periods of time with Reach in the tray running as I did other things at work so that explains some of the time.

I have 4 more days than you, I better go play Reach before you catch up :). 21 days might be because you joined after you played much Halo 3. I have 103 days on Halo 3 since Oct.2009.

LickableLemons7 01-27-2013 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazy W01f 816 (Post 5539410)
From BS Angel herself:

Well, that's disappointing to see.

But I think 343i is finally understanding what the community wants to receive. 343i is slowly bringing changes and cooking things up in a mischievous manner behind the scenes. This new CSR in Halo 4 is a tiny step towards the direction we've been clamouring for, and the implementation of this "Forge test" playlist is something great, too. A friend just gave me another 14 day trial code for Gold so I'm able to hop on Live for the next 2 weeks. I just played a match on "Shutout," the Lockout remake, and this was the most exhilerating match I have played on Halo 4 to date. I'm pretty pumped for Grifball next Monday, and new changes or maps that could be seen in the Forge test playlist.

DarkReign2021 01-27-2013 04:30 AM

Kill off enough multiplayer population and 343 will be forced to cater to the fanbase and make the changes that you guys want. The gaming industry has been in a position where it thinks it owns us these past few years with things like paid DLC and Online Passes. This isn't true. Gamers own the industry, so it's time to take back what is ours (If only America would get into this mindset about our government...)

BiggD 01-27-2013 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 (Post 5540772)
Kill off enough multiplayer population and 343 will be forced to cater to the fanbase and make the changes that you guys want. The gaming industry has been in a position where it thinks it owns us these past few years with things like paid DLC and Online Passes. This isn't true. Gamers own the industry, so it's time to take back what is ours (If only America would get into this mindset about our government...)

So we get everybody we can (at least everybody on these Forums) to stop playing Halo for 6 months to show 343 we're not fucking around?

I'm down.

DarkReign2021 01-27-2013 04:42 AM

Don't see why it wouldn't work. There's a line between defending the game you've created and wanting some sort of population. And since Halo is MS's baby, I don't think they'll just sit back and let Halo die.

BiggD 01-27-2013 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 (Post 5540787)
Don't see why it wouldn't work. There's a line between defending the game you've created and wanting some sort of population. And since Halo is MS's baby, I don't think they'll just sit back and let Halo die.

Now that you mention Microsoft, I just wanna add it that they need more exclusives.

Anyways, I'm sure getting everyone on these Forums to stop playing Halo won't happen but I'll surely do it. The only incentive I have to play is Spartan Ops anyways and that only lasts like all of 60 minutes on Monday nights.

One hour of Halo 4 a week? I'm sure 343 will get my message.

Razor Buddha 01-27-2013 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 (Post 5540787)

Call of Duty makes them more money. MS has exclusive deals with Activision for CoD. That's their baby now.

Halo is becoming a niche product.

LickableLemons7 01-27-2013 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razor Buddha (Post 5540805)
Call of Duty makes them more money. MS has exclusive deals with Activision for CoD. That's their baby now.

Yeah, 360 players get DLC a month earlier than the rest, right? I remember hearing that about MW3. Is the contract still holding with BO2 and future CoD titles?

Quote:

Halo is becoming a niche product.
Just like Fable. Ugh.

Razor Buddha 01-27-2013 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 (Post 5540821)
Yeah, 360 players get DLC a month earlier than the rest, right? Is the contract holding with BO2 and future CoD titles?

It's been like that since at least BO1. No sign of stopping although a new system could mean change. I doubt it though seeing how out of 11+ million units sold the first week for BO2, 6+ million were on Xbox alone.

DICE and Sony play the same game with BF3

BiggD 01-27-2013 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razor Buddha (Post 5540825)
It's been like that since at least BO1. No sign of stopping although a new system could mean change. I doubt it though seeing how out of 11+ million units sold the first week for BO2, 6+ million were on Xbox alone.

DICE and Sony play the same game with BF3

Dang really? I hadn't known that. Activision is fucking rich dude. They don't mess around.

Off-Topic: Anyone think Activision will smother Bungie on Destiny?

LickableLemons7 01-27-2013 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The BiggD (Post 5540834)
Off-Topic: Anyone think Activision will smother Bungie on Destiny?

I think they've already got 4 games planned, right? Bungie/Activision slated the first title for release later this year(subject to change) and then they stated "Destiny" would be an ambitious project, expanding its lore to the likes of Star Wars. They've planned future titles every other year following the initial release of Destiny in late 2013. So if they do follow through with their schedule, Destiny 2(or whatever it could be called) would be out late 2015, Destiny 3 in 2017, and Destiny 4 in 2019.

Edit: My memory is better than I thought. Here's more stuff to read up. There's these things called "Comets" too.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...Exclusive.html