XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Dead Space 3 (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2670)
-   -   metal detector achievement? (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421549)

chris6278 02-06-2013 12:51 PM

metal detector achievement?

It says to deploy the scavenger boys to 15 resource areas, I've deployed it in several areas but its not counting toward the achievement. Where do I find a resourced area?

asdfen 02-06-2013 01:16 PM

equip bot and use its locater till its cone thing turns into circle ping. deploy it at those spots 15 times

chris6278 02-06-2013 01:22 PM

Got it. Thanx

Licensedshoes 02-06-2013 03:19 PM

When do you first get a scavenger bot?

Tai_MT 02-06-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Licensedshoes (Post 5561869)
When do you first get a scavenger bot?

It's story related, can't be missed. You get it somewhere in Chapter 3 or 4 I think. Fairly early on once you're on the derelict ships.

Licensedshoes 02-06-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tai_MT (Post 5562311)
It's story related, can't be missed. You get it somewhere in Chapter 3 or 4 I think. Fairly early on once you're on the derelict ships.

I'm in ch 5 and still don't have it. Good to know its not missable though thanks.

EDIT: just picked it up about 5 minutes into ch 5

Tai_MT 02-06-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Licensedshoes (Post 5562347)
I'm in ch 5 and still don't have it. Good to know its not missable though thanks.

EDIT: just picked it up about 5 minutes into ch 5

No problem. It's not missable (since the game frequently tells you to use it pretty much everywhere you go) 'cause it's kind of a vital piece of equipment. It's like Stasis or Kinesis... except... You know... it's for supplies instead of attacking!

tankbuster 02-06-2013 11:34 PM

I am only at CH 5, do u get more bots as u progress or just the one? And I am assuming u can upgrade the bot??

Rep 02-07-2013 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tankbuster (Post 5562976)
I am only at CH 5, do u get more bots as u progress or just the one? And I am assuming u can upgrade the bot??

I had three by the time I finished the game. Two of them were just scattered around the level, so there might still be more.

I don't think you can upgrade them, because I never saw an option to do so. Not like it matters as you don't really need to.

Tai_MT 02-07-2013 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rep (Post 5563217)
I had three by the time I finished the game. Two of them were just scattered around the level, so there might still be more.

I don't think you can upgrade them, because I never saw an option to do so. Not like it matters as you don't really need to.

I've only ever had one bot. I can't use it until it returns to the bench, then I pick it back up and get supplies and I can redeploy it again.

I was not aware you could carry more than one. I'm on Chapter 9 and haven't seen any more.

Rep 02-07-2013 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tai_MT (Post 5563388)
I've only ever had one bot. I can't use it until it returns to the bench, then I pick it back up and get supplies and I can redeploy it again.

I was not aware you could carry more than one. I'm on Chapter 9 and haven't seen any more.

I believe I found one of them during Chapter 8. Just fully search the area because I'm pretty sure it was off to the sides. Not sure where I found the third bot.

You can only have two bots out at once, though.

Tai_MT 02-07-2013 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rep (Post 5563406)
I believe I found one of them during Chapter 8. Just fully search the area because I'm pretty sure it was off to the sides. Not sure where I found the third bot.

You can only have two bots out at once, though.

Ah, one is plenty. By the time I finish exploring an area or clearing it out, my bot is usually done and then I go pick it up and deploy to a new area.

So far, I haven't needed more than one... But I keep forgetting that I have it so I don't use it much. When I'm out of tungsten though, I use it for supplies!