XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Batman: Arkham City (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1570)
-   -   Exiting the subway in New Game Plus (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=422703)

Batmanbeyond 02-10-2013 07:58 PM

Exiting the subway in New Game Plus

I finally got past the thugs and exited the subway. I didn't have to fight the thugs at all.

First I took out the leader by using the takedown. Next I dropped the smoke and headed to crates. I climbed on the highest crate and used my cryptographic scanner to unlock one set of doors. I threw the freeze grenade a couple of times to trap the thugs and then ran through the door and up the stairs. I jumped over the turnstile and then turned around to see the thugs stuck at the turnstile. I was then able to exit the subway and continue on. I did not get a "you must secure the area to continue" warning so I'm guessing that the developers allowed this escape on purpose.

Watch out for thugs throwing stuff while using the scanner!

TheCloudAtlas 03-11-2013 04:34 AM

Dude your awesome! this helped a lot.

Jweezy117 03-11-2013 08:07 AM

This would have helped me so much!! :mad:

Slaughter XBA 03-25-2013 12:06 AM

Didn't even realize that people struggled with this! I thought that Clayface was very difficult on New Game + and gave me more trouble than anything in the game. Well, besides the campaign medals for the DLC characters.

PsychoKnight666 04-29-2013 03:16 PM

LOL ... Wish now I look at these boards more was trying to get past this part for 2 hours then had to switch the xbox off before the controller went thru the tv ... Went back a couple hours later and got past it no prob fighting my way out ... Your way would of been as much faster

But I'm not looking forward to that joker fight facing joker, hammer guy and think there is a Titan then all those goons bound to be a few armour and shield thugs and those roll a coaster tracks ... Putting it off as long as possible :eek::(

cjdavies 05-01-2013 12:54 PM

[QUOTE=V1ZIONZxBLOOD;5654335]Didn't even realize that people struggled with this! I thought that Clayface was very difficult on New Game + and gave me more trouble than anything in the game. QUOTE]

Was thinking the same, only trouble I had from what I remember was the loads of thugs in Musuem and the Funhouse towards the end.

FrozenRaptorz 05-01-2013 12:57 PM

Clayfac and a few of the main bosses I struggled with quite a bit. I always had issues with the combat part except the sneaking around and decetive stuff was pretty doable.

PsychoKnight666 05-03-2013 01:42 PM

I did not have any probs with last joker boss fight in steel mill (funhouse) or the museum fight maybe because they had titans and hammer guy but that subway fight was a pain on new way plus and the p10 fight just because of the 4-5 armour guys but got thru that faster than the subway and clayface was easy as a last boss ... Just have to collect catwoman stuff from the thugs and game+ done and do the ar stuff and collect the last 30 riddler trophies ... Then onto predator and combat mode

EpicMickey 07-23-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Batmanbeyond (Post 5569970)
I finally got past the thugs and exited the subway. I didn't have to fight the thugs at all.

First I took out the leader by using the takedown. Next I dropped the smoke and headed to crates. I climbed on the highest crate and used my cryptographic scanner to unlock one set of doors. I threw the freeze grenade a couple of times to trap the thugs and then ran through the door and up the stairs. I jumped over the turnstile and then turned around to see the thugs stuck at the turnstile. I was then able to exit the subway and continue on. I did not get a "you must secure the area to continue" warning so I'm guessing that the developers allowed this escape on purpose.

Watch out for thugs throwing stuff while using the scanner!

Can you be more specific when you say crate and highest crate? I don't remember ever seeing a crate where you can climb above the thugs... You're not lying are you? If you're not then please be specific it's your best friend and I would like to know this to those thugs are too hard for me to beat in new game plus

Edit : saw no crates in there so far this hasn't worked for me. even with the smokes that effect only stops them for a few seconds. So I'm sure you made this up. if you hadn't it would've worked for me too