XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Dead Space (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=834)
-   -   Dead space One Gun and Impossible difficulty (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=427583)

Durrsaster 03-04-2013 03:55 AM

Dead space One Gun and Impossible difficulty

Do you guys recommend getting the two achievements stated in the title at the same time or doing two separate play throughs? I heard that ammo conservation is a big thing and thus would it not be better to only use the plasma cutter?

Tyger7 03-04-2013 04:05 AM

To upgrade everything, you must play multiple times anyways. Stack the one gun with one of those to make it much easier.

diesel98a 03-09-2013 04:13 AM

i am doing my one gun run through on normal, save insane for later.......

I JUST D0 WORK 03-09-2013 04:50 AM

I would also Reccomemd doing one gun on a lower difficulty. I used the plans cutter and force gun on my impossible play through

HabsCen10ial 03-14-2013 09:56 PM

I'm doing them together because the Plasma Cutter in my opinion is one of the better guns when leveled up. Just make sure you aim for their lims.

Clowhagen 04-14-2013 11:26 AM

I agree with Habs ^. I'm going threw on impossible right now and I've only been using the plasma cutter. So long as you aim for limbs it works wonders. It'll work even better for you if you aim for the same side of the body (Example: Take off both the arm and leg on the left side of the body and they will die).

Ninja Eagle 04-14-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durrsaster (Post 5613019)
Do you guys recommend getting the two achievements stated in the title at the same time or doing two separate play throughs? I heard that ammo conservation is a big thing and thus would it not be better to only use the plasma cutter?

Knock out 2 birds with 1 stone. The Plasma Cutter's the best gun in the game by far. Especially if you can get it upgraded. Also take advantage of some exploits such as the Peng duplication and infinite credits glitch.

One Winged Joker 04-14-2013 11:57 AM

I loved the game, so I made it last as long as I could, and I did them on separate runs. I also wanted to enjoy Impossible Mode with all the arsenal at my disposal, and I really did. It wasn't easy, nor desperating.

Ninja Eagle 04-14-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Winged Joker (Post 5701589)
I loved the game, so I made it last as long as I could, and I did them on separate runs. I also wanted to enjoy Impossible Mode with all the arsenal at my disposal, and I really did. It wasn't easy, nor desperating.

I was tempted to do that, but I just found most of the guns to be complete shit (looking at you Flamethrower) so I just decided that an extra playthrough for 40G would be a waste of time.

One Winged Joker 04-14-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninja Eagle (Post 5701593)
I was tempted to do that, but I just found most of the guns to be complete shit (looking at you Flamethrower) so I just decided that an extra playthrough for 40G would be a waste of time.

Yeah, some of them were rubbish indeed. I usually went with the plasma cutter, that sort of assault rifle, the chainsaw thing and that big piece of junk that shot wide beams. I can't remember how useful they actually were, but I do remember it was some funny, bloody, severed-limbs-everywhere party. :D

It depends on how badly you want to enlarge the experience. I knew I was close to an end when I realized there were only two achievements left, so I did it that way. And after going through both runs, I still recommend it to everyone who really likes the game and has the time. :)

Ninja Eagle 04-14-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Winged Joker (Post 5701630)
Yeah, some of them were rubbish indeed. I usually went with the plasma cutter, that sort of assault rifle, the chainsaw thing and that big piece of junk that shot wide beams. I can't remember how useful they actually were, but I do remember it was some funny, bloody, severed-limbs-everywhere party. :D

It depends on how badly you want to enlarge the experience. I knew I was close to an end when I realized there were only two achievements left, so I did it that way. And after going through both runs, I still recommend it to everyone who really likes the game and has the time. :)

As much as I loved the game, I was completely ready to move on. Two playthroughs was definitely enough. I heard in Dead Space 2 the hardest difficulty only allows 3 checkpoints. I'm not looking forward to it at all!

One Winged Joker 04-14-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninja Eagle (Post 5701637)
As much as I loved the game, I was completely ready to move on. Two playthroughs was definitely enough. I heard in Dead Space 2 the hardest difficulty only allows 3 checkpoints. I'm not looking forward to it at all!

Dead Space 2 was fine, but I didn't enjoy it half as much as I enjoyed Dead Space. And yes, that's the achievement. Sure it's challenging, but I found it absurd and desperating rather than funny. It's the only achievement I didn't get, I believe.

As I said, it depends on how much time you want to spend. Well, and as for the "hard" option, it also depends a bit on your own skills. So Durrsaster, it's up to you. Both ways are completely doable.

Infernal 06-05-2013 04:59 PM

Im doing my one gun playthrough on easy, just to make it a lot easier.

SicklyPlague 06-10-2013 07:29 AM

Depends on if you have already played the game.

First time playing go through on normal upgrading your suit and weapons especially the plasma cutter ad get one gun on a normal difficulty. next play through use plasma cutter and another weapon of your choice to do impossible on.

Or to make it easier do both at the same time the plasma cutter is the best weapon in the game anyway.

GamerPerfection 06-10-2013 07:42 AM

I found this game very hard, but maybe I gave up too soon. But the bit I got to was I was in a room, like a laboratory or something and then I was sealed in and had to fight and kill a certain number before the door opened. Well my problem was that I had so little ammo that I didn't have enough to really do anything.

Only option I had was to keep going and get annoyed not getting anywhere, start again or give up. It's only one of two games i've ever given up on.

Puppys 09-19-2013 03:11 PM

A little late to the thread, but I would not recommend doing both on the same profile. Impossible is very difficult, and I found myself using three different guns (force gun and line gun occassionally) and I still struggled.