XboxAchievements.com

XboxAchievements.com (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gun Bros (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2730)
-   -   WP8 Compatibility? (http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=428372)

Seiryu 03-06-2013 12:22 PM

WP8 Compatibility?

Has anyone tried playing this on a WP8? I know that many games available on the WP8 marketplace actually have compatibility issues, and I wanted to know if this is one of them before I start it. I still have my old WP7, which I use exclusively on wi-fi playing the games that aren't available on WP8, so I am trying to figure out which phone would be the better choice for playing this game.

For reference my options are:

WP7: Samsung Focus (one of the original WP7 launch models)
WP8: Nokia Lumia 920

Is there any chance that this game would run better on one of those than the other?

Also... I know Glu games usually have lots of bugs anyways regardless of compatibility. I've finished 200/200 on Bug Village and I'm currently working on Contract Killer, so I suppose another question is should I bother trying to play this game at all? How does the ease of completion compare to the other Glu games?

Grunt Attack 03-14-2013 09:03 AM

Dam it , I lost my Nokia Lumia 710
I just hopping this game is fully playable on Nokia Lumia 620 and my save status is on Glu Servers
I only have spent 5hrs on it with grinding method though

Pain Immortal 03-14-2013 09:17 AM

[QUOTE=Seiryu;5617584]Has anyone tried playing this on a WP8?QUOTE]

I played it without problems on my Nokia Lumia 820 and it's a WP8.

But there some in game glitches.
  • Game gets stuck on character select screen.
  • Game starts but is not connected. Requires multiple restarts to work.
  • You cannot use the back button in game menus as it makes game quit out completely.
  • Bro's do not show up in game even if you have several people on your Friend's list with the game.
  • Similar to above - Not all Bros appear in Bro selection or under challenges.
  • Game can cycle through Bros even when you select the player you want to play with.
  • Bro Op challenges show as completed already even though you have not played them so you cannot unlock the rewards.
  • Challenge rewards do not always appear in your inventory.
  • Inventory disappears (probably the most infuriating for obvious reasons).
  • Green bucks disappearing.
  • Game gets stuck on loading screen and the loading icon just stops and can take several attempts to start.
  • Similar to above but will not start up at all and just sits on loading screen permanently showing the loading icon. This is an issue I have had and as far as I am aware no one else has reported this yet but let us know if you have. I found a work around which you will find below.

Grunt Attack 03-17-2013 09:11 AM

The game never connects but its always boots in offline mode. So it doesnt work on my WP8 Nokia Lumia 620
i was on level 36 i think on my WP7 Nokia Lumia 710
The weird thing is that my achievements are sync correctly

Grunt Attack 04-01-2013 09:04 AM

Ok i got it to work but the controls are broken unless you boot up the game with charger. So it's almost unplayable most of the time.
Sadly i lost all my inventory when i was loading my save

bigmike20vt 06-04-2013 08:24 AM

controls have improved (dramatically) since the last windows 8 os update on my lumia 620.

SolarFury 06-04-2013 01:17 PM

Had this on my WP8 since I got it in April (920 BTW), and finally decided to give it a go last night.

Kept either freezing on the character select screen, or on the first loading screen.

I know it's a free game and all, but it's still absolutely fucking retarded. :mad::(